Print Thread
Hop To
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
My daughter took me to see this movie today as a gift.

I can see why it's raked in hundreds of millions of dollars. One expensive movie to make, for sure, but filled with cgi effects that can almost make you believe the critters are real. I was a little surprised at the Marlin Guide Gun, but, hey, maybe the animals are susceptible to 45-70. And, it does look good!

I think the movie is worth a viewing.

It's surely going to be available for decades, just like the original.

Retired cat herder.

GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Great movie took my two boys to see it. I enjoyed seeing the Marlin 45-70 in action you hardly ever see leverguns unless in a western.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Enjoyed it myself, but..

One major gripe for me was the motorcycle chase scene, thought it was stupid.

Life is just one damned thing after another
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Wife and I went to see this movie in 3D and had a great time. I was just telling her today that I always have wanted to have a Triumph Bonneville to play around with.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The see-thru rings were a nice touch. grin as well as the multiple shots with no working the action.

But beyond the nitpicking it was thoroughly enjoyable. The redhead was a fox.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife drug me to it a week ago and it was pretty much what I expected, which was a direct assault on my intelligence. They make a hybrid dinosaur that is part T-rex, part velociraptor, part chameleon, part tree frog (no schit, that's in the movie)that can change color, shake infrared detection and out-think humans and can talk in dinosaur language to velociraptors... etc. So stupid.

Best part (aside from watching the redhead) was when the other hot chick got ate by the big alligator lookin' dinosaur that lived in the ocean. I very much wanted that to happen.

The redhead was a fox.

Have to agree. Ron Howard's daughter laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntinaz
part tree frog (no schit, that's in the movie)

ahhhhhh thats been in there since Michael Crichton wrote the book all these are based on and is a major part of things in the first movie.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did read Jurassic Park when I was like 13 years old but all I remember is that the movie (orginal Jurassic Park) sucked compared to it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
think thats about the time i read it the first time too grin a bit different story than the movie.....but yeah replacing lost/damaged pieces of DNA with things like frogs and lizards was a part of it, was why the all genetically female animals started breeding, some frogs can chance sex in highly stressed environments as can a number of fish species and such....while the book was a better story i love the movie....for me two seperate things

while i liked the movie take out the color changing ect and the actual animal is quite similar to a couple known species like Allosaurus(though the movie animal woulda been a fair bit bigger), Carcharodontosaurus, and even more like Giganotosaurus without messing with the size much at all.....

Last edited by rattler; 07/27/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but im not interested in dinos at all whistle
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rattler
think thats about the time i read it the first time too grin a bit different story than the movie.....but yeah replacing lost/damaged pieces of DNA with things like frogs and lizards was a part of it, was why the all genetically female animals started breeding, some frogs can chance sex in highly stressed environments as can a number of fish species and such....while the book was a better story i love the movie....for me two seperate things

while i liked the movie take out the color changing ect and the actual animal is quite similar to a couple known species like Allosaurus(though the movie animal woulda been a fair bit bigger), Carcharodontosaurus, and even more like Giganotosaurus without messing with the size much at all.....

Oooh yeah, I remember that now. That does make it much less offensive. It's possible that I was not in the right frame of mind to watch a science fiction flick;) I did like the new one better than the original and any of the previous sequels (definitely didn't watch them all).

Originally Posted by rattler
but im not interested in dinos at all whistle
[Linked Image]

Totally believe you

Last edited by huntinaz; 07/27/15.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 28 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.