-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still laughing that in Texas you can be arrested for any traffic infraction. A fuggin busted tail light and off to jail!

The entire state should line up and kick that dumbazz cop in the balls and and slap the chit out if his mammy for costing them so much money.

By the time this is done, any guesses on how much Mr I'll light you up! Will have cost the state for a failure to signal bull chit stop?

What a joke.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm still laughing that in Texas you can be arrested for any traffic infraction. A fuggin busted tail light and off to jail!

The entire state should line up and kick that dumbazz cop in the balls and and slap the chit out if his mammy for costing them so much money.

By the time this is done, any guesses on how much Mr I'll light you up! Will have cost the state for a failure to signal bull chit stop?

What a joke.

Texas isn't alone in that.

It's classified as a Class C Misdemeanor. Most states allow arrests for misdemeanor offenses.

All a citation (ticket) is very simply put, is a charge of violating the law, and your promise to appear in court to answer to those charges.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RB- How much you think that busted tail light will cost ya?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RB- How much you think that busted tail light will cost ya?

Depends on your attitude.

With the right attitude, a receipt for the repair presented to the judge will probably end up costing nothing...

With the wrong attitude, compounded with resisting arrest, well, cost is relative. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not you, the ticketed, you the tax payer that now has to pay to incarcerate, cloth, feed, house, prosecute, etc....the person arrested for failure to signal.

Somethings should only be a ticketable offense.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Many years ago, on a holiday weekend, I was stopped after leaving my boat at the marina by two Highway Patrolmen (State Troopers now in Texas) who suspected I was drinking - probably because they saw a beer bottle in my vehicle cup holder sticking up above the dash. This was before having an open container was a no-no. I was smoking a cigar, and was asked by one officer to "put it out" before exiting my truck. I politely asked if I could simply leave it in the ash tray, as it was a pretty good cigar. He allowed that, and when I could follow his pen with my eyes as he whipped it back and forth, I was told to pour my beer out and continue on my way home.

Outcome might have been different had I argued and made a big deal out of this?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You all do realize that the cigarette extinguishment was a precursor to his legal request for her to exit the vehicle - WHICH SHE REFUSED TO DO.

The cigarette is the red herring a lot of folks are holding falsely to.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by Kenneth
When did smoking cigs inside your own vehicle become illegal?

The second the officer decreed it so. He was within his authority to liquidate her at that point, but exercised restraint instead.

Sure, we whine and gripe about activist judges "legislating from the bench occasionally(and truth be told we usually support that), but we really support police legislating from behind the badge.
So what, that was not illegal and he was picking on her because he sensed a problem in her. The situation became illegal when she refused to follow his command to get out of the car.

As it turns out he actually did his job of public safety by taking a suicidal activist on a mission off of the public streets.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not you, the ticketed, you the tax payer that now has to pay to incarcerate, cloth, feed, house, prosecute, etc....the person arrested for failure to signal.

Somethings should only be a ticketable offense.

Nothing, unless maybe the jail didn't follow some type of policy in checking prisoners. Even cops have to do something wrong before they lose lawsuits.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It cost nothing to incarcerate a prisoner? To prosecute them? You don't think there will be a lawsuit?

Do you believe the cops actions were warranted? Not just legal, but warranted? Would you of handled it in a similar manner?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gleaned this off the website fark.com. yeah, I know, Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...a-in-her-system_55b14a0ce4b08f57d5d41d47

Not a cop, never claimed to be one. I think the 'Fire pretty much has it right though

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Telling her to put the cigarette out was for the officer's safety. A lit cigarette can be used as a weapon to burn or blind. When she wouldn't do it he asked her to get out of the car. This is where she screwed up. She refused. She had no right to refuse a lawful order. My thought is that he wanted to separate her from the lit cigarette. Had she complied and got our of the vehicle he would have had her sign the warning and she could have been on her way.

She does have an extensive criminal history.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...us-Encounters-With-Police-316025661.html

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
quite the list, and a few DUI's too boot.

With the Huffpost's glorious treatise that dope could be in someones system for days and she didn't swallow it to hide it because the jail didn't find it, maybe one can surmise she was buzzed when she was pulled over, and was a functional addict (prior drug arrests), driving just well enough - except for blowing the stop sign and the improper lane change - which she had been cited for in the past.

Maybe she was irritated because she was stoned and the "douchebag cop" was ruining her buzz?

The jerk....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again, go outside the US MSM for information.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wallowed-MARIJUANA-inside-jail-died.html

Suicide: Sandra Bland's autopsy concludes death by hanging and also reveals 30 healing cuts on her wrist, large amounts of marijuana in her blood and NO signs she was attacked or murdered in jail

District attorney's office released autopsy findings for Bland on Thursday
She was found hanged in Waller County Jail, Texas, on July 10
Authorities say she killed herself, but family suspect foul play
Assistant DA Warren Diepraam gave news conference discussing results
Said lack of marks on her hands, face, and neck seem to indicate there was not a struggle before her death
Also said her neck only has a single wound from the hanging - consistent with suicide
Further tests confirmed that there was marijuana inside her when she died

By Reuters and Kieran Corcoran For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:04 EST, 23 July 2015 | Updated: 21:33 EST, 23 July 2015

Sandra Bland's wrist was covered in 30 cuts that were at least two weeks old and her body contained evidence of a large amount of marijuana in her system, according to an autopsy.

