-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My best to you and the Family. God how I hate Cancer.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best wishes and thoughts from here.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't say it better than what has been said. Give her a gentle hug and a kiss on the cheek for me please.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
First I lost my baby brother to a stupid motorcycle accident, he was 27. Then my baby sister to cancer, she was 54. My folks were never the same after that.
I wonder why for a long time. I also asked why not me?

Then I found that I have someone to care for. Someone who needs the help only I can give. We have been together for over 57 years.
We tote our own loads.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So sorry to hear this, I will be keeping your sister in my prayers.

IC B2

C
C
Greetings byc and campfire

2 points to make here.
First of all your post compelled me to finally register (Which is a good thing....I think. I'm am or was a long time lurker here and have always enjoyed the fire, 10+ years Marine Vet, NRA Instructor (mostly with Scouts) Avid hunter of upland and large game. Own a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. Married 23 years with 12yr old twins (one of each).

This brings me to my second point, last year my wife was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer and I'll never forget the look on our surgeons face when he came out to tell me the news. All I could think about was my wife and 2 kids, but not once did it cross my mind about losing her. Terrified, yes but for some reason losing this battle never crossed me. I'll tell you that you will get bombarded with info beyond belief and it was hard to absorb it all at once. Take a deep breath......are you there yet?

We elected to do chemo first, to make sure the cancer was reacting. That was smooth at first, then it starts to have it's effect and that is an up and down ride. But it was working, it had the results we had hoped for, after some months it was time for the surgery. That in it's own right is scary on any given day for any type of surgery, but that day too came to pass. Next at bat was the radiation treatment, that was, well lets say a very expensive suntan. But it worked, almost a year out and no signs of the big "C" left. We are most greatful to our team of doctors, our friends and the man up above. I guess what I'm trying to say is that nothing is a given, everybody's situation is different and everyone reacts differently. The only thing you can control is your attitude. Stay positive, though all the up and downs, stay positive. That IS contagious, cry if you want, but do it alone, never once do you let things seem as they may very well be. Someone has to be THE ROCK, stay positive, be a crutch if needed, but always be that glimmer of hope. Nobody knows what's around the next bend and I pray for a positive outcome, but never give up, fight with all your strength. Be her ROCK,
For her, her family and yours.

God Bless you and your sister
Semper Fi
SJ

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Prayers and best wishes.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayers from Oregon.... I've had my bouts with the Big C since 2009, but so far after radiation Low Dose Therapy, I am showing zero presence on each test so far...

I accepted it as a fate, and haven't freaked out about it, but it has sure made me feel a kindred attachment to others who have to cross this bridge.....

If they can land a man on the moon, I don't understand why modern medicine can't figure out a cure for this crap....

so heartfelt prayers from Oregon for her good health to return.. and if God chooses not to do so, then she has my prayers that her journey will be as painless and as void of as many of the symptoms as possible...

If the Good Lord will not return her to good health, may he at least give her the strength and bravery to face this with courage and dignity....\

best regards
seafire

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry to here this sad news, prayers sent for your sister and family.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
David, my prayers for your sister and your family. God Bless. Regards, BB

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just read this... Man, I'm so sorry to be hearing of this news.. She, and all involved, has my prayers and best wishes..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayer sent.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Words cannot explain the pain you feel. I cannot imagine hearing my sister diagnosed...

All I can do for you is pray for your family and you, and hat sir, I will do.

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I'm real sorry to hear this.

Good thoughts from us to your family!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent for your family. Tough times for sure but it can be beat. I beat tonsil cancer in '08 so if she is a fighter, sounds like she is, she can kick it's a$$!!

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Prayers for the entire family from N.C.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Doctors told me my 87 year old Mom wouldn't live to see the next day but through faith she saw 6 more years. Doctors are great but God is greater. Take this to Him, as will I, and believe.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh no. I'm not sure what else to say David. Please be assured that your sis and rest of the family will be in Lori's and my prayers. DO NOT let this take you too far down brother. Your sister sounds like a strong and determined woman and I'm sure shes ready for this fight, but she's going to need you and everyone else around her to remain strong.

I've watched my dad fight bladder cancer for the better part of a year and I'm amazed at how tough a human being can be when all the chips are on the line. You know you can call me any time my friend.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thoughts and prayers is unfortunately the best we can do.

Wish there was more.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife went through the exact thing, stage 4, and 1-1/2 years later she has no signs of anything bad. Perfect tumer marker every 3 months. The operation is tough, and the chemo was hard, but she got through it and is as healthy as we could ever hope for. Have faith my friend, and I will pray for both of them, and you and your family daily. PM me if there is anything I can help you with. Marty

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.