Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
ARIC

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Couldn't stand it , ordered one . My first Geissele AR trigger

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
will not be your last....

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I have mostly Timney and McCormick AR Triggers on my AR'S

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prepare to replace all your others.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have a SSA-E and a SD-E and no regrets. Now wanting to scrounge funds for the adjustable Designated Marksman or whatever it is for a special project. Durn thing costs as much as some would only pay for an upper without a BCG.lol

Nice triggers, don't think I have read a bad thing about the triggers or the company?? Which says a lot with the way internet forums/conversations circulate true and untrue information!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have them in all my ARs, money well spent imo. I have shot most triggers out there for the AR and they are better than anything I have pulled..

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I 'm sure i will like this trigger, but love the McCormick for hunting.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
My LEO son just had to qualify with his Bushmaster AR-15 that I had installed a Geissele SSA trigger in. Somewhere just over 300 rounds into the day the trigger would not return to battery. Upon inspection my son found that the coil spring that resets the trigger was in a "bind" and would not allow the sear to catch the hammer.

I put the Bushmaster trigger back into the rifle since he had qualified with it for years without any trouble.

Right now I think a Geissele is fine for target shoots or a day in the varmint field but I would not have my life depend on one. Now I know many thousands of these triggers are in service and work fine, and mine is a rarity, but once you have lost confidence in something it is hard to return.

I will be sending it back to Geissele for their inspection and comment.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Geissele is having a 15% off sale today and tomorrow with free shipping.

http://geissele.com/triggers.html

Not a bad deal if there was something besides the SSA-E you were interested in.

IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I just payed 192.00 for my SSA-E 2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a great deal. I only mentioned the Geissele sale if there a different model somebody was interested in. All models are on sale on his website.

EDIT: I didn't realize all the Geissele models were on sale at P/A!.

Last edited by TC1; 07/04/15.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I
Originally Posted by VaHunter
My LEO son just had to qualify with his Bushmaster AR-15 that I had installed a Geissele SSA trigger in. Somewhere just over 300 rounds into the day the trigger would not return to battery. Upon inspection my son found that the coil spring that resets the trigger was in a "bind" and would not allow the sear to catch the hammer.

I put the Bushmaster trigger back into the rifle since he had qualified with it for years without any trouble.

Right now I think a Geissele is fine for target shoots or a day in the varmint field but I would not have my life depend on one. Now I know many thousands of these triggers are in service and work fine, and mine is a rarity, but once you have lost confidence in something it is hard to return.

If you had a "spring binding", it was installed incorrectly. Geissele Combat Triggers are the most reliable triggers made. They are the only ones more reliable than GI Spec triggers.

Putting free float rails and Geissele SSF and SSF-E triggers in all USSOCOM M16 family of weapons is one of the best things to happen to US combat guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
check out the RRA VARMINT trigger. way less money. make sure you don't get the NM but the varmint model instead. bought 2 on special a couple weeks ago $62 each from RRA. can't beat that anywhere. normally you can buy them for less than 90

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Formidilosus,

Negative, the trigger was installed correctly. That trigger has had maybe 1500 rounds through it over the last three years just in the LEO drills and my son shooting it for practice.

When I got the rifle from him it was working perfectly. He said he cleaned it and noticed the disconnect spring appeared to be setting crooked in the disconnect. After he cleaned it it worked perfectly, I shot it myself for 100 rounds. The disconnect spring is installed correctly, with the large end down.

My guess is that a piece of primer or other debris got under the disconnector or the trigger itself.

The trigger is most likely fine, but I cannot trust it at this time. I am sending it back to Geissele and have them look it over and test it for function.

I know the Bushmaster trigger works.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
the RR varmint is definitely the best trigger out there for the dollar.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I
Originally Posted by VaHunter

If you had a "spring binding", it was installed incorrectly. Geissele Combat Triggers are the most reliable triggers made. They are the only ones more reliable than GI Spec triggers.

Putting free float rails and Geissele SSF and SSF-E triggers in all USSOCOM M16 family of weapons is one of the best things to happen to US combat guns.

This. Installation error does not a bad trigger make.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
VaHunter,

A primer lodging itself in the trigger can and will mess them all up. If you'd like I'd be willing to install it in a work gun and put a few thousand (10k) rounds through it and send it back....?

Probably the first time I history that someone chooses Bushmaster anything over Geissele.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love my SSA-E, best trigger I have ever pulled on an AR!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 73 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.