Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

Do you seriously not recognize me?

That's some seriously funny chit right there.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Nah, he mentioned one time he's a Sagittarius...

this was a good one too...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

Not unless you're holding hands with John Travolta.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

I'll ask again, wise ass. Are you a cop, or le?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

If you hit the brakes, do they really fly right by.?

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It's a free country right ? That is why we have to putup with the queer world freak show right ? Aprivate busniess owner should be free to do busniess with who they choose . and tell the goverment to [bleep] off

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll ask again, wise ass.

Do I look like a cop to you?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You sound like a cop, and act like one. Are you a leo?

Last edited by SCOOTERBUM; 07/04/15.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Great photo Blue, that's before sellfies. Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I already answered that.

Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So the queers have more rights than the straight business owners.

The queer colors displayed on the W.H. in their rainbow fashion reminds me of the first time the rainbow was displayed. By God, but it was not to promote homosexual behavior.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

Yes.

Until I shoot them with my jet rockets. Then they fall. Then I fly back to base and play some beach volleyball in blue jeans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

Originally Posted By Ringman
GeoW,

Quote:
So we re-translate the Word to fit our pleasure?

You can't be serious! The guys who translated the Bible in 1611 used the best manuscripts available and the best language of the day. Today, if we want the best information for the readers, we use the best manuscripts available and the best language of our day to communicate to the readers. The Bible is not re-translated over and over. Each group gets the best manuscripts they can to keep their version as close to the original language as possible.

The idea of using a 1611 Book and using 1611 dictionaries and commentaries for us to use a Book meant for the masses is ridiculous.

I was thirty years old when I became a Christian. I did the above and worked hard at studies. Then I discovered the New American Standard Bible and later the New King James Bible. I was delighted at the ease with which I could study God's Word.

Oh but I am serious. What you said was if one has problems with the KJV just shop around and find a version that suits you. There are versions for everyone, I guess.

How many meanings can you find for this? Do your versions make it easier for you to understand?

Deuteronomy 5:7(KJV)
7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

You kinda shoot from the hip with your Christianity, don't you?

Are you saying to be a serious Christian one has to use the King James Version Bible? How 'bout the Chinese or Brazilians? What do they use? One does not need to shop around to find a Bible that says what he wants if he is a serious Christian. He goes to the book store and gets a modern translation and reads and applies it to his daily life. That is something I doubt very seriously you do. I base that on the number of folks over the last forty-one years who go on the attack instead of rejoice with me because I am reading and trying to apply God's Word to my life everyday.

You are being silly. To handle accurately the Word of God one needs to understand what he is reading. Using the most up to date language from a translation of the most reliable manuscripts allows us that privilege. They make reading and understanding God's Word much easier!

The idea I shoot from the hip with my Christianity is an accusation I have not heard before. You are clever but also are foolish not to recognize the value of a serious person wanting to understand and obey God's Word.

What I was saying before the storm knocked my power is that the passage that Scott quoted was an awful translation of the Word in that instance. Go back and read it.

As far as I know, the KJV is the earliest translation of the Bible and accepted by most. Anything else is just a translation of it.

I read, I understand, and if I feel I need a translation I come up with one on my own.

I grow weary of sharing my point of view concerning the Word and having to argue with some sort of saint, self made of course and in his own mind, that I am wrong. I may be, won't be the first time and surely won't be the last.

Simply say, "I disagree" and all will be well with me.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GeoW

What I was saying before the storm knocked my power is that the passage that Scott quoted was an awful translation of the Word in that instance. Go back and read it.

As far as I know, the KJV is the earliest translation of the Bible and accepted by most. Anything else is just a translation of it.

I read, I understand, and if I feel I need a translation I come up with one on my own.

It is not but the oldest is in English so old you cannot understand it. FWIW we know a lot more about Biblical Greek than was known when the translated the King James. Archaeologists have uncovered a lot that have clarified the meanings of Greek words.

However, my friend who can read and translate from his Greek Bible tells me there is really nothing in the KJV that is off enough to give someone any trouble.

There are a bunch of newer translations that are true newer translations from the Greek texts. The text I quoted was a cut and paste I grabbed and not my favourite by far. I must have at least a dozen translations but my personal favourite by far is a NAS large print pulpit Bible with no extra notes. I read it and an not distracted my the thoughts of others but rather choose to let the Holey Spirit give me a note when needed. The large print helps old eyes see there are actually words on the pages. I have read it from Index to Maps several times and am thinking it is about time to do it again.

I grow weary of sharing my point of view concerning the Word and having to argue with some sort of saint, self made of course and in his own mind, that I am wrong. I may be, won't be the first time and surely won't be the last.

Simply say, "I disagree" and all will be well with me.

I agree 100% and could not have said it better. Have a wonderful Independence Day Sir and the best to you and yours.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Yes.

Until I shoot them with my jet rockets. Then they fall. Then I fly back to base and play some beach volleyball in blue jeans.

Beach Volleyball IS the BEST volleyball...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GeoW,

You truly need to do more studying. The Germans had a Bible in their language prior to the King James Version. Therefore It can not be a translation of It. Perhaps the King James Version is a translation of the older German Bible. blush

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps I should have said translated to the English language. I do not read German.

Scott, I appreciate your understanding.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
e]

You truly need to do more studying. The Germans had a Bible in their language prior to the King James Version. Therefore It can not be a translation of It. Perhaps the King James Version is a translation of the older German Bible. blush

We are talking English not German and the KJV was from the Greek. There are many more modern translations done from the Greek. Again there is nothing really wrong with the KJV but it should not be the only true translation used in any in depth study.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A fighter pile-it.

Too funny!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

How bout lay off Bluedreaux, he has't been the same since his flippant attitude caused Goose to get killed.

John

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,541
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.