-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Have met so many fine young couples in our nation's military these last several months.

Their parents and our nation should be proud of how they carry and conduct themselves.

it's really been an honor to get know some of them abit.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No doubt! Media makes it look more bleak in America than it really is. How can they get us to cry for the govt to save us if there's not a problem? If there's not a problem, they'll make one!

Plenty of awesome people in America, we just need them to unite against the common enemy.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Agreed!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I make every effort to thank any man/woman in uniform for their service anytime I see one, never hurts to spring for lunch either if they are in a restaurant. Without exception, they are all polite, respectful, and always thank me for my support of the military. Sometimes I think our only hope. God bless them.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So far of my many nephews, three have graduated college or high school and all three have gone in the military (two Army one Navy). I just got back this past week from Fort Leonard Wood, a place I had never heard of before, to attend the graduation of one of 'em.

I was blown away by the caliber of folks there in uniform.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Birdy it's cause most folks refer to it as Fort Lost in the Woods.

congrats to the nephew!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
So far of my many nephews, three have graduated college or high school and all three have gone in the military (two Army one Navy). I just got back this past week from Fort Leonard Wood, a place I had never heard of before, to attend the graduation of one of 'em.

I was blown away by the caliber of folks there in uniform.

Birdwatcher

I spent 9 weeks there in the summer of 1973. I went on to spend 24 years in the Army and National Guard. I made it a point to never go back to "Lost in the Woods". Birdy, my favorite place to pull duty was Ft. Sam Houston.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, it is great how they will carry out US government directives without question.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,528
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.