Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As for gun jams...
Several years ago I shot an elk. It was down but I needed a kill shot. After that, I couldn't open the bolt to eject the empty. I finally had to take it to a gunsmith to pull the barrel. Turned out to be user error. There was 1 case that I'd failed to trim and it was too long for the chamber. I really don't want to know how much pressure it generated to stick like that.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Before I was smart enough to use tape on my gun muzzle, I was in pursuit of a fair sized herd of elk. Wading through knee deep snow I took a digger. Wiping off the snow of my Winchester, I noticed the muzzle was full. With elk all around I had to sit down and use my Bic lighter to thaw the snow from my muzzle. By the time I got the muzzle clean, the elk were in the next county.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Watermelon.

Didn't jell and not enough sugar.

that made a little coffee come out my nose. LOL

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You're gonna have to tighten that up by year, there, Kawi..... smile Or at least by half-decade.

Tho over-all I'd say straining an 18 foot flat-bottom boat sideways through a 12 foot span railroad trestle is probably it. It happened, as these things do, real sudden like, through miscalculation (scientific term for dumazz), and I was pinned by the current and the one-inch 5 foot heavy-wall pipe lift-handle to the side of the boat as we went under. I sorta bent that pipe out of shape getting loose.... That's the only time I was at least for a few seconds pretty certain I was SOL dead....

Meanwhile, the Lab , out of all the floating objects, "rescued" the lunch, took it to shore, and ate it (It was a survival situation, after all), while I bull-dogged the boat to shore after it passed thru the trestle.

It is also how my boat got it's name - "Sneer". It appears it wasn't exactly flat on the floor when we welded it back up, and the right front corner has a lift to it.

Last edited by las; 07/23/15.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Blueberry jelly, Mike. We cut the next batch 50% with water, followed the package recipe again, and it set up fine. The first batch made real good pancake syrup...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 22 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.