Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JMR40
I like Five Guys better too. Only been in a Whataburger once. It was good, just not as good as Five Guys to me.

For the money Steak & Shake is pretty close. I can eat there for 1/2 the price of the other 2 and cheaper than McDonalds, Wendy's or BK.

Hardee's gets an honorable mention.

JM, you should read up on the toxic crap McDs fries their fries in. The US Cattlemens Assoc has them on their chitt list for importing south american beef which has no restrictions on feed which may contain brain tissue from deceased animals iirc.

Otoh, Burger King has had some good Angus burgers. All the WBs ive eaten the last many years have little tough bits that prevent my teeth from making contact with the opposing tooth when i chew.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah the liberal la raza reporter from SA just couldn't help him self.

now this is what most mexican americans feel. this kid is a second cousin that lives in California.

Joseph Rivera Lol did you read the typical liberal beginning. They always pretend they are using facts lol. Donald trump said that there are criminals and some good people also. Anyone who thinks every single one of them is a good person is ignorant.
Unlike · Reply · 3 · 4 hrs

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

York Bar, York, Montana. You won't get a burger like this at those places...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

York Bar, York, Montana. You won't get a burger like this at those places...

[Linked Image]

Half eaten?

smile

Looks great, I will have to try that place out.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
that burger is tiny compared to a whataburger.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The picture I saw of the Whatabuger, It looked like the Flathead Monster Buger in Bigfork, MT Then again there is The Scotty Burger in Kalispell.

Sure miss it.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have never ate whataburger but I have ate 5 guys and it sux. Greasy and way over priced. Fudruckers sux also, I'd rather eat at DQ. I have never had a burger from Culvers but I like everything else from there.

Here in tennessee all the really good burgers are at ma&pa joints and steak houses. Doughnuts are another thing that's hard to find around here. I only know of 2 places in east tn that have great doughnuts and I'm glad both are an hour away

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LOL

I love that defense!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
that burger is tiny compared to a whataburger.

That is a 2 pound bag of potato chips beside the remnants of the partially eaten burger that will most certainly beat out the whataburger, whichaburger or whoaburger that you may try to compare...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just can't eat a fast food burger. I ate at a Whataburger once in '94 with a native Houstonian colleague when we were heading to his property outside Center. I recall it being a good burger. I can usually find a local place that works out well. I have also found that's most Mexican dives make a killer burger priced well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had Whataburger in Pensacola when I lived there. It was pretty good as I recall. It's been a while, but I think I like Carls Jr better.

Up here there are a bunch of burger joints like 5 Guys, Fat Burger, Frugals, etc....the best burgers are from the Teriyaki joints. There is hundreds of them and nearly all have a killer burger for half the price of 5 Guys etc...

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Whataburger, sausage gravy&biscuits yes, and nothin' else.

Something about them makes me wanna' ralph, just the smell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come to think of it, for the price of 5 Guys with fries, there is a steak house in town that grinds their own steak trimmings.

It's fantastic.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carl's Jr. Double Western - at least for chains

For a solo location, Val's in Hayward, CA was phenomenal. Don't know if it is still there, or not.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Angussent
BS. Five Guys RULE.

Without a question

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Kind of like 4ager deciding for me some time back what vodka I like (he does tend to be a presumptuous little ffucc). A ffuccingg joke really. It would seem folks might have different preferences in what burger, vodka or azzzz they like and the views of other is, well, worthless.

Last edited by EdM; 07/27/15.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like Fuddruckers. They grind it fresh from chuck.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not had Whataburger. But I'm a burger guy and have had several on the list in the OP. But...

I just had one of the best burgers of my life today. Place called Lunchbox Laboratory. Bit expensive at about $14 a pop with side of fries. Totally worth it. This place has "Dork," duck and pork patty. Also has "Churken," chicken and turkey. I had their homage to Dick's Deluxe, a classic Seattle drive-in menu offering. They leave it done medium and the juice and grease runs on the plate and you need 6 napkins to clean up. Friends who had been there a lot said they use "American' Kobe beef raised here? Don't know if that is possible to keep the price to $14 but damn worth the trip to one if you're in the Seattle area.

Fish's best burger list:
Lunchbox Laboratory; Bellevue, WA
Lottie Moon's Bar; Oxford, OH

Honorable mentions:
Fuddrucker's (chain)
The Counter (chain)
And Five Guys, because they know bacon on a burger should be crispy... you know, for texture. Just seems right to me.

Not really a fan of drive-thru fast food but if I gotta do it, Wendy's.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer moose burgers that's what we had tonight.

but of the ones listed I've only ever had McD's, Wendy's, White Castle and Steak and Shake (takohomasak) been a long time since I had S&S but recall it being my favorite.

If I have to eat one here, I prefer the Wendy's but I like the jr. bacon cheeseburger no condiments just lettuce and tomato or the double stack with everything

I'll grab one if I'm starving, and in a hurry, but thankfully most of the time I'm pretty well fed and it shows.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 788 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.