Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RUM7 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anyone have any experience with these guys? I'm trying to put together my first AR and was looking at their barrels. Thanks
Customar15.net

Last edited by RUM7; 06/26/14.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
ARIC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which one are you looking at? I have never heard of the company before and with barrels, that's usually enough to make me shop elsewhere. There's not much mention as to their source for blanks, quality control, or testing. I don't see any mention of a warranty or guarantee either.

Let us know what type of barrel you are looking for, your budget, and your intended use, and we can be more help.

Last edited by CBMJR; 06/27/14.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Agreed - it's a generic barrel, maybe a factory "second" or a small production company that is starting up.

If you are comfortable going into the build knowing you may have to replace the barrel later, it's a decent price.

I don't like the vague warrenty that doesn't spell out what the barrel return policy is. Most likely, you install it, you own it. It does sound like they will honor the warrenty if the barrel is clearly defective - machining, alignment, threading.

JSE Surplus has Wilson Arms barrels on sale, and a better known company:

http://www.jsesurplus.com/barrels-2.aspx

RUM7 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. This gun will be an introduction into the AR world for me.
I've got everything from big game down to prairie dogs covered with my bolt guns. This gun will be for fun plinking and maybe a coyote or two out on the farm. I don't have any experience with AR's so I am just getting my feet wet to see if I enjoy them. I'm not set on any particular barrel. Something 16-18" that makes the gun balance well. Thanks for any advice.
PS- any used barrels out there that people want to get out of their way?

- Wabi-
RUM7 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Let me ask you guys this,
I'm not necessarily interested in the cheapest barrel. I would like to know what barrel, in your opinion, is the best bang for your buck?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

- Wabi-
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Daniel Defense makes a great quality chrome lined barrel. For stainless, WOA is the best for the money. If you go with a 16", get a mid length gas system. If 18", go with rifle gas.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I have an ICE Arms 18 inch new barrel, 1/8 twist, rifle length gas that I would make you a deal on. It's the hydrid stainless melonited version, IIRC.

I've been happy with my White Oak barrels, and one DD that is a good barrel as well. The only drawback a White Oak is the back order wait of several months.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/27/14.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
for the money ARP is very good, most of his barrels are melonite treated and every one I have used so far is well sub moa. he might be sold out of what you need at the moment but he gets them in fairly regularly. for the dollar I doubt you will find better...

I have two of his 6.8 barrels, a 16" and 18" and a 18" .223 barrel with rifle length gas set up. you can buy a better barrel but you can pay a whole lot more as well. I doubt you will find a better barrel within 100.00 bucks of the price..

Last edited by hillbill; 06/28/14.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"m far from in the know of what all is out there these days, but bang for buck was always Wilson done up by White oak. RRA Wilsons were ok too, as long as the crown was good.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree the wilson blank WOA barrels (no wait) are excellent for the money if you want a SS barrel. For chrome lined barrels, I have always heard good things about Criterion too. They claim to have a unique chrome lining process that insures a more uniform bore leading to better accuracy. Their SS barrels are supposed to be very nice also.

Last edited by CBMJR; 06/29/14.

IC B3

RUM7 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
After looking around this weekend, I am really interested in the 16.5 inch Evo light barrel by Voodoo. I figure it would point well and I'm never going to be shooting long strings of rounds through this anyway. It is a rifle length barrel which makes me wonder if that would cause issues with a 16.5" barrel.
I got all 4 wisdom teeth yanked on Friday afternoon, so I've had some time on my hands......

- Wabi-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I talked to TK at Adams Arms about those barrels. They were designed for a piston system and not gas. He told me that he doesn't even like selling them as gas barrels unless the buyer has a lot of experience with tuning carrier weight, gas and springs.

Unless you NEED something like that, I'd recommend against it as it's likely to be a headache getting it tuned right.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
RUM7 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, that's what I was worried about.

- Wabi-
I
I
Hey guys,
I own Integrity Arms and was notified of this post. I know its over a year old, but thought I would chime in anyway.

We have been in business 7 years, so we are not a new company. I did not call the company 'Integrity' because I thought it was catchy.

wareagle700 - Keeping your supplier secret is fairly common in the industry. Look at Rainier, PSA, Alpha, JSE, etc etc. Sure these companies offer other companies barrels too, but their line is kept secret as far as who turns them. Colt, BCM, POF, etc etc do not turn their own barrels either. The guarantee is what matters, and whether or not the company will stand by that guarantee. Our guarantee is simple and always has been(and stated clearly in our FAQ/Terms & Conditions page). We offer a 15 day no questions asked return policy for ANY reason. Past that, manufacturers defects are still covered.

AH64guy - We don't use factory seconds. As far as a vague warranty, see above.

We sell many barrels a month to dealers and retail sales alike. We don't pretend to be something we are not, but we are the best place to buy a barrel on the net. Don't want to try one of 'ours'? We also stock Blackhole Weaponry, Odin Works, Patriot Ordnance, CMMG, Bergara, Lothar-Walther, etc.

I would be glad to answer any questions, or you can always call for quicker response. 678-883-AR15

Last edited by IntegrityArms; 07/24/15.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
756 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 75 invisible), 2,957 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,390
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.