Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I went shooting this morning with a buddy and we brought a few different handguns--1911's, Glocks, Kahrs, S&W revolvers, Ruger revolvers, and couple others. But, the more I shot, the more I love stainless Ruger MKII's! I don't shoot them any better or any worse than anything else. They just make me smile. Anybody else a fan?

[Linked Image]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wade;
Good evening to you sir, it's been far, far too long since I've said hello.

While we don't have any stainless Mk II's at our house, we do have a couple blued ones that taught both of our girls how to shoot pistols.

[Linked Image]

My goodness I can remember that range day like it was last week and they're both out of school now and in the process of migrating away from home.....

Anyway sir, thanks for twigging the pleasant memories and all the best to you and your family this summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne! Look at that pic! Your girls are babies! It kind of makes me sad! (My oldest is 16 and I can look into the not-to-distant future and see age 18 rapidly approaching. It's not fair! I'm not ready to let her go!)

It doesn't surprise me a bit that you've a couple MKII's stashed away and that your girls learned to shoot with them. I think that's the MKII's greatest purpose in life! I expect there's a few more members here on the 'fire with similar stories of teaching kids to shoot with them. smile

Take care, and have a wonderful weekend!

EDITED to add:

I posted this pic already here on the 'fire, but here's the 16 year old doing some mounted shooting. They grow up so fast:
[Linked Image]

Wade

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Count me in. I have had the same one for 25 years now. I taught my children to shoot with it, and others.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Count me in as a fan. There are two or three of them laying around here. I like the 22/45 version, but the heart of the pistol is the same.

One of mine will likely get put to use today.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

One of mine will likely get put to use today.

No cliffhangers!

Inquiring minds...

Wade

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry buddy. I am teaching a CCDW class today. Got one student that needs a loner. Got two more who called and asked if I could fix their guns. Interestingly, both bought brand new Smith and Wesson Shields that shoot low and left from their point of aim......

Yeah, I think I can fix that. (With a with a 22 pistol.)

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm pretty fond of Ruger 22's. My first handgun was Ruger MK1 22LR. I got rid of it and picked up a 22/45 with a bull barrel. Fun to shoot and they work well. I would like to get a slabside and a suppressed model down the road also.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Interestingly, both bought brand new Smith and Wesson Shields that shoot low and left from their point of aim......

Very common complaint from newbies to the M&P platform. Experienced shooters always blame the gun. You have to shoot them in front of them and they still don't believe you. At least the newbies are teachable.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've had five or six, either the older standard models or MkIIs, and a couple .22/45s, too.

I don't have any experience with the new MkIIIs, though they've been altered enough that I'm not especially interested, anyway. They went and mucked up a great design.

I've got to get something to teach the wife with, it'll probably be an M&P Compact, or a revolver. I cannot abide a magazine safety.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Interestingly, both bought brand new Smith and Wesson Shields that shoot low and left from their point of aim......

Very common complaint from newbies to the M&P platform. Experienced shooters always blame the gun. You have to shoot them in front of them and they still don't believe you. At least the newbies are teachable.

The first one of the two did a fine job with his pistol. When he shot through his twenty rounds, I asked if he still felt like his pistol was shooting low left.

It was funny, he said "Clearly, that was my fault, not the pistol's"

The second guy did fine as well, and allowed as to how it must have been operator error that was causing the issue.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have a 5 1/2" stainless 22/45 that I bought from karnis a few years ago. It resides in Idaho and we were out shooting it last week. Accurate bugger.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I also love my MKII:

[Linked Image]

I just bought a mkI target pistol that shoots as good as my MKII, but I like the refinements of the MKII better. Many think the mkII was the best of the bunch. Waders, I'm surprised you don't have your mkII scoped up with a red dot for those pin shoots.... Mine is wearing a red dot sight now for the pin shoots here. It is super fast and very accurate, as well as fun to shoot. They are also extremely reliable. So to answer your question: Yes, I love my mkII... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep - me... I have the blued version of the slab-side. Topped with a small red-dot sight it's death to squirrels. Very accurate and has swallowed all types of standard 22 ammo to date..

It's one I'll never sell..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
my favorite handgun of all time...

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Waders, I'm surprised you don't have your mkII scoped up with a red dot for those pin shoots.

Actually, I've had better luck with laser grips. Don't know why, I'm just faster with them.

Wade

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[Linked Image]

I've had mine for over twenty years now, inside the same holster and god knows how many rounds. Maybe I've cleaned it twice smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had mine for pushing 30 years. It's about the last handgun I'd give up.

[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its hard to beat a mk2. I have the ss and blued gov model's. They are very accurate. They digest any thing you put in them. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 65 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,226
Posts18,466,576
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.