Results from the autopsy on the body of Bland, who was found hanging in Waller County Jail, Texas, were released by the district attorney's office this afternoon, who said that there were no signs her death was anything but a suicide.

Family and supporters of Bland, who was arrested in a violent confrontation with a Texas state trooper before being jailed, have claimed that she would never have killed herself and must have been murdered.

According to Waller County's assistant district attorney, her body was found hanged with a plastic bag, and does not show any signs of struggle.

Warren Diepraam, who addressed a news conference Thursday afternoon, said that there were no marks on her hands which could have come from an attempt to fight off any attacker.

He also said she only had a single wound on her neck, which apparently came from the plastic bag used in the hanging.

Diepraam said that a violent, involuntary attack would usually lead to more wounds on her neck, including broken bones. He also said there were no marks on her eyelids, lips or face, which would usually be the result of an attack.

He also noted that forensics experts found around 30 scabbing cut marks on her arms, which were between two to four weeks old, predating her arrest.

There were also scab wounds on her back and minor abrasions around her wrists, which Diepraam indicated could have come from her arrest, in which she struggled against handcuffs and was pinned to the floor by an officer's knee in her back.

Preliminary drugs tests also found marijuana in her system.

Diepraam said that unless she took the drug inside her cell, Bland would have had to have ingested a huge amount of the substance, either by swallowing or smoking it, for it to still be in her system three days later.

Bland was pulled over on July 10 near Prairie View, Texas, northwest of Houston, for failing to signal a lane change.

After the incident escalated into an altercation between her and the trooper, Bland was taken into custody and charged with assaulting an officer.

She was found hanging in her jail cell on July 13 with a plastic trash bag around her neck.

Her death was originally ruled a suicide, although officials have said they are handling it as a murder probe.

According to Lambert, Mathis said the state needs to conduct a second autopsy on Bland, whose body was returned to the Chicago area on Wednesday in preparation for a funeral on Saturday.

CBS News reported that Mathis had asked that Bland's body be preserved after a toxicology test found a substantial amount of marijuana in her system at the time of her death, but denying that he had ordered a second autopsy.

Waller County Sheriff Glenn Smith, whose office operates the jail where Bland died, could not be reached immediately for comment Thursday on the report of marijuana in her system.

Smith told Reuters on Wednesday that the jailers on duty when Bland was admitted felt she was not a suicide risk based on their observations and her statement on the questionnaire that she was not depressed at the time.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/24/15. Reason: added text of news story

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by iambrb
Gleaned this off the website fark.com. yeah, I know, Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...a-in-her-system_55b14a0ce4b08f57d5d41d47

Not a cop, never claimed to be one. I think the 'Fire pretty much has it right though

I have had more than afew occasions where individuals who were smoking dope in their car would light up a cigrette to try and hise the odor of the weed

If something like that were suspected by the cop, then that would explain why he asked her to put it out

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

With the Huffpost's glorious treatise that dope could be in someones system for days and she didn't swallow it to hide it because the jail didn't find it, maybe one can surmise she was buzzed when she was pulled over, and was a functional addict (prior drug arrests), driving just well enough - except for blowing the stop sign and the improper lane change - which she had been cited for in the past.

Maybe she was irritated because she was stoned and the "douchebag cop" was ruining her buzz?

The jerk....

One DUI and a bunch of citations for no insurance, FTA, etc... She was for sure a dumbazz. That's not in question.

If the cop had made a mention of smelling weed when he pulled her, I'd get it. He didn't.

It was a bullchit "fishing" stop and he escalated the encounter for no apparent reason other than he got his feelings hurt.

This whole thing is a giant waste of money and resources.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RWE

The jerk....

One DUI and a bunch of citations for no insurance, FTA, etc... She was for sure a dumbazz. That's not in question.

If the cop had made a mention of smelling weed when he pulled her, I'd get it. He didn't.

It was a bullchit "fishing" stop and he escalated the encounter for no apparent reason other than he got his feelings hurt.

Why would he tip his hand and blurt out. " I smell weed"?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

The jerk....

well as long as its all about money.

Don't get off about my little supposition. Whiner's have been pulling it the whole thread with the "all about the cigarette" BS, so I'm allowed a little poetic license.

Apparently everyone else's "what if's" are of greater credence than mine.

I get it.

Sorry to interrupt the rhythm.

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm still laughing that in Texas you can be arrested for any traffic infraction.

Actually you can't for speeding and having an open container. But you can for everything else. Does it ever happen? Only if you are a stupid idiot who can't or won't follow simple directions that even a caveman could follow. She failed to follow a lawful order. Simple as that.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Another nine pages of he said/she said that's not worth reading - BTW, I think the OP just intended to show how events can get spun by the media....

My wife was stopped the other day for changing lanes without signaling. Her and I both agreed it was a BS stop by one of our little town rookie cops that looks like he's 12 years old. She chose not to mouth off, not to get hauled off to the pokey, and didn't ask for a trash bag when she got home so she could hang herself.

Regardless of whether you experience of of America's less than stellar LEs, believe it or not, you still have some say in your destiny.

Happy Friday!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.