Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If I leave brass its for the grounds keeper who is a volunteers and recycling is his form of payment per say. Great old retired guy that lives near buy. I also know he would never sell it as usable brass and that it goes to the melting pot once in his possession.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I call em like I see em.......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Open your eyes then. My 60 year old dad hunts with an AR. It's a great platform and has nothing to do with stupid, people manage that all on their own.

Starting to think you need a few AR's. Might up your cool factor.

Last edited by fredIII; 07/19/15.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Let me guess you really like Jim Zumbo. crazy

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Just step on worn out cases to prevent that.

+1

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did score some once fired 300 weatherby brass close 60 pieces I was like holy [bleep] someone with more money than sense was here today. It was once fired weatherby brass too.
On a side note its not the guys with AR's that bother me its the folks with pistols... Majority of AR shooters a good guys. If I see them struggling with them I offer up advice to them.

Last edited by 79S; 07/19/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore

You'd never give a new driver a race car, but lotsa newbies toting AR's. If someone is going to do stupid schit at a range, you can bet money he'll be shooting an AR.

Some of the dumbest things I've seen at the range were done by guys with bolt action rifles. In on case a cease fire had been called and guys were walking down range. One guy stayed behind with his daughter and was fiddling with hist rifle, which was in a rest and pointed down range. When I called his attention to the fact that firearms could not be handled during a cease fire, he took the .308 Win round in his hand and put it in the open action. He then started to close the bolt until I got him to stop.

A couple weeks ago I was at the range and another guy was fiddling with his rifle during a ceasefire. When I called his attention to it he removed the bolt and said "It's OK now, the bolt is out", then started messing with the rifle again, in the rest and pointed down range. He had to be told again that range rules prohibit handling firearms during a ceasefire. Some guys are just slow between the ears.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 07/19/15. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
I did score some once fired 300 weatherby brass close 60 pieces I was like holy [bleep] someone with more money than sense was here today. It was once fired weatherby brass too.
On a side note its not the guys with AR's that bother me its the folks with pistols... Majority of AR shooters a good guys. If I see them struggling with them I offer up advice to them.

I've seen a lot of idiots at my clubs range in the past. We now have RSO's and members with guests can only shoot there. It filters out a whole lot of stupid. Now we shut the big steel gate when we shoot to keep the stupid out... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't remember commenting on the platform. Do you have the matching fingerless gloves and 511 gear too?

Get some!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

You'd never give a new driver a race car, but lotsa newbies toting AR's. If someone is going to do stupid schit at a range, you can bet money he'll be shooting an AR.

I must have missed your intention with the race car, AR comment and the AR shooters being stupid or doing stupid schit.

You are a Jim Zumbo fan no. Lol

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Would a pair of gloves not look funny if they did not match? Let me guess you wear the Michael Jackson one white jewel crested glove to the range. TFF. GOT SOME

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't remember commenting on the platform. Do you have the matching fingerless gloves and 511 gear too?

Get some!

No, I don't have fingerless gloves or 511 gear. Didn't even know even know what 511 gear was until I googled it. I do have a baseball cap and sometimes I turn it around backwards when shooting as having the scope hit it is pretty annoying.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He's talking to me we are just to lazy to click reply at the end of the person we are responding to post

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They say taking it in the ass isn't bad, but I'll take your word for it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
511 makes nice well put together gear. You would think ear plugs and lip rings would piss old guys off but there grandkids all have them so they have to bit the tongue. And bittcchh about 511 and AR PLATFORM rifles. Wonder if some day I will be sitting at the range with my AR pissed off about those darn kids and their laser rifles.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
laugh you are a modern day Red Skeleton. Go get your white glove out of the garbage can and man up and admit AR's are nice weapon systems and your generalization was I touch out of line.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They say taking it in the ass isn't bad, but I'll take your word for it.

Not sure who your hanging out with that says this but it kinda confirms the white glove theory I had. buy an AR you will love it bolt action accurate and lighting fast follow up shots.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by strut64
I am a little OCD about range brass. I do not pick it up to reload however. I recycle it. Last time I took (had about 2/3 of a 5 gal bucket)range brass to the scrap dealer I got about $35.00 for it.

That's a good discount on the cost of some virgin brass. Not to change the subject too too much, but I sold some 300WSM and 338WM brass I had lying around for years to folks on the Fire. My cousin got drawn for Bull Elk and now I'm having to buy some new brass.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The kids with the lips rings listen the first time. You gotta really watch the preppers though. I'd did have one tell me that government was taking everything and I'd better stock up for when the schit hits the fan. He didn't like that I was just going to take his schit if it "gets bad"...

Now that's funny..........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two best hauls of range brass I've had were some 25-06 factory stuff a guy and his father were shooting at a station near me. They had about 6 boxes and were both shooting their rifles.
When they finished, I asked if they reloaded and was told no, I could have them. 150 1x fired cases went home with me that day. They're now on their 5th and final, reload.

The second one was at a trap/skeet/SC club I frequented in Indiana. My neighbor and I pulled up just as the local youth club was finishing up.
As they were walking off I noticed all of these pretty green hulls lying there. Same as the first one, they didn't reload and I was welcome to them. I made a 'deal' with him there in then that for every 500 of those hulls he would have his kids pick up, I'd give his youth group $20. The deal was made and each time I went out there I was given a bag full of Remington STS 12 gauge hulls. Mixed in were some Remington 20 hulls as well.

Now, I'll pick up some brass and leave others. If I know a friend shoots a particular caliber, I'll pick some of that stuff up for them. Otherwise, I just sweep it up and put it in the brass box for the range.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,988 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.