Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Governor LePage is expected to sign the bill to eliminate concealed carry permits Wednesday at 2 p.m.

It's already legal in Maine to carry a gun that isn't hidden, commonly called "open carry."

The bill, LD 652, would eliminate Maine's concealed weapon permit requirement, allowing anyone who can legally purchase a firearm to keep it under his or her clothing.

Lawmakers in New Hampshire passed a similar bill this session, but Governor Maggie Hassan vetoed it.

As of now the bill signing event will be closed to the press.

Opponents say the proposal would undo years of work in the legislature to pass sensible gun safety laws.

But supporters say the permit requirement does nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

It's an issue that has divided Maine law enforcement -- with the chiefs of police and sheriffs opposing the bill... and the state police supporting it. A move that draws criticism from the bill's opponents.

[Linked Image]
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good for the people of the great state of Maine! Now if Iowa would come forth with the same.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good for Maine. It only took a little over two centuries for the Bill of Rights to be recognized as law.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maine? Really? Maine? Wow! Good for them!

Nebraska will be far behind everybody else.. freaking Omaha liberals.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now if you could hunt on Sunday in Maine things would be headed in the right direction. One step at a time I guess. Tom

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NICE!

So, Maine and Vermont now are more pro-2A than Texas? Oh, the irony.

Constitutional Carry states include: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Vermont, and Wyoming, as well as in Puerto Rico.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Speaking of Texas...

My mom and dad sent all their schit off to get the CC permit and they still have not heard back. It's been about two months already.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Speaking of Texas...

My mom and dad sent all their schit off to get the CC permit and they still have not heard back. It's been about two months already.

Travis

God Bless Texas... in some other states that are more pro-2A, there is a time limit on a shall issue permit; if it's not issued within about 45 days, the permit is issued as a matter of law by the clerk of the court.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I wish Georgia would go with constitutional carry. It has been tried and will be again. While we have concealed weapons permits that are not a problem to obtain, our legislature likes the control and gives any up grudgingly. The Georgia Legislature thinks that they are the ones that are allowing the citizens of Georgia to carry weapons concealed not the Second Amendment.

Harry
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Now if Maine would honor more states carry permit than they do now, which is only a handful.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Governor LePage is expected to sign the bill to eliminate concealed carry permits Wednesday at 2 p.m.

It's already legal in Maine to carry a gun that isn't hidden, commonly called "open carry."

The bill, LD 652, would eliminate Maine's concealed weapon permit requirement, allowing anyone who can legally purchase a firearm to keep it under his or her clothing.

Lawmakers in New Hampshire passed a similar bill this session, but Governor Maggie Hassan vetoed it.

As of now the bill signing event will be closed to the press.

Opponents say the proposal would undo years of work in the legislature to pass sensible gun safety laws.

But supporters say the permit requirement does nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
And they'd be correct.. Excellent news!

It's an issue that has divided Maine law enforcement -- with the chiefs of police and sheriffs opposing the bill... and the state police supporting it. A move that draws criticism from the bill's opponents.
Well, of course it does... I can hear 'em now - " BLOOD WILL RUN IN THE STREETS! IT'LL BE THE WILD WEST ALL OVER AGAIN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meanwhile in Texas....

People settle for "baby steps".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine that happening in Ohio but I wish it would

not that it really matters to me. If I think I need to carry a gun to go where ever I'm going, a piece of paper isn't going to make the decision on whether I do it or not.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The voting in the Senate and house really wasn't even that close, IIRC.

Lot of upset liberals claiming they'll have to live in fear now.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GuideGun

It's what they do.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by GuideGun

It's what they do.

They are so scared because they don't have guns... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 69 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.