-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The elusive trophy Chipmunk does not like a 90 grain Blitz at 3150 fps out of a SAAMI 257 Bob.One of these days I'll put the Talley Lightweights on it and ditch the windage junk. [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Speakin' of AI's..............

Being a junk man at heart, I am always pickin' through other folks used items. Can't help it.

I picked up this action about 15 years ago. . The price was right and ya never can tell!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sako S491 action

A couple years later a fellow had a used Richards Microfit thumbhole stock for sale. Turns out it just happened to be glass bedded for a Sako S491 action. Couldn't resist.

Fast forward about 12 years and with all the hoopla on this forum about AI's I got the hankerin' for a small caliber chambering with a fast twist barrel. Turns out a friend had a 1 in 8" twist Shilen Select Match stainless barrel layin' around his shop. Even had a 223 AI reamer and a Vais brake.

Well, a few dollars traded hands. Next, I pulled out an old scope I'd basically gotten free from another deal and tossed the parts into a feed barrel and rolled it down a hill at my lease.

[Linked Image]

even had an audience. LOL

When I pulled the lid, dang if a Spare Parts Rifle didn't pop out.

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

Sako S491 action, Richards laminate thumbhole stock. Twenty-six inch Shilen Select Match Barrel, Vais Brake, chambered for 223 AI, Burris 8 x 32 Signature Scope.

Hadn't wrung it out yet but here are a few groups.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Now it gets kinda hot May through October, 113 to 114 degrees F during the day and I've seen it around 106 at 7 PM. Conseqently there are days in the summer when I sleep in and shoot at night.

What can be fun is to set up a ground blind, a Caldwell dead shot field pod and attach a Wicked lights green light that will illuminate a target and cross hairs at least 300 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Put some corn out in a line during the day and come back after dark and set a spell. Coons, bunnies and hoglet will come to the corn sooner or later. From time to time shine the light and pick up their eyes. I have an 8-32 Burris on this rig. So I just aim for the glowing eye.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Very nicely done if that's your junk your trash man gets his kids Christmas presents out of your can laugh

Last edited by fredIII; 07/12/15.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Wood, blue and bamboo

[Linked Image]

Nuther awesome pic... got gramammys 250 m99, cool old gun...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dandy "junker"... grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by geedubya
Now it gets kinda hot May through October, 113 to 114 degrees F during the day and I've seen it around 106 at 7 PM. Conseqently there are days in the summer when I sleep in and shoot at night.

What can be fun is to set up a ground blind, a Caldwell dead shot field pod and attach a Wicked lights green light that will illuminate a target and cross hairs at least 300 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Put some corn out in a line during the day and come back after dark and set a spell. Coons, bunnies and hoglet will come to the corn sooner or later. From time to time shine the light and pick up their eyes. I have an 8-32 Burris on this rig. So I just aim for the glowing eye.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

I love shootin stuff in the face!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Gawwddamned Fhuqk...The Twatly Trifecta went and done had a Slumber Party on their BWT! There was certainly some pavement pounded,pics plagiarized and some "hard charging" vicarious "living" knocked outta Da' Park this weekend!

I'm crying...I'm laughing soooooooooo fhuqking hard! The McClintock Effect has aligned Biological Clocks and the Red Sea "rages" unrelenting in it's accumulative "power".

Woot!

Judmam,

Why is it that in every pic,you've got your piehole puckered in position to suck a bowling ball through 50' of garden hose. Birth Defect? Or just "lucky"?!?

Who's peectures you plan on swiping next,beings your's just won't go the distance?!? Laughing!

Here's to the sweet "satisfactions" that must be your's,as you set puckered up on the outside looking in and just cain't ever make the cut.

Bless your heart and here's to your "best".

Laughing!................

heavysquawker,

Book the DNA Testing today?

Laughing!

How many times on a given day,do you cite me? Couple/few thousand anyhow? The REM Tally would be plum fhuqking fascinating!

You really should enter yourself into The Guinness Book under Man Crush and be certain to accompany the submission with pics,then denote plainly,how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Then say you "don't care" and "could too".

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!................

fredrica,

Oh myyyyyyyyyyy...that is some real "serious" wares you've got there. Laughing!

"Datum" was a nice touch,for someone who cain't find 450fps. As per always,it's funnier than fhuqk to be regaled with how "real" your Imagination and it's Pretend,is to you.

Spill some more of them "particulars".

Laughing!..................

g',

I've never been around a Baby Sako 223AI before,say a leetle sumptin' about COAL latitude,in relation with the throat and twist rate. Hint. Pardon my 18" 5.56 Middie Krunchenticker,squirting the 68BTHP at the speeds you are "enjoying" outta your 26" Braked UBER Goat Fhuqk. Just sayin'.

See if'n you can pick it out. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Speakin' of 18"...I have it on good authority that C-Note squirts a 75A-Max kiss at 2.445" at 3050fps. If only in fairness AM mags will happily go to 2.550" as a minimum,if only cited elsewhere and yet still flying over your pointy head. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Mebbe say a leetle sumptin' too,in regards to how them Burris 4-16,6-24 and 8-32's(I've suffered 'em all) hold/retain zero,both in regards to ACTUAL use and something as mundane as zoom selector shifts. Then quip a smidge on the amazingly modest erector "travel" and laughable eye-relief. In no particular fhuqking order. Laughing!

