Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
http://bleckleydodgepulaski.13wmaz....ag-will-continue-fly-dodge-co-courthouse

The conversation, and deep-running emotions over the confederate flag has come to a courthouse in Central Georgia.

Monday night, Dodge County commissioners stood their ground by keeping the confederate flag flying.
Dodge NAACP chapter President John Battle asked commissioners to vote on taking down the flag in front of the courthouse.
But before Battle spoke, commissioner Karen Cheek read a letter addressing the flag topic.
"It is my sincere belief that this memorial, this flag was created and dedicated to honor all of those who had fallen in this terrible conflict," said Cheek.
Cheek said she does not want the flag down because it pays homage to fallen soldiers.
She also said the flag doesn't fly with any ill intentions. "I honestly believe that this confederate memorial was erected not with hate or animosity," said Cheek.
But Battle disagrees. He says the flag is offensive to African-Americans.
"They said that this flag does not alienate anyone. It does alienate people. We've been oppressed by it. This flag is a racist flag.Hatred. And it's not good for us," said Battle.
During his address to commissioners he added that African-Americans are the true sons and daughters of the confederacy.
"I am the son of the confederacy. I am. We're the true sons and daughters of the confederate. Ask yourself why did we fight? We fought about free labor. It was me. My grandparents, my great grandparents," said Battle.
Others approached the microphone giving their views also.
"I understand the blacks don't like it, that's fine. My great granddaddy fought in the war. And I will die before I see that flag go down," said one resident.
Commissioner Cheek suggested that residents of Dodge County vote on whether or not the flag should stay.
The other commissioners were opposed to her idea.Instead, Chariman Dan McCranie says their sticking to their statement from 4 years ago that says "the majority of the County Commission felt that allowing the battle flag to be flown as a memorial to fallen soldiers was appropriate

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thank God there's some common sense somewhere.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm glad they have a set. Nothing wrong with just saying NO!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Simple answer for the so called AFRIKAN AMERICANS, GO BACK TO AFRICA AND START YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This INSANITY and the LGBT BS has ruined a FINE country.

I have never in my life witnessed so much STUPID posturing totally inappropriate behavior. Much offends me but I do not DEMAND you bend to my beliefs. Your rights end when the infringe on mine, dammit.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Simple answer for the so called AFRIKAN AMERICANS, GO BACK TO AFRICA AND START YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!

Well, they did (Liberia). And it hasn't worked out that well.

That can't govern and it's been proven in every African schitthole on the map, Haiti et al.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
good to hear someone has some 'nads.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. Good on Georgia!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup,good for the commissioners. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
This INSANITY and the LGBT BS has ruined a FINE country.

I have never in my life witnessed so much STUPID posturing totally inappropriate behavior. Much offends me but I do not DEMAND you bend to my beliefs. Your rights end when the infringe on mine, dammit.

Right on!!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dodge NAACP chapter President John Battle...
Oh sure, the NAACP is totally unbigoted, right? They get offended if a jug of milk isn't chocolate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It hasn't worked out well here either.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

Well, they did (Liberia). And it hasn't worked out that well.

That can't govern and it's been proven in every African schitthole on the map, Haiti et al.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.