Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Finally I took possession of a NIB Ruger Charger. I intend to use the Charger to shoot squirrels out to 60+ yds (assuming accuracy pans out). Scopes are not cheap. Been looking at the Leupold Fx II 4x LER scope. Can't find it anywhere for less than $349.95 which is more than what I paid for the Charger. What would you guys recommend that I put on this machine?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would like to see some feedback on this. I just ordered one and am trying to decide what to put on top.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can get a Bushnell 2-6 handgun scope for about $160 or so. I had one on a .22 Contender a while back. Nice little scope, but not easy to get behind at 6x.

If you can shoot squirrels at 60 yards with a pistol, any pistol, you're a better man than me. I've killed a couple with a Bearcat, but they were close. Personally, I'd use a good red dot with a 2 or 3-minute dot and stalk close.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nothing over 2x, and no red dot. I like the Leupold and I like the Weaver.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have several of the Burris 2-6 power handgun scopes..they have mainly been put on Scout rifles, but with the BallisticPlex reticle it makes hitting at long range easy.

Have also got one of the 2-6 Bushnell and it is very clear and bright...for the Charger that is mainly going to be shot off a rest or bipod I would go with a variable power with a 6-8X topout...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MissouriEd: I STRONGLY suggest you go with a red dot type sighting system for your Charger.
I have several rimfire pistols that I Hunt Ground Squirrels and other small game with and I much prefer the red dot sighted pistols to the standard optical pistol scopes with crosshairs!
I have only had my Charger for one Varmint season so far but I love the red dot non-magnifying optic for Varmints, small game and Grouse Hunting and have been using them for many years on other pistols.
The very small fields of view is the MAIN reason I am displeased with the magnifying EER scopes on my pistols.
Whereas the field of view on the red dot type sights are much, MUCH larger.
I have killed Ground Squirrels (which are a rather small target indeed) out to 72 (Leica lasered) yards with my red dot sighted rimfire pistols.
I agree with you "scopes are NOT cheap" anymore and I get better performance (more fun!) out of my red dot type scopes - and they are VERY CHEAP compared to the EER magnifying pistol scopes!
Especially when the red dots are purchased on the used market.
One does have to REMEMBER to "turn off" the battery operated optics or you are shut down until a new battery is installed.
The average person only needs to learn that lesson once!
I have completed my SECOND lesson in that regard so far.
Best of luck to you with whichever system you choose but for me target acquisition is so much easier/quicker with the red dot type optics than with a small field of view EER type pistol scope.
Either way you go the Ruger Charger is so handy and so much fun to shoot you are going to love it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First things first.

Does the charger have a bipod and a magazine?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't care what Clark says.....
I tried a Leupold pistol scope on mine and hated it.
It wears a 4x Monarch now....
Gophs to 60 are no problem.

Have Dog

Will Travel

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
The Leupold Delta point shuts itself off after a few minutes with no motion. I have one on a Smith 41 and really like it.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,150 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.