You and The Twatly Trifecta oughtta align a Fall Fence Hop and really take humor to a whole 'nother level...by simply doing your best. Take lotsa pics and plagiarize as you must.

Don't forget the cat food for fredrica's Tabby.

Laughing!

Kudos on citing The Guided Rubbed Rat "Bear" as being a "mercy" killing.

Good Talk.

Wow +P++!!!.................

'nm,

How CLOSE have you come to shooting the Six-Bits Ultra that you've been posting pics of for months?

Thought so.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

scenar',

Judmam sucked that picture in offa the 'net,with her permanently affixed vaccuum lips and then "accidentally" took credit.

Do NOT slight how "real" Imagination and Pretend are to The Paper Hat Brigade and especially The Twatly Trifecta within.

FUNNY schit!...................

SuperKchunt,

Wowwwwww...that was CLOSE!

You "almost" nearly hung a pic that you didn't steal from another!

Almost.

Laughing!...................

steelhead,

I tend to rock Retro Old School when streamside,myself...as well as travel light.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just how I roll.................(grin)

TC1,

Oh I doubt I consume much more than their every thought,every second of every day and fuel their Imaginations and collective Pretend,so they can feverishly plagiarize,imitate and "not care"...while they patiently await something for "free" as a Trump Card. As well as those of "their" kids and "Wives". Fairly fhuqking EPIC Humor(dat's what we in da' bidness call a "gross understatement")!

Bless their hearts.

I'm on the ropes.

Laughing!

Don't take much of a cast and then they'll start "telling" folks stuff,while obliviously reiterating the above and Hoppin' Fences.

"Luckily" for them,Imagination and Pretend ARE free!.................

'lx,

Don't fret it. With "only" a mounting system swap,scope swap,stock swap and barrel swap...you might could have sumptin'.

See...there's ALWAYS a bright side?!?

Laughing!

Mebbe if you PM Judmam,she'll give you some reloading "advice" and can tell you the name of fredrica's cat?!?

I just took a bow!..............

Don't you gals let fredrica's cat get your tongues,nor the couch your kchunts.

Keep on "hard charging" as only you Drooling Dumbfhuqks can!

Ohhhhhhhh soooooooooooo fhuqking WOW+P++++!....................

(Addendum: for a Twat)

fredrica,

You CLUELESS Kchunt...there's less than zero need for anyone to "get" you,if only because noone could begin to as accurately correlate what an AMAZING Dumbfhuqk you are,as well as you do. Hint.

Keep scouring the sidewalk for something "free" and PLEASE post a pic of your Cat.

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Larry boy you really got me that time. laugh

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
She's on a roll fredrica, she was a little quiet, must be on her "hitch" eating high carb food...

Laura, judging from the graduation "portrait" , you have a whole herd of mouth breathers!!! Lmfao.

PS, I didn't steal that one either, like scenars buddy's pic, it was sent to me, but your welcome to your imagination... congratulations??? Hola!!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
B,

I think this should be your "anthem" or theme song.........

You and I have had the pleasure of going back and forth for quite a spell now. First on AR and then here. As sharp a guy as you are I sometime wonder whether you just don't get it or won' admit it. We don't travel the same path. Never have and never will.

I'm reminded of the story of the young man that was burning up the roads in his speedster. He passes a cop running radar doing about 40 mph above the speed limit. When the cop finally gets him pulled over and walks up the the driver's window he tells the young man, "Son, I've been waiting for someone just like you all day" The young man replies, "Officer, I got here as fast as I could."
By now you ought to realize that with me, it's not always about being the fastest or shooting the furthest. Never has been, never will be.

So with that in mind, here are multiple groups, some fire-forming loads as well as using formed brass...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[/IMG][/URL]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Each group was shot off a rest at a distance of 100 yds. at the Pearland Shooters’ Club range.
I had 222's and 223's and 22-250's and 220 swifts. However all were factory with slow twists. In the past I've not shot many hog or deer size critters with .224 bullest. I thought it might be fun to load bullets heavier that 55 grainers. If velocity was all I was interested in I could have always done a 224TTH.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What I like about this rig is that its reasonably accurate, heavy enough, taken with the muzzle brake, you can see the impact of the bullet, and it shoots 36 grainers through 82 grainers to within 1/2" of the same POI. I like that a lot, and I got less than 12 Benjamins invested.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/13/15.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

'lx,

Don't fret it. With "only" a mounting system swap,scope swap,stock swap and barrel swap...you might could have sumptin'.

See...there's ALWAYS a bright side?!?

Laughing!

Mebbe if you PM Judmam,she'll give you some reloading "advice" and can tell you the name of fredrica's cat?!?

I just took a +P++ in my cock holster ..............

[/quote]

No reason to do anything but swap out scope mounts but thanks anyway.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by geedubya
Ya'

can't imagine who'd own a blue steel/wood Sako..........

[Linked Image]
just came in. Sako Bavarian, 6.5 x 55.

[Linked Image]

7MM-08 and 222 Mag

[Linked Image]
222 Rem, Riihimaki
Model 85 Bavarian Carbine, 308 Win.
L61R Varmint, 7Mag..

just for starters.

Best,

GWB

G,

That SWEED is super Sweet!

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.