24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My grandmother used to take an aspirin before bedtime every night.

She died at 102

At some point, you've got to just enjoy your life. I think all the things we do to prolong it don't add much; it's genetic.

My gal's a hospice nurse. Her motto is "eat your dessert first!"

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did she take out a life insurance policy on you?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have bone on bone pain in my elbows from various injuries and overuse. Acupuncture, which I tried after reading an article in the Wall Street Journal on broad recognition for its use for chronic pain, worked like a miracle for one elbow and did nothing for the other. I was pretty happy to get halfway there; that's my bow arm.

I've been told that pain meds work at different levels on different individuals, and it occurs at the level of the pain receptors--the point being you have to try an array to locate the most effective one for you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I tried acupuncture five or six years ago. No pain relief whatsoever.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just wanted to resurrect this thread and make an observation on this subject. I believe diet has a huge effect on inflammation and pain from chronic arthritis like I have in my ankle. Normally I’m pretty careful about what I eat. I try to minimize refined starches and sugar, fried food, processed food, saturated fat, and eat lots of nuts, fish, and vegetables.
I just got back from four days in Birmingham visiting my brother and his wife. We watched a lot of football and ate out a lot, zero physical activity. Which should ease the pain in an arthritic ankle. But my diet was just about 180 degrees from what I’m used to. I’m not bagging on southern cooking; I grew up with it and love it. My favorite meal on this trip was at SAW’s barbecue, named after the proprietor, “sorry ass Wilson.” It was called pork and greens, but was much more than that. A base layer of cheese grits, with a layer of collards on top (complete with fatback), a layer of pulled pork on top of that, and a layer of fried onion rings on top of everything. We ate out at least once a day, and we ate hard. Lots of fried stuff, lots of starch, lots of sugary deserts and saturated fat.
When I got home on Sunday evening my ankle hurt worse than it has in months, after four days of sitting on my ass watching TV. I’m convinced diet had a lot to do with that.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Agree on the sugar. More so as the years add up. Like most things the young get a pass.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your diet is definitely the issue. You can't ignore specific groups; a good diet won't and is balanced.

It's quite obvious that you have a deficiency in the anti-inflammatory group. Naproxen/Ibuprofen/Meloxicam has an RDA

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nope, I've used 'em all including some you didn't mention and some that have been taken off the shelf by FDA.

Ibuprofen works best for me. I was up to 2000 mg/day in AK but that's not where you want to be day in, day out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
smokepole, I hope your day is going well.

I enjoed your story about your visit and bbq "adventure". Sorry to hear it would not be beneficial to your ankle to eat that way every day. SAW's meal sounded delicious!

I do not know if you consider vitamin C tablets "natural" and I'm trying to stay on topic. I have read the earlier posts and some folks mentioning a few "pill" type remedies.

I take 2000mg of Ester C every day after having tried it on an old dog with severe hip dysplasia, this after reading an article (this one?) along these lines:

http://www.yourdoghealth.com/dog_ester-c_study.htm

It helped with his mobility and he had a couple of more years of activity before getting quite aged and I ended up having to lift his big a-- into the car/truck.

I started taking it quite a number of years back and it seems to help.

I've got "moderate to severe arthritis in my hands from age and use, use, use (her exact words)" according to the docs office. I had a case of giardiaisis in 2008 and decided to stop taking my dailies as everything went right thru, quickly. No point in flushing money. I noticed a day or two after stopping that my hands hurt worse than they had in years. Almost immediately after the "bugs" were gone and I went back on the vit. C my hands got better. Now that I also have arthritis in my lower back, knee, and probably other places, I'm afraid to stop for any length of time.

Oh, I'm not selling Ester C, other versions might work too, it's just that I've had reflux issues and my understanding is the Ester stuff is associated with some calcium so it's not so acidic or some such. I also get it when the "rebates" knock $4 a jar off at COSTCO.

Good luck on your search for relief. It doesn't seem to get any easier with age.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
C Ester worked great for me. THen we found its tied to kidney stones.

Quit taking it, hurt much more often and longer and all night most nights without it, but no longer get stones basically...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Geno, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Has anyone tried yellow raisins soaked in gin for a month?

