Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is the stock/chassis deal aluminum?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
For the shooter who wants a chassis rifle, this turnkey rig has a lot of nice features built into it.

Price looks to be well below the cost of building one from a traditional 700 or similar.

Ruger has really been thinking outside the box, and paying attention to trends in custom firearms.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
sick Somewhere in a Cementary, Bill Ruger is rolling over in his grave!

At about 6500 RPM.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I wouldn't be afraid to have one of those rifles in a box blind where I can stretch something out.

Ruger deserves credit for trying. Everything can't be a home run.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Owner of the LGS close by got to shoot one of these at the Ruger prairie dog shoot in June. He says they were hitting out to 1200 yds with the creedmoor. This guy is a salesman and a novice shooter, so it must be an accurate rifle or platform. They did have NF scopes mounted on them.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Darrik,

I hear the same thing about the tactical-competitor crowd now far out-numbering hunters from optics manufacturers, at least about amount of product sold, and what they're willing to pay. The average hunter wants both his rifle and his scope to cost less than $500, and might still be hunting with a rifle/scope handed down through the family. Tactical/competitive shooters will buy whatever they think can help them win.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Tactical/competitive shooters will buy whatever they think can help them win.

Especially the ones that never shoot. grin

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
aren't those the same guys that buy expensive customs to not shoot?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Its good for the anti gun bastard, hope the worms spin with his worthless corpse too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

Its good for the anti gun bastard, hope the worms spin with his worthless corpse too.

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

Interesting reading on Bill Ruger. I had no idea until I read your post.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Oregon45
I like how Ruger likes to sell guns. Just think, the sales of these rifles likely subsidize the continued production of low-volume sellers like the Ruger #1.

BINGO!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Sorry, I disagree and I shoot silhouette competitively on a regular basis. The most serious and best competitive shooters also own the most/best expensive toys/tools. Regardless, the best shooters always come out on top but it ain't because of their toys.

It's the Indian and not the arrow... wink

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN

Sorry, I disagree and I shoot silhouette competitively on a regular basis. The most serious and best competitive shooters also own the most/best expensive toys/tools. Regardless, the best shooters always come out on top but it ain't because of their toys.

It was a joke, Mr. Chicken Shooter.

Dave

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
For those that don't understand these rifles were built specifically for PRS matches. For that, it IS a home run. Just like all other groups, hunters (and LR competitors) have a very myopic view of rifles/scopes/equipment not having any knowledge of what works in the other field.

Chassis aare the future of precision field guns. The only bolt guns that are used in the military any more have chassis, with the last hold outs being the Marines, and they have corrected that with the M40A6.

As far as guys playing "sniper", thank god. Because without civilian competitors, the military would still be shooting equipment from 1970 and using techniques from 1950.....the civilian competition community is 20-30 years a ahead of most of the military/police in skill and equipment.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never seen proficiency as a negative. Apparently many look at it as such, likely because it takes doing.

I'm guessing there are a few around here that only own a crescent wrench.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Formidilosus pretty much got to the crux of the issue. These new rifles take nothing away from anyone that doesn't use them, and the benefits of the interest in long range shooting bleeds over into most of other rifle sports.
Better scopes, better bullets, better barrels, and maybe even a little more knowledge about hitting little things a long way away is not a bad thing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

As far as guys playing "sniper", thank god. Because without civilian competitors, the military would still be shooting equipment from 1970 and using techniques from 1950.....the civilian competition community is 20-30 years a ahead of most of the military/police in skill and equipment.

This guy's a goddammed cyber-bully is what he is.

Travis

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Just like Shrapnel, only difference is Shrapnel has that retard strength thing going on. Bless his heart...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

I was a competitive shooter and I disagree. Give the best shooters mediocre gear and ammo, they will do fine, but you will find that I never knew a top shooter with mediocre gear.

It is a LOT of indian, but it is the top arrows that finish the job. Those are the ones that can USE the best arrow and get something out of it.

Then again the best arrows are not factory made. Ask Ruger how their Palma attempt went that time...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting article. I knew about some of it, but not all. Quisling is the best descriptor for him to be sure. The current direction his company is taking is poetic justice.

Contrast him with Chuck Heston, who at great personal cost defended his beliefs and our rights.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

130 members (44mc, 280ACKIMP, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 14 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,513
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.