Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Paladin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Sorry man, didn't remember your issue with it. I have been tracking this for sometime now, and I'm up to 14 documented doublings with Merkels, and a few even with bent triggers

No worries Jorge. Heck, I can't remember what I did yesterday half the time. Every trigger on every firearm I own has a bent trigger. I find bent triggers fit my finger much better and are more aesthetically appealing than straight ones. grin

Of the 14 documented, are any of those suspect, as in shooter error, or second or third hand? In other words, do you know how many from actual Merkel owners?

Also, of the 14 documented, do you know how many are still living with the doubling issue, or have they all been resolved?

I know I was counting as well for a while, but at the time I didn't think to ask where the information came from and don't remember how many instances were from actual owners.

I know mine was one, that's the only one I know of from an actual owner.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
DF: I have not been able to discern between old and new, just raw numbers and one gent at DSC (I wish I could remember his name) that participated in a Big Bore gunshoot and the Merkel rep quietly folded up his wares after a couple of them doubled.

I haven't heard anything in the past year or so. I would find it rather odd that a firearms maker would not bother to rectify any deficiency once it came to light.

Can anyone tell me of one firearms manufacturer that hasn't had problems at one time or another? Some have been in business for well over a hundred years so you would think they would have a handle on production, but it still happens.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Paldin: All the ones I mentioned were from folks who assured it was not a trigger strumming issue. All the affected rifles were fixed by Merkel promptly (the ones I heard of anyway, including three Merkel owners at my range here in Jax), and maybe Merkel has addressed the issue.
The last I heard of one was a couple of months ago (?)over on AR. Lastly, ALL manufacturers have at one time or another, had issues, no question about it, but they've covered many maladies. With the Merkel, the doubling issue has been a pretty constant complaint since I've been into doubles anyway, and had it not been for the fact I really liked the Verney, I would have wound up with a Merkel anyway. J

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Paladin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you Jorge.

I didn't figure you for one that didn't have his ducks in a row, I just haven't kept up.

I'm going to be very disappointed if Merkel hasn't fixed the issue after all this time. Maybe some are like mine, older, unfired guns that are finally being used.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nice to see one in action! I looked at them at the NRA show in Nashville and the .500NE tugged at me real hard. I've got one of their 28ga doubles and it's a real peach.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 73 invisible), 2,996 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.