I've heard this as well, it'd be worth a try.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I tried it, but I could only keep eatin' em for a week.

Ran outta toilet paper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you're only supposed to eat 6 or 7 a day!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
,to stay on n topic I won't discuss diet. Having boxed in my teens and into early twenties followed by years of I n proper and abusive powerlifting techniques I've broken, busted and wore out out alot of joints, tendons and ligaments. Couple the extracurricular activities listed above with the fact that I've done nothing but construction and oilfield work for the last twenty four years. Having spit all that out let's get to the point here.

Get to know and start researching Kratom. I won't list the fancy Latin terminology, but I will say I've been using it for the last 3 months and it is heaven sent as far as eliminating inflammation and pain. It eliminates 100 percent of the pain and stiffness of my arthritis in my hands and wrists. Subdues the bursitis and tendonitis in my elbows and eliminates arthritis pain in my knees, back, neck and right shoulder. I've had multiple surgeries in the latter departments listed.

It's definitely better option than getting hooked on the opiates for life and turning to heroine addicton like has happened to tons of people. I've witnessed this first hand with friends and family that were never drug abusers of any types.

I've used the dried leaf, but I've found the bottled version blended with other naturals including white willow bark, in which Battue has already mentioned many times to be quite superior. What I've been using is Vivazen and it's spectacular. Kratom has been used successfully for ions in other countries.

I've used it successfully pretty much every day for last few months and I've quit it for a week for the longest stint and then recently two days off to see if there was any withdrawal symptoms. None really. I'd say the withdrawal symptoms are coffee like for me. Know better or worse than coffee dt ING

My wife is using it successfully as well and loves it.

Last edited by MolonLabe41; 10/13/15.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Also, I will add that one bottle a day will energize the [bleep] out of you for hours on end. And pretty much eliminates all pain for me. Days when I still hit it hard in the gym I've used two bottles day after. Two bottles take away the pepped up feeling that one gives me and is more like a percocet feeling. Almost identical actually. And on two different occasions I wanted to see what 3 a day would do and I believe that is to much of a dose and expensive.

Used as a preworkout it is bad ass as well. You will have phenomenal workouts and be nailing heavier weights for more reps than usual. I've quit using it before gym though because I don't want to become dependant on using it before gym. Plus I have the ability to push myself mentally and physically in the gym without any enhancers. Just figured id throw it out there for the guys who like preworkout drinks/supplements

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What little I could find on Kratom on the net makes it look sketch.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I hear you man and I thought the same at first. To me it came down to the pain, so I tried it and liked it. I didn't do any yesterday, but had to go into town this morning and grabbed one. Painfree and happy Thursday thus far. Good luck to you and your pain management.

Tight chains.

A=A

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm getting to that point with pain. Have you been able to find any good info on long-term effects?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Use and safety Edit

Kratom leaves
Kratom has been traditionally chewed, in raw leaf form, by people in Thailand and especially in the southern peninsula. Kratom is often used by workers in laborious or monotonous professions to stave off exhaustion as well as a mood enhancer and/or painkiller. Kratom is also used in neighboring countries in Southeast Asia where it grows naturally.[4] Kratom has been used in Thailand as a form of traditional medicine as an antidiarrhoeal, as a treatment for opioid dependence and as well as premature ejaculation during coitus.[22][23] As traditionally used, kratom is not seen as a drug and there is often no stigma associated with kratom use or discrimination against kratom users.[4] In southern Thailand, kratom has been a part of traditional culture for thousands of years and is common in traditional cultural performances and in agriculture.[24] In southern Thailand, kratom chewers generally start at around the age of 25 and many continue to chew the leaves for the rest of their lives. A fresh leaf weighs on average 2 grams. The average number of leaves consumed is between 10 and 60 leaves per day, but even more than this is common. In some areas of southern Thailand, where Kratom is often referred to by the street name P̄hī or 'Goblin', it is thought that upwards of 70% of the male population uses kratom on a daily basis.[25]

Tight chains.

A=A

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
88 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 747 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.