deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
DG,

My rail is flat.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I ended up trying a new load in my Montana and it differs from the load I was using in the Tikka. I want to be able to pump them all out on the progressive so I tested it in the CTR yesterday.

10 shots about as fast as I could get settled and pull the trigger. Pulled bullets. Three different brands of brass. 15-20mph winds @ 110yds. That's a 1 1/2" dot.

[Linked Image]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave
varmintsinc,

The ejection problem seems here to stay if you work the bolt hard.

Travis

Only seems to happen with the Uber Chicken though.... with a Leupold (TTs or M1s) in the rings I haven't had it happen.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Yes. Definitely a scope/turret issue and not a rifle issue.

I should stop being lazy and move things around.

Travis

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The combination of low rings and that huge f'n windage knob on the SS cause ejection issues on a lot of actions.... not just the Tikka.

You could move stuff around.... or, grab a six-pack and watch 'Sniper'. Pay attention to Tom Berringer and how he catches the brass as he opens the action. It's a simple solution... you get half drunk.... and you get to watch Billy Zane shoot a dude from a moving helicopter with a Bassoon.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Here's the only groups I've shot suppressor attached.... 123s with Varget, H4350, and IMR 4064.

[Linked Image]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
DS,

Thanks buddy. I just filed the tips of all my bullets so they'll be extra accurate.

Travis

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
The combination of low rings and that huge f'n windage knob on the SS cause ejection issues on a lot of actions.... not just the Tikka.

You could move stuff around.... or, grab a six-pack and watch 'Sniper'. Pay attention to Tom Berringer and how he catches the brass as he opens the action. It's a simple solution... you get half drunk.... and you get to watch Billy Zane shoot a dude from a moving helicopter with a Bassoon.

I had the same issue with my CTR and the SS 3-15 in Seekins lows. I have since swapped it for the Bushy LRHS, problem solved. I'd like to put the SS back on the CTR if I could make it work (without the Berringer trick I mean), any chance going to mediums (.97 vs. .82" on the lows) would solve this issue you think? I don't have any on hand but might order a set if it's likely to work.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Ok, I shot a buddy's CTR and love it. My thought is to sell my T3 in 7-08 to fund a CTR in 308. The problem is prices jump around quite a bit. Does anyone know who has the best prices on the non stainless CTR's? I know 260 does a bit more, but I already have a 280AI for distance and am sitting on quite a bit of 308. I am also thinking that with at limbsaver and a muzzlebrake, my teenage daughter could shoot it with no issue.

I know this is an older thread, but y'all seem to know quite a bit more than me on this.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I haven't seen any big differences in price when it comes to the CTR to be honest with you.

Mine isn't braked but my suppressor acts as a break and you can shoot it all day with 155's.

Travis

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Whittaker guns and Bud's have had the best advertised prices on the CTR.

D
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by deflave
I forgot to add that this rifle fails to eject about 50% of the time if you leave the mag full.

Travis

Magazine issue?

The Tikka bottom metal or the Sako TRGs bottom metal?

I have AICS on mine and couldn't be happier.

[Linked Image]

Hey David,

What stock is this? It's very nice.

Daz
Australia

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought a new stainless Ctr 308 for about $600 on a clearance. I am having some ejection issues but I have low rings and a 10x SS on it. I've only had it out once and it did ok with 155 scenars over varget but I think it can do better.

Bb

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Anybody out there know where I can find an extra magazine for my Tekka CTR 6.5Creed? Or is there another brand mag that will work???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread is Risen!

Just curious if T3x are ejecting maux betta w SS scopes? Thinking bout one Faux Whittaker .22/250.

Still have Mk 4 T1 on CTR 260. It still is .5 or less. The Fed 120 BT load shoots and kills so well I've not even hand loaded for it yet.

Killing deer with it suppressed is too fun.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Just finished a CTR for a Tikka fan. Bell and Carlson's new #1046 T3 CTR Target/Competition stock.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fast is Fine but Accuracy is Final.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
That looks awesome Gunner! Those CTR's can shoot! Regret selling mine, if they could only sell a more affordable magazine!

Good Shooting!
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I've always been a fan of the T3's and when the CTR came out I was in. Long time TRG owner so it was nice to see a lower cost option. On the mags I usually direct folks here as they are about the best price I've found. http://www.eurooptic.com/S54065122-Tikka-T3-Compact-Tactical-Rifle-CTR-Magazine-260.aspx

Fast is Fine but Accuracy is Final.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bumping this to pick the brains of ctr owners out there.
I'm about to buy a 6.5 creedmoor ctr and was planning on putting a 6x swfa SS on it. Does anybody know if there is still an ejection issue with the t3x and the SS windage knob?

Also, are the 5 round ctr magazines shorter than the 10 round ones or are they just 10s that are blocked off?

Thanks

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No 5-rounders available.

The “ejection” issue with the T3 is no different than any other rifle I’ve run a SS on. Sometimes brass bounces off that big knob and ends up back in the open action. I’ve had it happen with Rems and Rugers too.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,682 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.