Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
link to story
District of Columbia residents and tourists weighed in on the controversy surrounding the Confederate flag, some saying the nation should go as far as renaming Washington, D.C.

CNN anchor Don Lemon recently floated the idea of re-thinking the Jefferson Memorial, dedicated to Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States, since he was a slave owner.

“There may come a day when we want to re-think Jefferson, I don’t know if we should do that, but when we get to that point, I’ll be happy to partake in that particular discussion,” Lemon said.

“It should come down,” one D.C. resident told PJ Media, referencing the Jefferson Memorial in Washington.

“If we do that, though, George Washington owned slaves. Should we rename Washington, D.C.?” he was asked.

“You have to draw the line at some point, I guess, maybe take a poll across the country and see what people think about it and if they want to rename the city, do it,” he said. “I would support changing the American flag as well. America is based on a lot of mass killings and slavery and the history is just – look at the Germans, they own up to the Holocaust, nobody is proud of their history. Americans, at least, you should not be proud of any mass killing. You should not be proud of anything wrong that’s been done in the past or any symbols that represent that and that’s all.”

Another man suggested renaming Washington “Black City” or “Mixed City.”

Sam......

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Would anybody *really* give a chit if Washington D.C. and NYC dropped into a bottomless sinkhole?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Would anybody *really* give a chit if Washington D.C. and NYC dropped into a bottomless sinkhole?

I for one am proud of our nation's history and the monuments built to memorialize its past. I certainly wouldn't want to see them fall into a sinkhole.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
This crap has really gone too far.

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

I for one am proud of our nation's history and the monuments built to memorialize its past. I certainly wouldn't want to see them fall into a sinkhole.

Travis

Fug 'em. Let them drop!

Last edited by RS308MX; 07/07/15.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mannlicher: I agree with your bewilderment over the P/C types and the "thought police" revising things to "their" liking.
I also wonder where or IF it will end?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The old, 'Give an inch and they'll take a mile', idiom comes to mind.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
let the camel get it's nose under the tent, and before you know it, the whole damn animal is inside.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still think they have all the causes pre packaged and ready to bring up as soon as something happens.
There is no way this flag issue exploded as it did just because of a totally unrelated action.
I wonder what else they have banked and ready to push.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Tracks, I agree with you, I believe alot of these ideas are pre-planned. Just ways for them to get their way.

Fück Joe byron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You and I both know how far it will go. What happened 'over there' is coming here, and it's not a coincidence:

Remember: cultural cleansing leads to ethnic cleansing.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think the liberal left wants a revolt in this country even worse than the far right does... they are certainly doing everything they can to set the stage.....

for all the blacks that want to complain about slavery and demand reparations.. maybe its time we consider billing them for their ancestors' passage to the new World... because if it wasn't for their ancestors being brought here as slaves, they would still be living in mud huts in Africa....

if they want reparations from George Washington and Thomas Jefferson for owning slaves, then their ancestors who were slaves should be able to bill Washington and Jefferson for their servitude.... why should the entire nation pay bills for individuals from 250 years ago...

Where do these idiots get the concept, that they deserve something for free, for the pain and suffering of their ancestors, 140 years ago and back from there?

My ancestors didn't have everything all that good at times... so where is my check from the Federal Government for their pain and suffering???

Liberalism is a mental disease and people with mental diseases need to be put in a straight jacket in a padded room and have their illnesses managed by strong medications...so they don't harm themselves, or anyone else...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all right out of the Marxist 101 playbook. Destroy all symbols and history that is counter to the message of the Party Narrative.

Lenin would be so proud of this bunch. mad

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Fug 'em. Let them drop!

Eyes closed when you made that Birthday Wish?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Paul Kruger statue defaced

April 7, 2015

Pretoria - The city of Tshwane has placed police guards around the statue of Paul Kruger in Pretoria’s Church Square and made plans to clean it after it was targeted by vandals, who covered two bronze sentries in green paint, mayoral spokesman Blessing Manale said on Monday.

The Economic Freedom Fighters, who last week vowed to tear down all statues of white minority leaders in Pretoria, said they were not sure who had targeted the statue but wanted to commend them.

“I know there are community members who have embarked on an action to deface these symbols and I think we should commend them,” said Mandisa Mashego, the party’s acting chairwoman in Gauteng.

On Monday morning, EFF national spokesman and MP Mbuyseni Ndlozi posted a call on his Twitter account to remove the statue of Jan van Riebeeck in Cape Town, reading: “Jan van Riebeeck must fall: he is situated in Adderley Street, Cape Town.”

Ndlozi declined to comment on the defacing of Kruger’s statue but told ANA: “All these statues must go down. We need to craft a new symbolism to remember and commemorate the colonial and apartheid past that is not based only on icons of white supremacy like Jan van Riebeeck and Paul Kruger but shows freedom fighters, black and white, who opposed it.”

Monday marked the 363rd anniversary of the Dutch colonial administrator’s arrival in the Cape.

The EFF has intensified its calls for the removal of statues of colonial and apartheid rulers in recent weeks against the backdrop of the student campaign at the University of Cape Town for the removal of the statue of Cecil John Rhodes.

Last week, the ANC Youth League also called for the removal of Kruger’s statue in Pretoria. Tshwane mayor Kgosientso Ramokgopa responded by saying he viewed the call as a necessary part of the national debate around representation of the past.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/paul-kruger-statue-defaced-1.1841256#.VZwwXotRFLN

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Re name Washington DC.... to "Black City"....

Anyone see the liberal left maneuvering here to name it after Barack Obama after he leaves office?

Mark my words....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by joken2
The old, 'Give an inch and they'll take a mile', idiom comes to mind.
Bingo...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

Where do these idiots get the concept, that they deserve something for free, for the pain and suffering of their ancestors, 140 years ago and back from there?

My ancestors didn't have everything all that good at times... so where is my check from the Federal Government for their pain and suffering???

Didn't your ancestors suffer, as serfs, under the feudal system of the Bourbons/etc. in Ye Olde Europe?? Mine assuredly did, no 18th generation Bourbon died and left me a f*cking castle in their will......

Where's White Reparations For Feudal Slavery??!!?? No justice, no peace, etc. etc.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 07/07/15.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
hardly any9one believes the feds own us, control us, and will do as they please with us. History is being re-written because the victors always control the scribes who are responsible for putting down the history to paper, or the internet, whatever.

the hawks and passivists who dominate this country are getting increasingly agitated with each other.

we infidels are under threat. one can't forget that religious wars have played into our history quite a lot. i know when the King of England and his crowd ran my ancestors arses out of scotti country, that political power is everything.

political power - get it. is is the single most important factor in determining how history is written, for the children.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When we are all in the fields picking cotton.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 3,340 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.