Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thank you. My partner and I took your place. We are already scheduled for next year (2016) and she called to tell us she had room for us (2015) and we jumped at the chance. We were going to hunt the area anyway, camping up the road. But now we get to hunt letting the guide do the work. I hope you get the chance to hunt with her in the future.

Thanks again.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by skywalker
Talked to Van again yesterday, never got a call back from Jeff. Waiting on a response from a friend who may go with me. Should finalize this week hopefully.

Jeff has been traveling, I'll let him know to look for your message

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ro1459
Thank you. My partner and I took your place. We are already scheduled for next year (2016) and she called to tell us she had room for us (2015) and we jumped at the chance. We were going to hunt the area anyway, camping up the road. But now we get to hunt letting the guide do the work. I hope you get the chance to hunt with her in the future.

Thanks again.

Good deal. Glad someone from here was able to get those slots. Let me know how you do on your hunt. Best Wishes

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Will do. Sorry you wont be hunting up there but we will enjoy the comfort.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Had a message when I got home from church.....plan to call him tomorrow.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Talked to Jeff, nice guy.

Anyone hunted elk in Idaho? Appears easier to get a tag and about the same costs........

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm looking to go to Idaho next year. Would love to know about guides in Idaho also

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Tally_Ho
Jeff Lester - Hunt Hard Outfitters
Van Hale - Van Hale Outfitters

I have hunted with both in Arizona, Unit 1/2 and Unit 27, and have friends who have hunted New Mexico with them. I am hunting with Jeff Lester in New Mexico, Unit 16A, this October. Both are top notch,good luck!

Neither one is anywhere near top notch. I know both well. They will get the job done but there are probably better options if you are serious. Jeff is pretty heavily vested in his apparel and pack lines, Van is a numbers guy. If you want personal service, there are better options. Neither one of these guys are going to actually guide you so who knows what you will get.

I have guided for Steve Chappell and he is as good as it gets when it comes to making sure you are taken care of. There are some other guys that consistently kill nice bulls too.

All this talk about Arizona is a moot point as you have no chance of drawing a decent tag here as a non-resident with no points. You are better off looking in Colorado or private land in NM. I have no opinion on anyone's guiding business in New Mexico including Van and Jeff. Good luck in your quest.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's in Wyoming but you might consider Bald Mountain Outfitters, a very veteran outfitter out of Pinedale. Hunts the Wind River Range six days actual hunting with a day on both ends for going in, coming out. Under $5500. You can get a bull tag with one preference point which you can buy this summer online. However there are even bull tags usually left over for purchase in July (I.e., next summer). If you fill early you can fish on your tag in nearby lakes. Bear tags are OTC but you only see them when you don't have a tag.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you for info. Email sent with contact info to Bald Mountain.

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I hunted with Salt River Range Outfitters last year- my dad and I both killed elk on our first elk hunt. $3100 and you should be able to get the tag with one PP. Everyone in camp didn't get an elk, but I would say most did. I looked a lot before booking a hunt, didn't find anyone with a success rate as good as SRRO for the price they sell their hunts at. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more info.

Heal quickly and don't scar.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.