Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You'd be better off using the "N" word in open court than to say you applied a "finisher".

haha.

That being said, the magic happens in the articulation.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
You're certainly right, but I couldn't think of the term.. Thanks again.. What you say is about or more important than what happens..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
You're certainly right, but I couldn't think of the term.. Thanks again.. What you say is about or more important than what happens..

Well, no. Facts matter the most, though presentation of the facts is always important.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Just remember, you don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the threat. As many and wherever they need to go to do that.

MAGA
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks again Gruff..

Molon Labe
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
4ager, Crimson, Mac, and any others who care to chime in..

Have read most of this thread.. In 4's last post you mention a pelvis hit.. That is certainly a deadly shot. Years ago when my wife and I just had a couple .22 pistols, that is where I told her to but the first shot..
Now, having shot only game, if you used that point of aim, for your first round and assume you had a good hit, what should your next point of aim be?? I would think, as pointed out this would stop or slow an attacker, but would he not be capable of shooting back or suing me later if he lived????

I realize this is not a for sure thing, but I used to tell my wife a couple .22's to the groin and a finisher will settle the case... Only the best advice I could give for what we had.. Self defense and we now have it was many years down the road.. Thanks.

WYO,

I would venture to say that it would all depend on the skill set of the shooter and ability to control your nerves in a very high stress environment.

There is no question that pelvic girdle shots are both incapacitating and painful. Discussing this before, I have likened it to taking out the tracks on a tank. The tank body is down, and not moving but the turret is still functional and deadly.

A lot of organizations practice "body armor/failure drills".

When center mass hits to the chest are not having the desired effect, the shooter applies rounds to either the head or pelvic girdle. If the pelvic girdle is chosen, this is followed up to shots to the head to eliminate the threat. This is not a "stop and observe the effects" type event. You lay a steady wall of hate into the threat until it is no longer a threat, then assess your environment and determine your next course of action.

AS far as using a .22 (which I honestly have no problem with, as it is not a bad choice for many non shooters) I would suggest getting center mass hits first. It may or may not be immediately effective, but it will definitely disrupt the threats OODA loop if they are not wearing body armor.

From there adjust fire accordingly.

Most may not know it, but suppressed .22s are still very popular in many circles.

One bit of history. When Gary Powers was shot down, his suppressed .22 Hi Standard was retrieved and eventually ended up on display in a museum in Moscow.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Mac, Thanks for the info.. as always very fine information.. We not longer carry .22's for protection, that was in our early years.. Again thanks. Have a great 4th and summer..

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I talked to a retired cop who now teaches gunsmithing and he says when you get into a gunfight and the adrenaline starts pumping your marksmanship skills will suffer badly.
He also said that unless your bullet is traveling over 2,000 fps that the size of the bullet is not as important.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Any gun is better then none of course but it still comes down to you and control.
Hunt deer and if you see one and shake apart with your heart going to 140 BPM from buck fever, what would you do with a BG? If you go from 50 to 60 BPM, you have a chance. I know too many expert shots that can not hit a deer. Some think it is different but it is not. It is worse with a human as a threat. He is in the same boat and can't hit a thing so if you have control, you win.
You need to learn to hold your gun sideways and throw bullets, TAKE THAT SUCKA! Have to hold the gun overhead to get the "throw."
The number of deer hunters that can "place a shot" is so low it is a joke. Keyboard hunters.They tell you to make a head shot but shooting paper is not the same.
Who would I want at my back? JWP and Whitworth and not the keyboard "Experts".
We have had differences but not about shooting, just stupid stuff. I admit to being an SOB but it was never about how each shot. Hey Whitworth, come back to hunt. Remember the time the hose was leaking and burning when making steaks. Carol misses you and your wife. We want you back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mr. BFR, why don't you take the 20 shot challenge over at the AR Forum and show us how it's done.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Any gun is better then none of course but it still comes down to you and control.
Hunt deer and if you see one and shake apart with your heart going to 140 BPM from buck fever, what would you do with a BG? If you go from 50 to 60 BPM, you have a chance. I know too many expert shots that can not hit a deer. Some think it is different but it is not. It is worse with a human as a threat. He is in the same boat and can't hit a thing so if you have control, you win.
You need to learn to hold your gun sideways and throw bullets, TAKE THAT SUCKA! Have to hold the gun overhead to get the "throw."
The number of deer hunters that can "place a shot" is so low it is a joke. Keyboard hunters.They tell you to make a head shot but shooting paper is not the same.
We have had differences but not about shooting, just stupid stuff. I admit to being an SOB but it was never about how each shot. Hey Whitworth, come back to hunt. Remember the time the hose was leaking and burning when making steaks. Carol misses you and your wife. We want you back.

Can anyone interpret the above congealed statement for me?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
yeah he thinks he's the only basturd that ever killed a deer

FJB
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I got that part. But he also says he doesn't have any experience shooting bad guys, but in this most recent post, shares the psychological/ physiological reaction of all peoples involved in a gunfight?

Does that make him Yota?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It makes him Yoda's moronic brother Dopa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You take "haven't a f'kin' clue" to a Biblical level.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you lose it with a deer what makes you think a creep with a gun will not make you change your shorts?
A Moron is one that thinks he has control after training.
Many here become a Ninja after watching some videos.
Some of the guns you carry are so sad you need to poke a belly to hit.
But you are all experts in the end. The most dangerous animal is MAN but some of you shoot one a day via the key board.
I am amazed how good you are.
I quit this post from the stupidity shown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you lose it with a deer what makes you think a creep with a gun will not make you change your shorts?
A Moron is one that thinks he has control after training.
Many here become a Ninja after watching some videos.
Some of the guns you carry are so sad you need to poke a belly to hit.
But you are all experts in the end. The most dangerous animal is MAN but some of you shoot one a day via the key board.
I am amazed how good you are.
I quit this post from the stupidity shown.

The stupidity shown is your own. You haven't a clue about defensive shooting and couldn't stay on topic if your life depended on it, to say nothing of making a comprehensible response or post.

This ain't deer hunting; as only a first clue.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by whelennut
I talked to a retired cop who now teaches gunsmithing and he says when you get into a gunfight and the adrenaline starts pumping your marksmanship skills will suffer badly.
He also said that unless your bullet is traveling over 2,000 fps that the size of the bullet is not as important.

To get a taste of adrenaline and how it influences your shooting, I encourage people to shoot in some IDPA or similar type matches.

It can be pretty eye opening.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Morons grow from weeds. Want to face me at 50 yards with your nine? I know I was to quit but you are too much of a challenge. You must be Bob or Jerry.
Stupid is what you said. If you think buck fever is different then fear of a creep with a machete or gun is not the same. Get a life. I will bet on the machete. It was proven a creep with a knife will get you before you can draw and shoot.
I bow to those with keyboards worn out. You are one tough SOB, standing up straight wile getting shot at instead of hiding behind a car.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Did you just challenge somebody to a gun/machete duel?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.