Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
What is it with online vendors not wanting to use USPS flat rate shipping? It's not like they have stop what they're doing and go to the PO. The PO will drop off flat rate boxes and pick up the packages and give a discount for printing the shipping online.

I tried to order 6, RCBS Lil Dandy rotors from Optics Planet to fill in my gaps so I'd have a full set. They would easily fit in a small flat rate for $5.25 but they want to charge $24.30 to ship these to Alaska. "I'm sorry sir but we don't use USPS flat rate."

I get sick of getting hosed on shipping because vendors won't use USPS.

Okay rant over. Thanks for letting me vent.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have often wondered the same thing. I include shipping cost with the total price of the item. Sometimes I find that I don't need it all that bad.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Flat rate kills their profit margin. Everyone knows what flat rate costs so we know what they're really charging for 'handling'.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was looking to buy a trigger yesterday for a mauser project I working on. Went to checkout with Boyds and they wanted to charge $44 to ship it to ANC! The damn trigger is only $44!! Midway will ship it for $4.99.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I wanted to buy a magnet recently...damn thing was no bigger than my thumb...whoever I was ordering it from (I forget) wanted $16 to ship it...no freeking thank you...

Cheers/bg

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a Vortex Scope coming tomorrow from Optic Planet and it was free shipping

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You will have to pay shipping sending it back to vortex for repair so it will all even out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have five Vortex Scopes and so far never had to send one in for repairs or replacement

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is jacked up. I would be done with them too; just trying to make extra coin off of shipping - you can do better if you shop elsewhere.

M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by bea175
I have a Vortex Scope coming tomorrow from Optic Planet and it was free shipping

It wouldn't be free shipping from them if you lived in Alaska.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
last two times I have ordered from them, they have been out of stock on the item, and did not tell me. Just left me hanging , waiting for delivery until I called and got the news.
Now I just try someone else first.

Sam......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You just don't understand the charges, Mart, you obviously live in one of those "57" states Obummer says we have, and they just haven't figured out your zip code. Hang in there buddy!

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just got a crossbow fr rom cabelas and the box has a set of boot prints on top of it.
WTF?
really?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
last two times I have ordered from them, they have been out of stock on the item, and did not tell me. Just left me hanging , waiting for delivery until I called and got the news.
Now I just try someone else first.

That's why I quit dealing with them years ago. They'll tell you something is in stock, when actually it's not, take your money, and hope they can keep you (and your money) on the hook til their next delivery of said item. If I want something, I want it NOW. If you don't actually have it, IN STOCK RIGHT NOW, I don't appreciate having smoke blown up my azz, which is their standard operating procedure. It also irks me that they have like 20 different websites, with different names, set up with the SAME stuff.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
bought from them a couple times. they had best price each time, once got free aluminum scope lens covers at n/c. shipped great. no problems.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That happened to me waiting for a flash light no more for sure. It really burned my azz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I beat this drum on a pretty regular basis, but Amazon has a lot of the stuff we use, and free shipping on orders of over $35, I think, and free 2-day for Prime members. The Prime membership is $100 per year, but I save that on shipping in just a few months. It also includes a video streaming service, music streaming, and loaner Kindle books. You just have to be sure that your item is either actually sold by Amazon or fullfilled by Amazon.

I just bought a scope and mountsfrom Opticsplanet, but it shipped from Amazon for free and was here in two days.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
From "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"...

"Aren't you a [bleep] geographical oddity, you just happen to be 2 weeks from everywhere"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OpticsPlanet has pissed me off a couple times, too. The only thing that keeps me going back isn't their customer service dept. They suck. Had one broad busting my chops over the phone for a pittance. I asked her "Have you checked my purchase history?". She says "No, I don't need to".

The really good salesmen always check my history and that's the only reason I continue buying from them. I've negotiated some good deals over the phone with them, then use my loyalty and purchase credits on top.

One of my buddies here is so done with them, and that's a bad idea on their part. He makes my money look like poker money and is constantly buying all kinds of cool stuff and building really nice rifles.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Amazon Prime is a great deal, even for those of us up in the Great Land, at least so far! I've ordered stuff from them with free shipping that I was sure would be cancelled once they saw the shipping Zip code, but every time the item has shown up on my doorstep.

One of my big gripes is with vendors who openly advertise shipping for an item is via USPS Priority Mail, but then refuse to ship to Alaska due to the "higher shipping costs." Even when I have tried to explain that the Priority Mail flat rate boxes cost the same to ship whether it's going across the state or across the Pacific to Hawaii I usually just end up slamming the phone down in frustration. Especially when the idiot on the other end tells me that the flat rate is only good within the United States. Sigh...

Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 300_savage, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 66 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.