Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go to bed old men.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tomorrow is another day to blow hard about nothing you know anything about...

God bless your innnettts....

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by eyeball
This^^^.

My disenthusiam with soccer developed years ago when I realized the progressive cause of an attempt to pollute the USA with European mores which were designed to seduce us to an inferior status in the world which included abandoning the blessed Imperial system of measurements we used to achieve world domination with the much more "effecient" and "worldly" metric system.

Doc...it's just a game.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Instead of one girl tearing off her shirt when a goal is scored I think they should all tear off their shirts whenever anything significant happens. A ref throws a flag, off go the shirts. A penalty kick, off with the shirts. Ball out of bounds, off with the shirts. If two minutes have gone by and nothing has happened, off with the shirts!

When one of the two or less goals in the entire game is scored, they should all remove their shorts as well.

I’d watch it. Hell, I’d go attend a game in person.

Jim - yes sir grin now your talking a great game !

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Anybody else watch England get sent home? There's at least 1 player on suicide watch tonight...

I said to my brother when I saw it, 'well JFC, the UK now has their own, albeit female, Bill Buckner. A lousy way to lose a match for sure. That'll be with her--and her family--for life, and maybe then some...'

I feel for the lass. She wasn't loafing at all; quite the contrary, actually. She was hustling out there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, just plain ol' bad luck. Hopefully she'll be around in 4 years and can redeem herself at the next World Cup...

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I take it the Germans wooped France yet again.
Originally Posted by ironbender
US beat China to get to the semi-finals tomorrow. The Germany vs France match was awesome!

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, just plain ol' bad luck. Hopefully she'll be around in 4 years and can redeem herself at the next World Cup...

I wouldn't call it bad luck, but a fairly common misplay/error in judgment; one just happened to end in total disaster.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by ironbender
Paul-
i think that back line is a huge part of Solo's 450 minutes (or so) of shut out!

I agree with you - she is very good and seems to be worth the publicity headaches for team USA. That back four work with her so well - contributes a lot to her remarkable record.

The derogatory comments above by renegade50 are interesting in their intensity, and 1minute points out factors that few "athletes" in other sports will recognize. For example, if you placed most NFL all-stars in the role of center midfielder and sent them out to run and work for 45 solid non-stop minutes on the USA womens' team, I believe they would be tongue-hanging, panting, drenched with sweat and oxygen-craving fools before the period were half finished. Doubtful? Try it.

I will send you a hurt feelings report if that will help or maybe a trophy or a ribbon for "fan participation" then ya can get back on the minivan and go home.............. laugh laugh laugh

as in my original thread
I did say I hope they beat those Nazi bishes
which they did

and then they beat the jap bishes to win the world cup

good for them

soccor still sucks
laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by renegade50; 07/06/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife, daughter, and I went to Winnepeg and watched the first two games the USWNT played, it was awesome! Wished we could have been at the Championship game as well! I believe that we have won!

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Anybody else watch England get sent home? There's at least 1 player on suicide watch tonight...

I said to my brother when I saw it, 'well JFC, the UK now has their own, albeit female, Bill Buckner. A lousy way to lose a match for sure. That'll be with her--and her family--for life, and maybe then some...'

I feel for the lass. She wasn't loafing at all; quite the contrary, actually. She was hustling out there.

Laura Bassett was her name. Felt really bad for her.

Julie Johnston, USA, did the same thing for Japan's second goal in the final. Fortunately it was absorbed by the lopsided score.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daughter is a center back for her team, and it's not uncommon for the defenders to move the ball around the backfield using their own keeper in the mix. During a game last year my daughter turned away from pressure and passed the ball back to the keeper who picked up her foot for some reason, and let the ball roll right into the goal....a perfect score for the other team! blush All she could do was stand there with a WTF look on her face.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This exactly. If you haven't played soccer, were either too "manly" or more likely not manly enough, sit in your armchairs and bitch about a girls game. Team USA done good.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.