Tradition, Preservation, People, Improvement
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the horizon
Georgia, DC, Germany, Colorado, California, Alaska, South Dakota
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Same here on my end, too. The dates are all like that for everything before Yesterday going as far back as you want to go.

I've cleared my cookies multiple times, rebooted my PC, with no change. It's the same whether using IE or Firefox.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry, I don't understand.

Explain please.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Sorry, I don't understand.

Explain please.

On my end your profile shows this: "Registered: 0404/1414/02020202", for the date you registered for membership here when it should show: 04/14/02.

All dates prior to "Yesterday" going back as far as you can go are showing this way now on my end.

It's been this way since this last performance issue Ric Bin had with the 24 Hour Campfire forum.

There's also no time of the day posted on anything prior to "Yesterday", either.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks, Ric/Sysops.

The dates are showing up correct now on my end, but, FYI - there's still nothing showing for the time posts/replies were made on anything prior to "Yesterday". I don't know if it means something but in my "Edit Preferences" - "Current server time" is showing, "07/20/15" - instead of hours/minutes like it always used to.

Thanks, again!

Last edited by joken2; 07/20/15.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My computer is an HP Pavillion 20-b010Z, All in One, flat screen monitor with computer built in. 1.4 GHz, 2 GB Ram, Windows 8, upgraded to 8.1.

I don't see the date time problems here. Badabooms posted date display is showing; 07//15/15 08:21 PM !

Up in the other forums the extreme right/last column shows a variety of time referenced; some "yesterday", some with date and some with date and time.

This website underwent quite a rough patch over the last couple of weeks. I had problems but only with Internet Explorer MSN. Not Firefox or Chrome. 3-4 days ago the IE-MSN problems began to clear up. I received a long update from them. Then next day another with 28. First one took 10-15 minutes to install. Now all is fine, working good.

What is missing here is your type of computer, desk top, lap top, phone. I-Pad or other. Operating system, performance specs, age.

Also what hasn't been determined is where the past website problems came from. Hackers, corruptions, other. While I was having problems it was said that my IE - MSN was corrupted. After the updates it wasn't any longer. Too the webmaster said apparently that he/they had taken some actions on their website. *( Not specified ).

So to try to analyze this logically and methodically, first let me ask if you still have the problem or did it go away before we pursue the matter further ?

* My computer never experienced your problems.

* My computer had problems in IE-MSN and not in Firefox or Chrome.

* The are many different makes of computers as well as sizes, speeds, Ram, Gigabytes, capabilities, ages.

* There are various operating systems and additionally ages and advances within any given OS.

It cannot be assumed that one size fits all. It cannot be assumed that apples are apples across the board.

Indeed it can get frustrating as well as mystifying to see the various aspects of the problem change from day to day without a final resolution. The changes are due to a big number of different people with their fingers in the soup.

So if anyone wants to pursue this further then I suggest that you give us your status as of today and specify the precise problems and also state any changes from previous.

With any kind of luck we may get to the bottom of it and resolve the matter.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe

I don't see the date time problems here.

That's because its fixed now....

You're late to the show Bill E.T.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting conclusion.

Now to finalize we need some supporting testimony from those people who were affected i/e. confirmation.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
same here

As a plus, we have the LRNs back too!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2
Thanks, Ric/Sysops.

The dates are showing up correct now on my end, but, FYI - there's still nothing showing for the time posts/replies were made on anything prior to "Yesterday". I don't know if it means something but in my "Edit Preferences" - "Current server time" is showing, "07/20/15" - instead of hours/minutes like it always used to.

Thanks, again!

Also, in my, "Edit Display Preferences", clicking on the, "What time format do you want to use?" button, the drop down option window is blank now.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Joken2

Sorry to hear that.

I just checked mine, Using Internet Explorer - MSN and it did drop down just fine. The problem is not coming from the website.

It may not be easy or practical for you to re-install your operating system software. Some allow additional installs free, and some not.

In the past I had more than my fair share of headaches going through the learning curve and tinkering around I managed to delete the wrong "stuff" and committed other rather egregious infractions too.

Your problem appears to be coming from your computer/software. I have a Guruaid on contract annually and they tell me that when that happens they can't fix it.

Seems to me that your problems may be coming from:

#1. Corrupted software.
#2. Possibly deleted elements.
#3. Under capacity of computer.
#4. Outdated or older software.

Only you will know which may apply as we do not have any information about your setup and system.

I hesitate to make recommendations but let me say that I have been at this for a very long time and I found that back in the old days computers lasted a lot longer than they do now. I had computers that crapped out on me in 3 years and I accumulated quite an impressive collection in my house which I trashed periodically. I still have 3 here.

I'm a Hewlett Packard guy. I had many very happy experiences with them. They have come out with some fantastic bargains periodically. The last one I bought, *( Specs posted above ) cost me $444. It's the flat screen 20" monitor with built in computer. A desk top. It takes up no more space that a regular monitor. Excellent, fast, trouble free, huge capability, really good clarity and color of monitor.

Incidentally I also have their Deskjet Pro 8600 printer. It is very advanced, works trouble free and produces excellent prints.

If you want to keep this thread going to resolve your issues I will be happy to work with you.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/21/15.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
William E, Tibbe,

Thanks for your suggestions and concern but I'm certain the problem I (as well as others) had with the weird multiple digit date was a site related issue and not a computer, software, set-up/adjustment, etc., on my end as evidenced by the fact that it is displaying dates correctly now. I made absolutely no changes whatsoever on my end so obviously it must have been site related and as such was corrected by this site's owner and/or Sysops.

I just checked mine, Using Internet Explorer - MSN and it did drop down just fine. The problem is not coming from the website.

The drop down window opens up just fine for me too when I click on the "What time format do you want to use?" button. My point is once the window opens up there are no time format options to choose from now at all,...it is totally blank,... but it did offer options before this last forum glitch/re-do. I used to be able to look back at old posts weeks, months, years old and the date as well as the time they were made was displayed on each posts header.

It may well be that this is the way it is going to stay now. If so, OK, I'm simply pointing out some things to the webmaster I am seeing on my end that aren't the way they were before this most recent issue this forum went through.

My computer is several years old but it does have right at 1 Ghz larger processor and 2 gig more RAM than you say your's has so I really doubt mine is anywhere close to being under capacity simply to browse this site.

One of the most common things when members report having problems here is not everyone experiences the exact same problems and many won't be having any problems whatsoever.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Joken2

Not only do I agree completely with your assessment but I also experienced the same missing date selections in the drop down box mentioned in your post.

Looks like the vast majority of problems have been remedied.

But constant vigilance is the price. I have Guruaid go over my computer 2 - 3 times a year and they always find things. Norton scans me constantly and always finds problems.

Problems with the website itself are, of course, beyond our reach. I had to guess it would be probably Trojan Horses, hackers or parasites.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/22/15.

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (338reddog, 2500HD, 83mvp, 3333vl, 808outdoors, 4th_point, 10 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,123
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.