Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
With all the GLBT talk going on here, I thought it was time to remind everyone about what this professor says:

[quote]Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

By Michael W. Chapman | June 2, 2015 | 1:34 PM EDT
Shares
FacebookTwitterMore

Dr. Paul R. McHugh. (Photo:

Johns Hopkins Medicine)

(CNSNews.com) -- Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

While the Obama administration, Hollywood, and major media such as Time magazine promote transgenderism as normal, said Dr. McHugh, these “policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention.”

Time magazine, June 9, 2014,

cover story, The Transgender Tipping Point:

America's Next Civil Rights Frontier. (Photo: AP)
“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

This assumption, that one’s gender is only in the mind regardless of anatomical reality, has led some transgendered people to push for social acceptance and affirmation of their own subjective “personal truth,” said Dr. McHugh. As a result, some states – California, New Jersey, and Massachusetts – have passed laws barring psychiatrists, “even with parental permission, from striving to restore natural gender feelings to a transgender minor,” he said.

The pro-transgender advocates do not want to know, said McHugh, that studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings “spontaneously lose those feelings” over time. Also, for those who had sexual reassignment surgery, most said they were “satisfied” with the operation “but their subsequent psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn’t have the surgery.”

Pro-transgender activists. The

Obama administration announced

in May that Medicare will

now cover transgender surgical

procedures. (AP)
“And so at Hopkins we stopped doing sex-reassignment surgery, since producing a ‘satisfied’ but still troubled patient seemed an inadequate reason for surgically amputating normal organs,” said Dr. McHugh.

The former Johns Hopkins chief of psychiatry also warned against enabling or encouraging certain subgroups of the transgendered, such as young people “susceptible to suggestion from ‘everything is normal’ sex education,” and the schools’ “diversity counselors” who, like “cult leaders,” may “encourage these young people to distance themselves from their families and offer advice on rebutting arguments against having transgender surgery.”

Dr. McHugh also reported that there are “misguided doctors” who, working with very young children who seem to imitate the opposite sex, will administer “puberty-delaying hormones to render later sex-change surgeries less onerous – even though the drugs stunt the children’s growth and risk causing sterility.”

Such action comes “close to child abuse,” said Dr. McHugh, given that close to 80% of those kids will “abandon their confusion and grow naturally into adult life if untreated ….”

“’Sex change’ is biologically impossible,” said McHugh. “People who undergo sex-reassignment surgery do not change from men to women or vice versa. Rather, they become feminized men or masculinized women. Claiming that this is civil-rights matter and encouraging surgical intervention is in reality to collaborate with and promote a mental disorder.”

/quote]

Last edited by bigwhoop; 07/06/15.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am not a psychiatrist, but I could have told you that.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would like to see the figures on how many of them were raised by parents who treated them like the opposite sex.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just about anything supported by liberals is a mental disorder...

liberalism itself, as the leftists practice it is a self abusing mental disorder...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ah, we assume then, that nature never makes a mistake.

IE what nature/God gave you for plumbing is how the rest of the body is wired.

Yep, 10-4, never seen 2 headed animals, 5 legged and so on....

BTW I'm not for or against, but we had a local family here, in church with such an issue with a child. They NEVER treated the child the "other" way, child was just not wired for being a female, and had the surgery.

Never had any issues before or after, and lost child at 32, from a heart attack.

With a personal and close exposure, I won't say that part of this isn't mental, but exactly what drives mental, things that are not wired correctly in the body IMHO.

How else could you be gay also? wired differently is likely the PC term. You simply can't be attracted to the same sex, without being crossed up. At least not in my books. You can't convince my hormones to start loving a dude.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rost495

No, but rest assured that nature always corrects mistakes in the end.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

No, but rest assured that nature always finds a way to correct it's mistakes in the end.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Growing up we were always told that Gays could not help themselves because of a pychiatric condition. Now they are normal productive human beings all of a sudden

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RJL53

In any case, there are danged few mistakes of this kind. Either there is something weird in the water, or a LOT of these people are just funnin' us. The fact is, people claim up to 25% of people are gay. That just does not jive with the continuation of the species. It's a bunch of hogwash. There ARE anomalies, but the VAST majority of gays are NOT biologically so inclined. It is behavioral, and a lifestyle choice - at least according to science. The idea that we should grant protected status on par with skin color, to a choice, is preposterous. If it is eventually proven that I am wrong, so be it. For now, the lie is promoted as the truth. So many young people have been indoctrinated, it may be difficult to put the genie back into the bottle.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by RJL53

In any case, there are danged few mistakes of this kind. Either there is something weird in the water, or a LOT of these people are just funnin' us. The fact is, people claim up to 25% of people are gay. That just does not jive with the continuation of the species. It's a bunch of hogwash. There ARE anomalies, but the VAST majority of gays are NOT biologically so inclined. It is behavioral, and a lifestyle choice - at least according to science. The idea that we should grant protected status on par with skin color, to a choice, is preposterous. If it is eventually proven that I am wrong, so be it. For now, the lie is promoted as the truth. So many young people have been indoctrinated, it may be difficult to put the genie back into the bottle.

+1 million

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I just fail to see how it can be a life choice.

You could choose to be gay is what you are saying? It doesn't repulse you? You could enjoy it? And leave the opposite sex alone?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I fail to see how cutting people up and using their skin for upholstery can be a life choice.

You know why? Because I'm not fugking crazy!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

I fail to see how cutting people up and using their skin for upholstery can be a life choice.

Travis

Collector pieces go for big bucks.

You are missing out on a heck of a cottage industry by not dabbling.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Everything you do in your life, is a God Damn choice, I don't give a phuqck what is going through your mind or what your body is telling you that you need to do, at the end of the day you make that decision on your own.

It doesn't matter what you feel like doing or how you feel you should act. You make a choice to act the way you do.

Not surprising in a day and age where personal responsibility is taboo for most, that people would pass the buck on their own choices.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It used to be common knowledge that many/most gays and trans were sexually abused as children. Don't hear much about that anymore.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

You know why? Because I'm not fugking crazy!

Travis

LMFAO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You could choose to be gay is what you are saying? It doesn't repulse you? You could enjoy it? And leave the opposite sex alone?

Lots of "not gay" people in jails stabbin azzez. Oh, and very few queers haven't screwed the opposite sex.

Like anything else, it really doesn't matter if it's genetic or not. It's a behavior just like someone who habitually drinks till they vomit.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 13 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.