Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
My step father recently passed away. We found a good inventory of his firearms but I am stumped when it comes to Black Powder stuff. Most of his prices on the inventory were pretty close to what I found while researching them but I can't find much on these. Here is some pics and how he had them listed. If anyone can help me on pricing them I would certainly appreciate the help. I know that all of these are somewhat old because they lived in my safe from the mid 80's until the late 90's while they traveled the world doing missionary work. These will eventually be on the market once I know what they are worth.

1) New Orleans Ace, 3.5", brass/wood, 45 cal. I could find no markings on this one other than a serial number in front of the trigger which is 00078XX.
[Linked Image]

2) Kit Gun, 3" side by side, brass with faux pearl grips, 36 cal. I could also find no markings on this other than a serial number in the bottom of the grip frame which is 000182XX.
[Linked Image]

3) Armsport Patriot, 10", blue/wood, double set trigger, adjustable rear site, 45 cal. This one has Armsport Inc. Miami, FLA. Mod 5137 in the top of the barrel. On the right side of the barrel it is stamped Made in Spain #36. Ont the left side of the barrel it is stamped "Black Powder Only" then EX A68XX which I assume to be a serial number, then Cal 45. The bottom of the grip has a plate of brass with some nice engraved scroll work.

[Linked Image]

If anyone can help me out with any info and pricing help, I would appreciate it. I can also provide better and close up photos if that might help. Just PM me an e-mail to send them to.

"Tastes just like chicken"
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
#3 is the traditions trapper, most likely an earlier version with the actual makers name on it rather than traditions. They are only available in 50cal these days so that .45cal will be much harder to find.

Check out gunbroker for value ideas. I think $150 for it would be pretty decent for a guy looking for a nice condition 45cal pistol.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
#1 and #2 are US made Classic Arms kit pistols. First one as you said, is a New Orleans Ace. Second one is called a Snake Eyes. Both are still available. http://www.possibleshop.com/pistol-classic-arms-kits.html Probably worth in the neighborhood of $75 & $100 respectively.
#3 was imported, not made, by Armsport. They were importers in the '70s of inexpensive foreign made sporting goods, optics & muzzleloaders, who have since gone out of business. Hard to say who made it, maybe Jukar, Ardesa, Dikar. Typical of the Spanish imports, it's a knock off of a popular US design, in this case the Thompson/Center Patriot. Quality can vary, some of the earlier ones were poorly made, none were what you'd call first rate. bigblock said $150, so go with that.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thank You guys. This is exactly the type of stuff I was looking for. His inventory had them valued at $100 on the first 2 and $350 on the last one. Is there anything I might have missed that would make this last one worth another $100???

"Tastes just like chicken"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A genuine TC Patriot wold be worth at least $350, but a Spanish knockoff much less. That one looks like a wall-hanger to me and the others are simply curios with no practical value as shooters or collectables. If your father-in-law assembled them from kits, their greatest value would seem to be as keepsakes.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
728 members (007FJ, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.