-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BFR, what exactly type of shooting do you do?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
I have a bit of experience with SIGs and Glocks as well.

Here's a little SIG I carried for several years (P6 West German police surplus).

[Linked Image]

Here's what it could do with 50 rounds offhand at 10 yards.

[Linked Image]

This 10mm Glock served nightstand duty for quite a few years.

[Linked Image]

Here's 50 rounds of 175 grain SilverTip JHPs at 25 yards, offhand.

[Linked Image]

Would any of those groups win a trophy or a shooting contest? Doubtfully, and I really couldn't care less about such things. Would they work just fine in a defensive situation? I think so and I'm comfortable with that.

Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Fine shooting but try the gun I did not like.

Appreciate that. I was quite pleased. If you paid attention, though, you'd have caught that I have a bit of familiarity with the Kel-Tec pistols.

Some say they control it but I dare them to shoot what I do. Most would cut shirt tails off, Brown stains should not go in laundry. Dang the keyboard is so easy!

Huh?

Can someone provide a coherent, sober, comprehensible English translation of this?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you think a too hard and too fast 45-70 can't lose a deer, You show colors that bleach has run over.
Ask Whitworth and I wish he would respond. He was with me with one, double lung shot, well over 200 yards with pink lungs, just a hole. Yeah hit the spine every shot but most of you can't hit a pop can at 100. My heroes! The wrong boolit in a 45-70 can fail but darn it is a BIG gun. Fools proliferate on shooting sites. Of all of you I would trust two, JWP and Whitworth, the rest pop keys.

Why in the flying hell you you go hunting WITH THE WRONG BULLET!

Anybody who cannot cleanly harvest a game animal should not be hunting. mad

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have refrained from comment on a lot of this thread due to trying to remain polite.

A few things have me scratching my head in a WTF? manner.

This gem from BFR being one:

"The .357 is proven for people and so is the .41 but the .44 mag is not as good, blows through with less damage. The .41 was not good because of recoil. "

So a .410 projectile is G2G, but a projectile 19 thousandths of an inch bigger, IE a .429 projectile is no good, due to it blowing right through...

That makes perfect sense, if you don't think about it...

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I have refrained from comment on a lot of this thread due to trying to remain polite.

"The .357 is proven for people and so is the .41 but the .44 mag is not as good, blows through with less damage. The .41 was not good because of recoil. "

So a .410 projectile is G2G, but a projectile 19 thousandths of an in bigger, IE a .429 projectile is no good, due to it blowing right through...

Mackay has a way of summing schit up, and well.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
If you think a too hard and too fast 45-70 can't lose a deer, You show colors that bleach has run over.
Ask Whitworth and I wish he would respond. He was with me with one, double lung shot, well over 200 yards with pink lungs, just a hole. Yeah hit the spine every shot but most of you can't hit a pop can at 100. My heroes! The wrong boolit in a 45-70 can fail but darn it is a BIG gun. Fools proliferate on shooting sites. Of all of you I would trust two, JWP and Whitworth, the rest pop keys.

I will tell you why, it was the stupid junk from experts that said just use a FN or WFN. Yeah I fell into the trap. Internet experts. Gun rags that are worse.
Many promote such false information and it took me a while to wean out Just how bad you want others to follow you. I had sad results with a WLN so went to a WFN because of internet experts. What false junk, wish I could cuss!
You see I was following some of you "experts".
I came to truth so don't blow smoke at me. I doubt you have any idea what what a proper cast will be.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
N
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

So a .410 projectile is G2G, but a projectile 19 thousandths of an in bigger, IE a .429 projectile is no good, due to it blowing right through...

Mackay has a way of summing schit up, and well.

A larger diameter projectile at the same speed does less damage, yea that's a head scratcher

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I will tell you why, it was the stupid junk from experts that said just use a FN or WFN. Yeah I fell into the trap. Internet experts. Gun rags that are worse.
Many promote such false information and it took me a while to wean out Just how bad you want others to follow you. I had sad results with a WLN so went to a WFN because of internet experts. What false junk, wish I could cuss!
I came to truth so don't blow smoke at me. I doubt you have any idea what what a proper cast will be.

