Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
17HMR....

[Linked Image]

Where did you find that rifle in 17hmr? I have the same rifle in 22mag and looked all over for a 17hmr but was told it wasn't made, so I ended up buying the standard with threaded barrel.

BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
jhopkins, SAS (shortactionsmoker) posted earlier and said they just got 100 in. If you want a 17, you may want to PM him..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I have one of the first ones here. It was black. And still hasn't turned gray.

So pics turn them gray. Never seen an RAR up close and personal.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
jhopkins, SAS (shortactionsmoker) posted earlier and said they just got 100 in. If you want a 17, you may want to PM him..

Thanks for the info. I even called Ruger to find out if they made the Predator in 17HMR and they told me it was only made in 22LR & 22WMR.

2 1/2 weeks ago I ordered the 8312 so I will probably just keep it. It took me over a week to find the 8312 in stock. I haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet, but if I could get my money back I would probably sell it and even throw in the DIP base and pick up the 8336.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The 17 predator is a brand new item. Was not even on the website when I looked. At least 3 of the major online vendors have the Predator 17 available right now and will ship to your FFL.

The predator is still considered a distributor special. If you want one, maybe try and get one asap. Unless something unusual happens, once the 2nd batch is sold out or next year, probably not going to be available. Then again, next year maybe something even better smile you never know.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by fourbore
The 17 predator is a brand new item. Was not even on the website when I looked. At least 3 of the major online vendors have the Predator 17 available right now and will ship to your FFL.

The predator is still considered a distributor special. If you want one, maybe try and get one asap. Unless something unusual happens, once the 2nd batch is sold out or next year, probably not going to be available. Then again, next year maybe something even better smile you never know.

I got it ordered today and should have it mid week thanks to the help of you guys. Thanks to those involved.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ordered my 17 HMR Predator today.
The 22 LR shoots 10 shot 50yd groups you can cover with a dime. I ordered a Boyds walnut stock for it so all the foreign rifle guys wouldn't have such bad buyers remorse.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ordered my 17 HMR Predator today.
The 22 LR shoots 10 shot 50yd groups you can cover with a dime. I ordered a Boyds walnut stock for it so all the foreign rifle guys wouldn't have such bad buyers remorse.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Please post a pic of the rifle with the boyds walnut stock. I may just have to do that with my new rifle too...Even though the synthetic stock is kind of growing on me... laugh

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I wish they would make a predator in the 17wsm

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wish in one hand, and schit in the other.... see which one fills up first.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by msuhunter
I wish they would make a predator in the 17wsm

I had the same thought. The 17 HMR does not turn me on. Then another internet guru pointed out the WSM was too long. So; I dont know. It would be nice, if it could get fit in somehow.

The flip side would be if Ruger would at least put the American trigger in the M77/17. That seems a no brain er to me. Who wants a gun costing 3x with a poor trigger? I dont know if that would be enough to sell me on any M77, but it would be one less excuse.

Another nice thing to fill one hand while the other, ... you know... would be a 22 WSM!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
WSM anything is overrated... Hint.. wink

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fourbore

The flip side would be if Ruger would at least put the American trigger in the M77/17. That seems a no brain er to me. Who wants a gun costing 3x with a poor trigger? I dont know if that would be enough to sell me on any M77, but it would be one less excuse.

The real excuse, for not getting a 77/17, is being totally unable to 'work over' one of the easiest triggers to 'work over'...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I'm glad everyone's happy minus Deflave and Shrapnel...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I commented briefly after the first range session in another thread, but the second range session made me a real believer. Hope your rifle shoots as well, and am looking forward to hearing your results.

Thanks John. I went shooting the RAR today. Not a bad day as far as weather and wind and I loved the RAR. Not the most accurate 22 mag in the stable, but it is very consistent shooting. I can see it shooting better on a better day, but these are the results for the day:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]

I had golf ball shoot (next Saturday) in my head today grin. This American seems like it wants to be fired quckly, the trigger is superb, and it feels real good in the bags. It cycles excellent, even though someone said it was like running your fingernails over a fat girls corduroy pants... I like it grin. Here is a 15 shot group (right hand side). I kept track of where the first 10 went and they were pretty good for a quick cycle and shoot session:
[Linked Image]

I might just buy another one of these rifles.... laugh cool

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are those 100 yard groups?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BSA,

The 10-shot and rapid 15-shot groups look great.

Did you try pulling the trigger spring? If you pull the trigger spring, the blade spring should be enough to reset the trigger. If you pull the blade in addition to the trigger spring, then you may need a really wimpy trigger spring for reset (just enough to push the trigger forward).

I pulled the trigger spring on a 22lr RAR and its really, really nice even with the blade. This was my bud's rifle and he wanted to keep the blade.

I can send you some of that weak spring if you need it. Or you might find a spring in a ballpoint pen that would work. ACE Hardware should have some as well.

Jason

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Earlier I took the action out of the stock to check things out and wipe off the oil. I removed the trigger spring just to see what the pull was like. Definitely lightened it up. I like it. But since I haven't shot the rifle yet for now I put the spring back in and set it at minimum tension.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
257 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,718 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.