Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm using a RCBS roll pad to lube exterior, and lubing the inside of the necks individually, too time consuming.

Who's replaced the expander ball with carbide?

Could do a spray otherwise I guess....

Go.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have used one for my 22 dies since they were available (all Redding) as I can use the same one in all of them (Hornet through Swift). Muddy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use powdered mica on the necks, inside and out. There is a little kit from Frankford Arsenal that gives you a set of brushes, and a reservoir for dipping the cases.

[Linked Image]

You pour a couple tablespoons of mica in the reservoir and dip the necks in and then run the brush through the inside. There is enough dry mica left to lubricate the expander going through, but not enough to matter otherwise.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I lube the inside of case necks I do so one of two ways...

1. Pull the spindle out and give it a shot of Amzoil Synthetic Spray Lube....since each case neck has to pass thru the same spot, its easier to lube that...

2. put a bore brush on a pistol rod, and spray that with the Amzoil Spray Lube and run it thru each case neck... pretty simple, plus cleans any residual gunk in there out at the same time...

other lube works great I am sure, but I use the Amzoil, strictly because a friend is a dealer and I do some loading for him, and his 17 Fireball, so he just gives me a can or two when I need it...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Buy a redding body die and a lee collet neck sizer.Never have to worry about lubing necks again.

IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What I've been doing, is pour a drop of RCBS lube on the brush that's used to clean inside the necks. it works, but again time consuming doing each individual neck.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Same here. Works great.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SawDoctor
Buy a redding body die and a lee collet neck sizer.Never have to worry about lubing necks again.

+1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I use a baby food jar filled with #8 shot and put a tablespoon of graphite in it. Shake it up. Dip case mouths in it and size.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One shot case lube.

Tried it after reading about it here, won't go back to imperial and graphite again.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Imperial for me as well.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 what shaman said!

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I'm using a RCBS roll pad to lube exterior, and lubing the inside of the necks individually, too time consuming.

After you roll them on the pad put the mouth of the case to the pad and proceed.

I went through this many years ago and read about somebody doing this. Enough lube stays on the inside edge of the mouth to cure all your problems with a dry neck.

I now mostly use Redding bushing dies but for a few cartridges I still use the above tried and true method.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SawDoctor

This but I feel the inside of the necks should be clean as well so I use a caliber specific brass/bronze brush in a variable speed drill to remove residue before seating. An alternative is using a Qtip with a small amount of Imperial wax too lightly apply to the inside neck surface after cleaning the inside of the necks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bob338

After you roll them on the pad put the mouth of the case to the pad and proceed.

Enough lube stays on the inside edge of the mouth to cure all your problems with a dry neck.

My method also. When adding lube to the pad, I usually put a small dab in one corner of the pad and 'dip' the case mouth there. I find about every other case is often enough. I tumble after resizing so the lube gets removed that way.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy spray lube.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I use a baby food jar filled with #8 shot and put a tablespoon of graphite in it. Shake it up. Dip case mouths in it and size.

NECO makes a very similar kit you can buy with steel beads and moly, works great if you're just neck-sizing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob338

I went through this many years ago and read about somebody doing this. Enough lube stays on the inside edge of the mouth to cure all your problems with a dry neck.

I now mostly use Redding bushing dies but for a few cartridges I still use the above tried and true method.

I'll be trying that.

Kinda surprised here, thought more had gone to the carbide system.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got carbide sizer buttons for .30-06, .308, and .223.

I use Imperial on the outside of the case, below the shoulder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.