-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I wanted to put together a neat little lever action 22lr for the kids (and for Dad grin ). I found a Browning Bl-22 here on the Fire. I had my gunsmith chop the barrel to 16" and thread it for a can.

For optics I wanted to slap a red dot or reflex sight of some kind on it to make things simpler for the kids. The problem was finding a picatinny rail that would work. As far as I could find, nobody makes one. Soooo...I talked to DIP, took some measurements of the dovetail, and they recommended the rail for the Henry 22 lever.

It fit like a champ on the dovetail, but the way the dovetail is designed on the BL-22, it can't be extended forward (cantilevered over the barrel), so I did a little modification. Hacksawed off a couple of inches, drilled and threaded a few extra set screw holes, and DONE.

Added a Primary Arms Micro Dot (the newer one with the push button adjustments) for optics. For the cherry on top I added a Gemtech GM-22 suppressor. Makes for a nice, quiet, compact package.

Gemtech is making a 3-lug adapter for 22lr cans that I'll add when it's out, which will make loading the rifle a lot easier. No more screwing the can on and off after 10 rounds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Neat little rifle. I'm bettin the kids will love it. I would.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Very cool! How do you like that Primary Arms red dot?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Very cool! How do you like that Primary Arms red dot?

Really like them in general, and the new push button model with the extended battery life is very nice!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Cool schit.

What ammo do you use?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hell, these days, anything I can find!

I have a decent stock of CCI Quiet though, and that stuff is stupid quiet through the can.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes, it is. I like the Aguila better than anything though.

But like you said, can't be choosy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
clark;

When you can find some again, try the CCI Subsonic LR HollowPoints. Quiet and they thump the Hell out of stuff.

That's a very neat rig you've set up there.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That IS quite a little rimfire.

Is it quiet too?

Love, Poobs, the spelling nazi.

Last edited by ingwe; 07/13/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
That IS quite a little rimfire.

Is it quiet too?

Love, Poobs, the spelling nazi.

Caught that and fixed it the other day. grin

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I does nose how to spull.... wink

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
clark;

When you can find some again, try the CCI Subsonic LR HollowPoints. Quiet and they thump the Hell out of stuff.

Will do. Don't know that I've ever seen that particular around here, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Originally Posted by 4ager
clark;

Will do. Don't know that I've ever seen that particular around here, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

No problem. I'll post up a pic tomorrow, if I can. WFN profile, like the SGB, but with a real HP (decent diameter and deep cavity) and very soft lead that expands quite well. The fired cases smell like Green Tag (likely the same primer and powder combination) and they are generally plenty accurate.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 62 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.