Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I am still trying to figure out why you need to go UP to a 6mm bullet. Maybe when I run out of .224 and .228 bullets.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Mornin' B,

[Linked Image]

greetings from Texas and the Petting Zoo.

Long time.......

Always nice to hear your words of wit, wisdom and encourgement.

No deer in the front yard today,

but recently,

[Linked Image]

have had road runners coming out of the wood-work

[Linked Image].

Oh yeah, jest fer schitz n' giggles.

Just as not ever-body tosses rifles into streams and pond, not ever-body squirts 200 grainers at 3,400 fps. (hint)

[Linked Image]

Seems impact velocities @ 2,800 fps and below don't tend to tear up as much meat.

But what the hey, I guess if your shootin' paper at a fur' piece, velocity is yo' friend. Quien Sabe as the Messicans say.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nice meat for the Independence day party!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[quote=ltppowell]Other than you are a one gun man with a bigger caliber, why would you ever feel the need to use anything bigger than a .243 Win for whitetail?

[/quote

Northern white tail might be a bit bigger than your Texas bucks I have seen bucks as big as a spike elk. And as much as I hate to say smoke pole is right, it's because I can. Lmfao
Happy Independence Day gentleman.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sako
because the .243 is as queer as the .270

laugh laugh laugh

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Theres gay.....and then theres .270 gay....

The .243 is skookum in comparison......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
Theres gay.....and then theres .270 gay....

The .243 is skookum in comparison......

Shameful! To blaspheme what could be the most 'Merican cartridge on 'Merica's B-day!

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Theres gay.....and then theres .270 gay.....

hummm, ya think he doeth protest too much ??

smirk
smirk

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
g,

Only a fhuqking Texan is stupid enough to crawl way up the relative case capacity ladder,only to yank plug wires loose from same and get giddy about cramming schitty bullets into it,so as to "bolster" terminal Affects and "add" Tablefare. VERY much enjoyed the notion,that you deem such incredible Dumbfhuqkery as a well "thought" plan! Your Imagination and it's Pretend are working in double overtime. Congratulations?!?

The NBT can't begin to hang with a Skinner or any X in either facet. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

A rifle that won't take a lick,is as useless as schit bullets and you've the corner on both avenues. Re-Congratulations?!? I'll feign my "surprise" that you didn't wax eloquent on Textucky Windage and the sweet "satisfactions" of being slathered in that Dumbfhuqkery too. Mebbe next time?!? Laughing!

Fairly impressive,that you botched all camera settings too,up to and including focus. You're on fire! Laughing!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooooo fhuqking hard...because we all KNOW you are doing your "best". You are always gonna do better,by simply shutting the fhuqk up,taking notes and applying same,as it will reliably help your game. Thank me later. Hint.

Boolits don't come in a large enough diameter to fend Stupidity and the gent with a .224" clue...will reliably trump a Texan with a Boomer. Hint.

Fhuqking WOW +P+.......................

'nut,

This is American.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

You make a good point,in that Texans shouldn't be in such a hurry to field more rifle than they can handle,even with pulled plug wires and a fhuqking loudener installed,to make sure that schit bullets don't go where they's intended. Purty easy to launch boolits of repute and have finite control of POI/POA intersections,as opposed to whirling Ping Pong Ball Flinches and Textucky Windage,as CNS Insertion Medicine wellllll beyond a zero range of a grossly compromised platform and it's addled operator.

Though in fairness,SAAMI 7-08 fueled 162A-Max at 2700fps in a 22" spout,really do shoot themselves and it IS cheatin'.

Legendary insight.

Laughing!..................

'wall,

Cheer up...270 Virgin's make great false shoulders for 6-06 Maiden Voyages.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
B,

once again,

[Linked Image]

greetings from the Lone Star State.

I'm touched that you would use your one post today to offer those words of encouragement.

BTW

Speaking of wood,

I've added some new timber since you and I last had the opportunity to have tête-e-tête.

I won't bother dragging them all out, but here are a few you may have missed during your absence.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_7517_zps49daee53.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...-bf98-66822ca16d4b_zps0eeb0e58.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Blades/IMG_0035.1_zpslxjchjpd.jpg[/img]

and just got in this Sako Bavarian in 6.5 x 55.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Rifles/KC9A0604.1_zpshdv63aak.jpg[/img]

Ain't even made time to mount a scope. Think I should use WAM's ????

JAPPFT,

GWB

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'nut,

This is American.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

That's sho-nuff a patriotic handle, BS.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
243 with 80 gr. TTSX works fine on pigs and deer in my experience.

On pigs I prefer placement at the base of the ear. But for consideration, here is a heart and lung remnant after a shot by my young nephew with the 80 grain TTSX, with a through and through wound. It took a few steps and tipped over. He and his brothers did the paint job on the stock.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
GeeDubya,

You ought not be murderin' them turkeys with a rifle. Give 'em a sporting chance and use a shotgun.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G-Dub murdered that turkey with REAL class! Don't fault him! IMO one of the finest rifles ever built! Bofors!

Loved a 243 so much I finally settled on a 22" 6mm Rem. I'm another that loves the 300 Savage in a Mdl 7 action, and since most of my shooting is done under 100, I do love a bolt 35 Rem!

243 is perfect for TX!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
g',

You'd do well for the FIRST time in your "life",to simply procure a sound rifle of repute,that is twisted,throated and chambered to task...then learn how to use same. You've obliviously reiterated the long known FACT,that proficiency cannot be purchased.

Good time to read that again.

