Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yep even esteemed and venerated expert Massad ADoobie states that the Glock should not be concealed carry without a manual safety.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The people establishing the specs are badly misguided.

However, I would like to see a Glock with a manual safety.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I don't really get the "modular" aspect as being a neccessity

As i've always said with cops. If you can't qualify/ handle the issued gun then the problem is you, not the gun-go find another job

I've been a police firearms instructor for 24 years.

No gun is a good fit for everybody. Good outfits issue a gun and have an 'approved list' of reliable, reputable alternatives for those that the issue sidearm simply doesn't fit. They still have to qualify with it.

Most people can qualify if they will apply the basics of marksmanship, accept constructive criticism and accept the fact that some undertakings involve a little effort and discomfort. Some are unwilling and a tiny percentage are incapable. I cull those PDQ.

I have said for decades that if puppy soldiers and policemen can't break it, it can't be broke.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Seems like a lot of Glocks out there in police land.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
If i was in charge it would be a easy decision to make, the Glock 17 with only one change, the pistols would be required to have steel sights.

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Glock wanted to be the main PD gun in the US and priced their agency guns accordingly. They're reliable and durable enough but many find their ergonomics lacking. I'm one of those guys. I know from shooting many quals that I will always shoot my M&P better than my Glock. I'd much rather take the M&P to a fight since its been just as reliable and I shoot it better. Actually, forget that......in a fight I'd be happy with either in my holster as long as I had my AR in hand.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SargeMO

As i've always said with cops. If you can't qualify/ handle the issued gun then the problem is you, not the gun-go find another job

No gun is a good fit for everybody. Good outfits issue a gun and have an 'approved list' of reliable, reputable alternatives for those that the issue sidearm simply doesn't fit. They still have to qualify with it.

Most people can qualify if they will apply the basics of marksmanship, accept constructive criticism and accept the fact that some undertakings involve a little effort and discomfort. Some are unwilling and a tiny percentage are incapable. I cull those PDQ.

I have said for decades that if puppy soldiers and policemen can't break it, it can't be broke.

With the technology in place modular is the way to go. That is the way the AR-15's/ M-16's are designed.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The three pistol that is the closest fit for 99% of the people that pick one up is the S&W M&P the 1911 and Browning HP , but this would be to simple for a bureaucrat to ever pick.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Who would Detonics get to make their pistol if they won? They aren't anywhere near big enough to do it themselves.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently they've teamed up with STI.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Apparently they've teamed up with STI.

Partner up, is how I posted in the original thread that Detonics would go that route.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Pistols to me are secondary as well, the glock 9's work good enough most of mine have steel night sights.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I don't care about the gun being a good fit for everyone. i care about having to be at the arbitration table because a 5'2 100 pound female thought our Glock 21s were to big for her and kicked too hard for her to qualify with, and according to her lawyer it was the gun's fault she didn't meet her probationary requirements and, thus her employment terminated

The agency shouldn't have to shell out for different guns to "fit" everyone individually...you can either cut it with what is given, or find a new job

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Why not give people the option of buying and using what works for them from an approved list?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We were issued M-15 S&Ws and then switched to the M-9. I qualified higher with the M-15 shooting D/A only. The factory S&W grips fit my hand far better. Aircrew do not need accessory rails, high capacity magazines, or a complicated handgun. KISS is best, especially when you qualify once every 3 years.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Why not give people the option of buying and using what works for them from an approved list?

In theory and maybe with a large dept that gives a uniform allowance I think it would work.

But the problem around here was no one wants to spend their own money on something for work. 6 months before I left were were authorized to purchase Sig P226s. Only 3 out of 28 officers did.

It also becomes a budgetary issue. Let's say we approve 7 different firearms. That means the instructor has to potentially be sent to 7 different schools to learn manual of arms, not to mention armorers schools

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Individuality is for artists.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Where have you been? This place hasn't been the same.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I took my kids to Disneyworld.

Was temporarily committed immediately after. Scheduled for release tomorrow.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Detox. LOL

Good for you, however I am going to go out on a limb and say it's Disneyworld where ever you are, in a good way. Lots of fun and entertaining.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,257
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.