Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Of course the best place to store a Ruger American...

[Linked Image]

I like your budget gun safe. I guess a burglar wouldn't look in there, unless it's a homeless burglar.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
GB1

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My RAR Compact 22lr is due in today.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
22lr compact threaded.. Added a Ruger pad due to the slick plastic butt. Shoots CCI standard velocity .3" at 50 yards ..... One of my favorite 22lr grin

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Of course the best place to store a Ruger American...

[Linked Image]

Sage advice! That is where junk belongs.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Tide, the swfa 16 is staying on the .22LR but I have two Nikon 3x9's that will go on the Mag ad the HMR..

I'll be running a gloss Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle in talley lightweights on my 22 mag. I'm hoping everything fits like it was made for it.. We'll see tomorrow..
Sounds like that will work just fine...Post it up when you get it all slapped together!

Alright, you asked for it. I'll post at different angles to see what you guys think of the talley lightweights on this little guy. I really like how well the rifle is balanced with the 3-9x40. I'll be testing out some ammo this weekend!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't really like how close the front ring is to the turrets, probably where the EGW 1 piece shines. I think it's huntable though... We'll se how she does this weekend. Thanks for posting your pictures guys...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just got in 100 of the 8336. This is our second batch. They move out the door pretty fast.

FYI -- Ruger Day's starts here tomorrow. $25 off every new Ruger firearm in the store.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Seems they've changed the stocks from grey to black. At least my 8303 is black. No big deal at all of course.

That's looks good. I do like those Talley lightweights.

Alright, you asked for it. I'll post at different angles to see what you guys think of the talley lightweights on this little guy. I really like how well the rifle is balanced with the 3-9x40. I'll be testing out some ammo this weekend!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't really like how close the front ring is to the turrets, probably where the EGW 1 piece shines. I think it's huntable though... We'll se how she does this weekend. Thanks for posting your pictures guys...[/quote]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks EZEARL. I'm very happy with the rifle. Now I have my fingers crossed for a good shooter. I have 5 different types of ammo to try out in this one, so we'll see how it does. I'm really hoping it likes the 50gr. Federal JHP's, as that's what we use on yotes around here. However, it seems like the Hornady 30gr. poly tips are the only thing we can find lately...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have one of the first ones here. It was black. And still hasn't turned gray.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What Talley's did you get....lows or mediums?
Looks great.....just like my scope welded to the barrel if possible grin

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Mitch. I like my scopes welded to the barrel as well. I don't think I could have gone too much closer with this 3-9x40. They are lows...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
17HMR....

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
16 bore, I really like the way that looks. I don't care what Shrapnel says... laugh

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never swear you won't buy one. Bolt sounds like a fat girl in corduroy pants, but should be just as fun....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
laugh

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I haven't looked yet but I doubt Talley offers extra lows since they may only be for a limited number of rifle offerings. I like mine within a sheet of copy paper above the barrel myself.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Here's what I ordered:

RAR Talley lightweights

I believe, they only make the lows, mediums, and highs.. If they made an extended front, I'd probably be looking at those too..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I bought an American .22 Magnum a week or so ago, and over the next few days put 10 different kinds of ammo through it. The BIGGEST 5-shot group at 50 yards was around an inch, in less than ideal conditions, and the rest averaged around .6 to .7 inch. And like many rimfire rifles after 100 rounds to so it started shooting even better.

I've owned a bunch of .22 Magnums before this "cheap" rifle but never one that shot as many loads so well.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I bought an American .22 Magnum a week or so ago, and over the next few days put 10 different kinds of ammo through it. The BIGGEST 5-shot group at 50 yards was around an inch, in less than ideal conditions, and the rest averaged around .6 to .7 inch. And like many rimfire rifles after 100 rounds to so it started shooting even better.

I've owned a bunch of .22 Magnums before this "cheap" rifle but never one that shot as many loads so well.

I'm glad you finally commented on how your rifle shoots. I think you bought your rifle the same day I bought mine. I have high hopes for mine, but still have fingers crossed...

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I commented briefly after the first range session in another thread, but the second range session made me a real believer. Hope your rifle shoots as well, and am looking forward to hearing your results.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (11point, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.