So the bullet was junk because the deer died?

You make more and more sense with every post

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jwp475
]

A larger diameter projectile at the same speed does less damage, yea that's a head scratcher

Yep, and the 270 mm won't hurt even a rabbit. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Questioning whether Scott has a clue as to "a proper cast bullet"... That's some funny schit right there.

Perhaps we ought to drag HawkI in here so he can be "educated" on the subject as well.

Rather certain jwp475 and Whitworth should attend the "lessons", too.

It seems that we've now progressed from defensive shooting with a handgun (a subject bfr clearly hasn't a clue or any experience about), to deer hunting with a handgun. I think I'll just pull up a chair for this one, as I've only killed a handful of deer with handguns, though I know who knows their schit about the same.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Yes over 200 yards with no blood for 100 yards. Deer die but you need to have them in hand. Crawl on your hands and knees for hundreds of yards and show just how smart you are.
Another keyboard "Expert". WOW, you are so good you you can find deer spit on a twig. You see a blade of grass broken.
You are amazing so come here and find deer in a few seconds, Damned fool.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Yes over 200 yards with no blood for 100 yards. Deer die but you need to have them in hand. Crawl on your hands and knees for hundreds of yards and show just how smart you are.
Another keyboard "Expert". WOW, you are so good you you can find deer spit on a twig. You see a blade of grass broken.
You are amazing so come here and find deer in a few seconds, Damned fool.

You're right! I always say the bullet failed when a deer dies

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I say it a little different. I say the hunter failed if the deer runs away. Do it right and you don't need to look for a blood trail.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Questioning whether Scott has a clue as to "a proper cast bullet"... That's some funny schit right there.

Cast bullet? What is a cast bullet? Is that when you cast a sinker then tie it to a fishing line and cat it out into the water real fast? grin

Even then you don't want hard cast, it scares the fish, soft lead only.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I say it a little different. I say the hunter failed if the deer runs away. Do it right and you don't need to look for a blood trail.

Thinking about it. A.45 inch hole through both lungs is still gonna bleed...alot. i think he's full of scheit and probably ass shot it

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haldol and alcohol is BFR's issue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

i think he's full of scheit and probably ass shot it

Sounds about right. One of the most important things about hunting is knowing when not to shoot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thinking about it. A.45 inch hole through both lungs is still gonna bleed...alot. i think he's full of scheit and probably ass shot it

Some years back I shot a fat doe at maybe 20 yards, using a 44 Redhawk scooting a 300 grain XTP at a known 1310 fps. She goosed just as I broke the shot and I hit her high through the lungs about 6" behind the shoulder. She bled a lot and was easy to track but she made it 250 yards through some awful creekbed cover before I found her. Just a FWIW.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Some years back I shot a fat doe at maybe 20 yards, using a 44 Redhawk scooting a 300 grain XTP at a known 1310 fps. She goosed just as I broke the shot and I hit her high through the lungs about 6" behind the shoulder. She bled a lot and was easy to track but she made it 250 yards through some awful creekbed cover before I found her. Just a FWIW.

I don't doubt at all that a der could cover several hundred uards after being double lunged

I don't buy that he double lunged it and it didn't bleed

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
...One of the most important things about hunting is knowing when not to shoot.

I took a mule deer with a spine shot just in front of the shoulders with a 22 hornet in a handgun. Range was laser measured 240 yards and the deer dropped straight into it's shadow...Sure glad I am not and expert.

a mule deer at 240 yards with a .22 hornet in a handgun would fall into the category of "knowing when not to shoot" for 99% of the shooters that I know…..congratulations on one heck of shot. It does tend to make me think that you were being serious and not sarcastic in you're closing statement however.

Last edited by gmoats; 07/12/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.