Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
What would you consider the best State for a REAL American to live in???

Readiness. A state of readiness.

This is and will always be the correct answer. Well done, Sir (salute rendered).

Concur! but I do have one question: define "real"?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
I'm starting to think its Texas. Those folks seem to give less of a schitt about what the rest of the country thinks than anyone else.

I like that....

Me too obviously. A guy can at least start out by eliminating every blue state and go from there.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's actually a tough question to answer objectively. I suspect most of us have some bias in our thinking.

For example, I've lived in Oregon my whole life, minus a year in Alaska and a year on the road, and I love the state. But, if you look only at the politics, you would settle elsewhere. To do so would be missing out on a very unique state geographically. I can get away from the crowds and be by myself w/o any trouble, even in hunting season. We have everything from coastal rain forest to high desert to play in.

I will guess that the majority of states are run by the liberal cities, while the country people are similar everywhere you might go. Oregon has this problem. Doesn't mean there aren't a gazillion places to live out your life in peace and quiet.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'd give up on whole states and set my sights on counties.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Any state where you have low taxes, strong 2nd Amendment support, and conservative values.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
South Dakota if you can tolerate the winters. Reminds me of the America of my youth.

I'm better when I move.
T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Based on the past 3 weeks manhunt and residents response to having their lives turned upside down I'd guess that there are no flies in upstate NY. I live in upstate Wisconsin which is a beautiful piece of earth to live in, but am working on moving to western North Carolina, mainly because of family moving there and truly enjoying the beautiful country that exists there. I'm single and retired so no real anchors to keep me here. Have lived in Idaho and loved it there; have thought for many years of moving back to the Rockies, but have been concerned lately with the fires, plus now living near family means more to me than lots of other issues. YMMV.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlaRick
South Dakota if you can tolerate the winters. Reminds me of the America of my youth.

Don't be saying that too loud now, we're almost full!
laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Visited a friend in Mitchell, SD recently and when I drove into town there was a billboard with the message that there are hundreds of unfilled jobs in Mitchell and new residents are needed.

I'm better when I move.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Jefferson.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon because as of tomorrow you can smoke dope legal, just kick back and forget about it all. laugh

What, me worry?

Laffin...

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This isn't a bad question. I am retiring from the military next year and have the whole country to look at.

Though to keep my blood pressure from boiling over, I have decided to make my world much smaller. My country will be what I can immediately see around me.

20 years of service in uniform with seven deployments, voting, and playing by the rules didn't get me the country I was hoping for.

Not giving up, but realizing that I should pay more attention to my immediate community will better serve me in trying to do well for others and my family.

I do know that where I do end up wont have any Section 8 units for miles around. Many, many miles.

The cultural rot with the breakdown of the family, lack of respect for the Constitution, dole suckers.... and the powerful, well entrenched liberal institutions applauding and using its existence to gain more power makes we think that this ship wont get right anytime soon.

Sad, but there are areas that still are holding it together. Just not enough to make that thinking a plurality of the country.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Oregon because as of tomorrow you can smoke dope legal, just kick back and forget about it all. laugh

What, me worry?

Laffin...

Yeah, there's that. That's been a game changer in my part of the state. I daily see the scum hippies hitch-hiking to the growing fields along our roadways. Visual 8-9' fences mandatory, and they give the location of grows away. The element that smokes pot I have no use for, but we're being overrun, even more than normal. This is one social experiment that is going to go very poorly for society.

LOL
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Move to Mexico. Learn to speak Spanish. Find a nice little village that's America circa 1950. Live good on your retirement pay.

Escape the empire.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/ExpatGuide.shtml

For what it’s worth, the country seems to appeal powerfully to those who want to be left the hell alone. The United States tries to control your every move, thought, and minute. Here in Mexico, unless you break a major law or do something awesomely stupid, the government isn’t much interested in you. This lack of interest is perhaps government’s greatest virtue.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Belize.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
What would you consider the best State for a REAL American to live in???

I'd at least start with a state that you're not paying silly property taxes in.

That aside, I would most certainly start with a state where you are not paying income tax to help the likes of Cuomo and Brown further their anti-Constitution agenda.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Move to Mexico. Learn to speak Spanish. Find a nice little village that's America circa 1950. Live good on your retirement pay.

Escape the empire.

There is something to be said for living simply in a less afluent country.

I've been debating geting a sailboat and being a gypsy of the sea. Going mobile on a global scale. At times there is something to be said for not having a country.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the U.S.A. is in a damn steep nosedive. I don't have enough time left on earth to make it worth the trouble, but if I thought I had 25 years or more left, I'd get the fug out of this place.

If you're a conservative Caucasian, the U.S.A is going to be a damn hostile place to be pretty soon.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Guess we can rule out Oklahoma. Why do so many hate God and this country? I've been reading ALOT of the comments to articles such as the one below and ones dealing with the flag issue,racism,and such. All I can say is most dont think much of their future generations.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ok...ndments-monument/ar-AAcmr4C?ocid=U305DHP

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Farmington, New Mexico

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.