Boomerism is very reliably a crutch,espoused by the Clueless,as factored by their Cluelessness. It's the rarest of breeds,that can handle a Boomer and work Magic with same and I just so happen to be the best I've ever seen. The sole reason I'm great with 'em,is because back in The Day LRF's didn't exist and that coincidence 'finders sucked ass...is no fhuqking coincidence. So the best(only) way to hedge a bet,was to add horsepressure and dat's firmly Boomer Territory. Bullets weren't nearly as good either and them constants often collided,as I've splashed more than a few on Critters. So I reckon bullets have made a far greater fhuqk to me,for a farrrrrr greater period of time,than most anyone else. I wore out the rifles,spouts and spilled the blood requisite to garner the skillset.

I get it,that you are like a Raccoon,in that anything that's shiny...is good enough for your Lady Fingers to grasp. Aesthetics have less than ZERO fhuqking bearing upon mechanics and them polar opposites,do reliably arrange hilarity! Fretting a shiny piece of fhuqking schit,DEFINES hilarity. Bless your heart.

Bullets matter farrrrrrrrr more than headstamps and you'll never shoot enough,to have an inkling to the magnitude of that fact. Nor will you ever savvy the relationship of POA/POI and how amazingly easy it is to have finite control over. I get a kick outta you Slob Hunters,as you barely fhuqking get by inside the fence,offa the Padded Perch,beneath the fhuqking Food Sprinkler. What a fhuqking riot!

Dealing Clean Death,is the easiest facet of ANY Heartbeat Stoppage,to have total control over. That control is only granted by melding of the Terminal Trifecta(1: Placement,2: Projectile Selection,3: Headstamp)and you've routinely field sooooooooo fhuqking many disconnects,that you are a never ending Train Wreck of how NOT to do schit. Bless your heart.

You are farrrrrrrrrrr better off,as are the Victims...by wielding a 223 you could reliably operate at 80% of it's inherent potential,than a Boomer at 20% of same. Read that again,now one more time slooooowwwwwwlllllly. Hint.

BEST part is,you've zero gawddamned fhuqking inkling,how amazingly fhuqking stupid you are!

Good talk.

Laughing!................

'bird,

A guy makes his own "luck" and a sound 243Win with good bullets,is a fhuqking Luck FACTORY...............(grin)

'Mc,

Talk a leetle more about the 22" 6mm. Action? COAL? Twist? Throat? Bullets? Speeds? Precision?

Sevens share 600/722/700 mag confines and I hear good thangs about 155 Skinners launched ala 308 in same. Mainly due their blend of BC/Terminal Affects,to the Precision Quotient and modest relative recoil in an OEM box.

Great bullets aren't at a "disadvantage" anywhere.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
B’
Your remarks about deliverin’ clean death got me to thinking, other than a couple o’ bucks from 8 to 10 years back and rifles layin’ in a pond next to some dead fish, I don’t recall seeing much death being delivered other than that with which you administer to American English.

[Linked Image]

And, what the hey, I’ll be the first to admit I like bright shiny toys!!!
Especially when they are purchased at good value

And shoot like this

[Linked Image]
3 @ 100 yds.

[Linked Image]
3200 yds.

How bout a 6.5 Leopard,(6.5-300 WSM) smithed by Bo Clerke of Raton New Mexico. Winchester CRF blueprinted action, Broughton 8 twist barrel, Bansner Stock.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Does as well on flesh as it does on paper

100 yds.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/group%20pix/IMG_0210_zpsa0bc9268.jpg[/img]

200 yds.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/group%20pix/IMG_0202_zps698067da.jpg[/img]

oh yeah,

may have time for one more shiny toy!

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_13261_zpse4ac1bb2.jpg[/img]

Remington 700 Custom KS, re-barreled and chambered for the 300 H&H, and accurized at Hill Country Rife, purchased pre-enjoyed of course, rattle-can paint job added by me at no charge.

this one shoots pretty fair also with 180 gr. TSX's........

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...-a5ec-5a526c725698_zpsb646d4b9.jpg[/img]

Anywho, ain't heard nary' a word of complainin' from the porkers I perforate.

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: Oh, yeah, speaking of 7mm-08s, well, out of room here, but remind me to show ya' some of my 7mm-08's at the next opportunity. They will give ya' a woody.

PPS: Like they say at Waffle House........ See ya' tomorrow! LOL

Last edited by geedubya; 07/05/15.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm a big fan of the 7mm-08, I wouldn't mind seeing some.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
B,

once again,

[Linked Image]

greetings from the Lone Star State.

I'm touched that you would use your one post today to offer those words of encouragement.

BTW

Speaking of wood,

I've added some new timber since you and I last had the opportunity to have tête-e-tête.

I won't bother dragging them all out, but here are a few you may have missed during your absence.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_7517_zps49daee53.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...-bf98-66822ca16d4b_zps0eeb0e58.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Blades/IMG_0035.1_zpslxjchjpd.jpg[/img]

and just got in this Sako Bavarian in 6.5 x 55.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Rifles/KC9A0604.1_zpshdv63aak.jpg[/img]

Ain't even made time to mount a scope. Think I should use WAM's ????

JAPPFT,

GWB

I like the looks of the pocket pouch. I do see a problem in your photos. Being a 4.5 back pocket not crammed in one.
Speaking of shinny the hamon in nothing but first class

Last edited by rickmenefee; 07/05/15.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stick,

Have you run the 150 ScenarL through its paces in the 7-08? Just bought a passel and thought they'd be a good one...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
geedubya: don't let them give you schitt about the turkey/rifle thing. My God I thought it was more sporting to fling a single projectile at their tennis ball heads than a swarm of shot!
Hitting one on the noggin with a rifle isn't rocket surgery....

Shooting one in the face with a shotgun hardly seems fair at all...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.