Print Thread
Hop To
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Picked up 20 bulk packs (525) of Remington Golden bullets (1622C) 36gr plated hollow points. I'm not going to use them, I picked them for guys that have problems still getting 22's. Paid $31.99 per bulk pack so $34.00 + shipping per box, this will help pay for gas. Will ship USPS flat rate box, if I remove from factory box and pack in plastic bag can ship $5.95, if wanted in factory box then $12.65. Email me at greg300wbyyahoo.com if want to buy some, I have this listed else where

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Don't want to be that guy, but shipping ammo USPS is a no no. Ship it FedEx or UPS Ground with an ORMD sticker on it.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
All sold

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote=lwh723]Don't want to be that guy, but shipping ammo USPS is a no no. Ship it FedEx or UPS Ground with an ORMD sticker on it. [/quote

LOL Been shipping ammo by USPS for over 30+ years

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LOL all you want, until you end up in jail. Probably won't be funny then....

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
IC B2

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by borden811

In jail for what? Did you know midwayusa ships ammo by mail

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can't ship ORMD which is loaded ammo via USPS. Period. Like lose your house and all your [bleep] period.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

Shipping Restrictions

Can you ship it?

If you have any questions about whether or not the contents of your shipment can be shipped by USPS®, consult the lists of prohibited and restricted items below. The lists are not exhaustive, so if you’re looking for information not covered below, please refer to the resources available under Helpful Links.

All prohibited domestic items are also prohibited from being shipped internationally. However, some items that are prohibited from being shipped internationally can shipped domestically, with some restrictions.

Prohibited Domestic Items
Air bags
Ammunition
Explosives
Gasoline

Helpful Links
Publication 52 – Hazardous, Restricted, & Perishable Mail
IMM® 135: Mailable Dangerous Goods
IMM 136: Non–Mailable Goods
International Restrictions by Country

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by gemby58

Midway would not jeopardize their business doing something that foolish. USPS does not ship ammo or anything else that could be explosive/flammable because the bulk of their packages are shipped on Commercial Aircraft flights. Most people would not be all that comfortable with that kind of cargo under their seats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't dump tea in Boston Harbor either... wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RJL53

Midway would not jeopardize their business doing something that foolish. USPS does not ship ammo or anything else that could be explosive/flammable because the bulk of their packages are shipped on Commercial Aircraft flights. Most people would not be all that comfortable with that kind of cargo under their seats.

Well I know that for a fact as last time they had CCI Quite 22's they shipped 5 boxes by mail to ME. So you can say they don't I know they do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=lwh723]Don't want to be that guy, but shipping ammo USPS is a no no. Ship it FedEx or UPS Ground with an ORMD sticker on it. [/quote

LOL Been shipping ammo by USPS for over 30+ years

Then you've been committing a felony each time for 30+ years.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Well I know that for a fact as last time they had CCI Quite 22's they shipped 5 boxes by mail to ME. So you can say they don't I know they do.

UPS uses USPS to finish deliveries sometime now. I don't remember what it's called but UPS gets the package to the local USPS and the USPS makes the final delivery. So, this wouldn't surprise me.

That said, it's still not legal for you or me to ship ammo via USPS. Take the chance if you want to, I don't care, it's up to you. But there could be a price for you saving a few pennies of shipping cost or more convenience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

FedEx uses USPS to make final deliveries in some locations. If the shipper (MidwayUSA) uses FedEx, then they have complied with the law. If FedEx and USPS have a cooperative agreement on certain routes, then it is on them to follow the law.

You, as an individual, cannot legally ship ammunition via USPS. Doing so constitutes a felony.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[/quote]

FedEx uses USPS to make final deliveries in some locations. If the shipper (MidwayUSA) uses FedEx, then they have complied with the law. If FedEx and USPS have a cooperative agreement on certain routes, then it is on them to follow the law.

You, as an individual, cannot legally ship ammunition via USPS. Doing so constitutes a felony.[/quote]

Correct you are. UPS and FedEx both deliver to the respective local Post Offices and they effect final delivery which does not involve air transportation.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My experience with this was putting the ORMD label on immediately complicated my ability to ship to the point I gave up and returned payment.

Yes it's legal but sometimes idiots are in charge.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
maybe some of the big gun lobbyists could work to getting the rule updated? and include the ammo mfg'ers if the net result would end in a lower net cost to the end user?

cheap, cheaper, and cheapest is how the system is structured. work to get the rules changed. someone made them, so someone can change them.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The flat rate boxes transit via air and that is the issue. No DG's period.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
TTT

Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm an Oracle ...
You are a bug....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have only shipped ammo by Fedex, no problem at all. just that it's exactly 3/8 of a mile further and I had to put the diamond marker on the box with a sharpie.

HM

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (14idaho, 35, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.