Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
OK guys I'm not one to brag but I am so proud of this rifle. My grandfather did the wood work and a 75 Year old gun smith did the work. Told me it was to be the last blued rifle he was to do So here it is. I don't have a picture of the group I give it to the gunsmith as a thank you but it measured 5 shots .320 with 110 grain accubonds. Only thing I don't like about the gun is that it doesn't like to be loaded hot at all. But with barrel length I ran it across the chrono and it was a solid 2700. (old chrono so I can't say how accurate)

Remington 700 Long Action (So I can set my bullets out)
Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut with Ebony Caps
High Gloss Blue Job
Douglass Air Gauged Barrel at 26 1/2"
Redfield Engraved Rings
Leupold VX-III 6.5-20
Kepplinger Set Trigger 1.5lbs unset 8oz Set
Williams Bottom Metal
Presentation Basket Weave Recoil Pad
Speed Lock and Firing Pin

257 Roberts Custom Build

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks Savage I couldn't figure out how to get the pics up there

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Looks real good

Tater
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Rangemasterx
OK guys I'm not one to brag but I am so proud of this rifle. My grandfather did the wood work and a 75 Year old gun smith did the work. Told me it was to be the last blued rifle he was to do So here it is. I don't have a picture of the group I give it to the gunsmith as a thank you but it measured 5 shots .320 with 110 grain accubonds. Only thing I don't like about the gun is that it doesn't like to be loaded hot at all. But with barrel length I ran it across the chrono and it was a solid 2700. (old chrono so I can't say how accurate)

Remington 700 Long Action (So I can set my bullets out)
Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut with Ebony Caps
High Gloss Blue Job
Douglass Air Gauged Barrel at 26 1/2"
Redfield Engraved Rings
Leupold VX-III 6.5-20
Kepplinger Set Trigger 1.5lbs unset 8oz Set
Williams Bottom Metal
Presentation Basket Weave Recoil Pad
Speed Lock and Firing Pin

257 Roberts Custom Build

Those things shouldn't go together that way. What was the load?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Very nice.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
39.5 grains of IMR 4350 with 110gr accubond with a .015 jump.

Like you said typically that combo wouldnt work but hey I shouldnt complain next time I am at my gunsmiths I will take pics of the group

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I should have been more explicit. What I meant was that the rifle specs and quoted performance didn't seem to match. The rifle ought to be capable of much more.

Hodgdon's start load with a 115 Partition is 2.4 grains higher than what you list. The top load is 45.5 grains and that's at only 46,600 cup.

You say it doesn't like to be loaded hot, but how far up did you go? I'm thinking if it showed signs of going out of tune as you increased the charge you may still have enough headroom to increase the charge and bring it back in at a higher velocity.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BEST fhuqking joke ever!

Pretending to be giddy about a 375H&H length receiver housing a Bob,wearing a "special" throat,26.5" spout,blued Goat Fhuqk metal,polished firewood living handle,dog schit base/rings,1" 20X glass less means of POA/POI correlation arrangement and it'll squirt a POS 110 AccuBomb at an AMAZING 2700fps?!?

My 20" Montucky 6BR is crying,it's laughing soooooooo fhuqking hard.

Whatcha' gonna do for an encore?!?

Holy fhuqking schit WOW +P++!....................

(Addendum: for THE oblivious)

'rx,

The ONLY reason it's funny,is because you "think" you have something...and the last thing I'd wish to do is diminish those sweet "satisfactions".

Bless your heart.

P.S and by the way,I just may have suffered Bob's and Better Bob's myself,but nothing THAT fhuqked up!...............

Oh my...SuperKchunt arrived the scene,as a "savior". Laughing!

It don't get ANY fhuqking funnier than a Drooling Dumbfhuqk,counseling another Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that their innate though oblivious Dumbfhuqkery,is a well thought out "plan".

Bless your heart.

Now you two Dumbfhuqks can have a Competition to see who can do the least,with THE dumbest fhuqking schit and wear the highly vaunted tiara as a "prize".

I'll feign my "surprise",that you skirted all "particulars" of the Goat Fhuqk and went right to dealing Estrogen instead.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Its the lightest load in the nosler book

And Bigstick im sorry that I showed off a rifle im really proud of. I wasnt trying to brag just stating the specs!

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
People like you bigstick is why I dont come around the fire anymore

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People like you bigstick is why I dont come around the fire anymore

Dont let that pencil head bug you. That's what he's here for. He's kinda like a cheap christmas toy you play with for a while and then get quickly bored with and forget about. Not many really pay attention to his Grade Five chest beating rants anyways.

In reality, he's about 5'4", bald and has a lot of "shortcomings" he comes here to prove otherwise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was your Grandfather rifle and that is all that should matter .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rangemaster,

Great looking rifle! I love a gun that has a family history. There is an intangible sense of pride that goes along with firearms. In this case, I think it is because you know that your grandfather put a lot of thought and hard earned dollars into it and was proud of it. The old boy who built it obviously took pride in his workmanship as well. Just knowing that makes it special.

Personally, I would load that up with some Hornady 75gr V-Max and go shoot the bejeezus out of it. Have some fun and enjoy it.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice bit of wood. I'd prefer the satin oil-rubbed finish myself.

I reckon get some more coal on the fire for that load. Get some 4350 or R17 in that case and pump it up!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is a beautiful gun, and one to be proud of!

Bigstick sounds like a goatf--ker that has been banned to the far north because they won't let him back in the lower 48!

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And Bigstick im sorry that I showed off a rifle im really proud of. I wasnt trying to brag just stating the specs!

Next he'll beg you for pictures so he can mock all your other stuff.

Makes him feel taller/normal.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Its the lightest load in the nosler book

Nice rifle. No reason to be sorry, why apologize to an obvious ass hole ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (160user, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.