W
I would agree.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Kaleb
They can shoe a horse.

If you just want 4 shoes nailed on and the hoof wrasped off they'll take care of you.

These are two different paradigms.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I apologize for misspelling the word if that's what you're telling me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What he is saying is, there is a big difference between shoeing a horse, and just "wrasping and nailing shoes on".....

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No chit that was is my point. Maybe I should have worded it differently though. They install horse shoes on horses for the public.

They can put shoes on a horse. The shoes will stay on well. If this is what a fella is after have at it.

Like I said in that same post I don't use them for that so obviously I realize the difference....or it seemed obvious to me but I wrote it and know what I meant.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I guess it's like that everywhere, like you said.

Funny story about Amish, I guided a couple of them a few years ago. Two elders, their sons and one of their nephews. One of the elders could drive, the other was horse and buggy. Same with the boys. It was right when smart phones were coming out and they all had them. They all knew what Facebook was and all the younger ones had it. 4 of the 5 killed Bulls and the old guys all wanted to know how many likes they had!! At the end of the hunt we were taking pics of all the guys and their Bulls. Me and the outfitter still had flip phones, and we're trying to take pics with the new smart phones and the Amish guys had to show us how to use them!!! That was a little embarrassing!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol that's funny. Ours here sneak things but they don't have smart phones. Then again some do hide phones and radios at neighbors houses. It's funny how they can sing along with the words to most songs.

Maybe primitive is the word I'm looking for describing our bunch. They can use a gas engine to run certain things like saw mills and things but don't put that motor on wheels and drive it....haha

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It's my understanding some Amish can use tractors and things is why I mentioned primitive and such. Ours is the only type I know. Our aren't even suppose to ride in a vehicle but can take a bus? Go figure

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Weird rules. They must have to adapt them quite often.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anyone ridden an Amish Austrailian saddle or an Austrailian Amish saddle? grin

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol...the Aussie saddle topic sorta got side tracked. Maybe they have a webpage to check amish Aussies out

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
About the only reason I'm sorry it got side tracked is you pointing out the Steele saddles.....I know it's going to cost me some $. They are close enough I may try to stop in and take a look. Did you do the try before you buy with yours?

On the Amish using tractors, etc....I think that often Mennonites get confused with Amish. Mennonites use auto's, tractors, etc but dress much like the Amish. May not be the case with what you saw, but it is one of the differences between Amish and Mennonites.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes I done the demo deal. Do that for sure. If you don't like it driving or shipping isn't near as expensive as loosing money on a saddle you don't like(I lost money on a tucker and circle y).

The saddles are expensive to me compared to some but we like them better than anything else we've been able to try so far.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
My friend has amish he deals with in Ohio that drive tractors and stuff. We have Mennonites here too. They're also funny. They'll to buy a dodge diesel truck but it has to be black and can't have certain options. Only reason I know this is because a good friend of mine sells trucks in town. The girls also wear colorful dresses and bonnets. Some are pretty too so maybe less ah um....line breeding...grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here you go....haha

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Nice. Tennessee walker? Good looking dog too! We just picked up a gaited horse for my fiancée. First one I've been around. Takes some getting used to. First time I rode him, I thought he was lame! Hahaha

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
yes sir we ride walking horses. Started with quarter horses but unfortunately I don't know how to rope pen or any other handy things ( would be nice because we raise cattle too) so the walkers work best for our needs. Thank you he is a nicer example of the type horses we like to use. I hope I can show you a pic of him helping me get a elk out in a few months.

Lol The dog was dropped as a pup. Figured she wouldn't hurt anything at the barn...boy was I wrong. Her and her mate I guess chewed up everything two puppies would. Don't have a clue what kind they are but they're pretty good company.

Last edited by Kaleb; 07/22/15.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I enjoy the dogs tagging along.
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had my dog on a mule ride two weeks ago. First outing with stock for her. When it was open, she would range around, when the trail got tight she would get right between the mule's legs. One of the mules didn't like that and kicked her out. I thought she would stay away after that- no, she just chose a different mule for shade!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Haha she just picked another one for shade. I guess she didn't take it too personal. Mine get so hot sometimes I figure they'd just stay at the barn but they don't.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 21 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.