-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never set foot in a Steak 'n Shake. Will have to give it a try as it is the closest burger joint to my house.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in mid-North Alabama and have never even seen most of these burger joints. There are Dairy Queens, Burger Kings, Wendys, Krystals, and Hardees in the county. Krystals is terrible, at least what few I've had the misfortune to try. There is a Five Guys about 15 miles from home, but over $12 for burger and fries, too much for me to spend on a burger, I can go to any of several places and get a full meal huge plateful of food for that or less. Some of the barbecue places around have really good burgers, big old thick juicy patty with tons of thick cut goodies on top. The barbecue sandwiches good too.

Now I'm hungry at nearly 1:30 am.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
IN-and OUT is a better Burger by far.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've stated for some time that I believe Whataburger puts meth in their burgers.

The first time I ate one I thought 'Only a Texan could consider this impressive.' But about two weeks later, I had an inexplicable craving for one. They do something to them that makes them like no other. I liken them to White Castle. If you grew up around one, you know what I mean.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fish, as was discussed at length in another thread, "American Kobe" is a lie. There are only two places in the whole USA that serve actual Kobe Beef, one is in NYC and the other is in Vegas. And it runs well north of $40 an OUNCE.

What EdM so wisely said is true: Nobody can tell you what you like best. To even attempt that is fatuous and imperious.

Oh, I have to say that I ate at a Five guys once. I found that burger to be overhyped, overpriced, and (in the case of that one sample) overcooked. I doubt I'll go back.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm pretty indifferent to Whataburger. It is pretty good for a fast food burger, but it isn't In and Out or Five Guys. On the other hand, none of them are very good compared to the burgers you can get at thousands of cafes and local joints.

Burgers are like Mexican food, you can eat a burger every single day from different places and be eating something different every time. None of them are exactly alike and all have their merits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn it, now I have to go out for a burger for lunch.

wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I hate hamburgers and have been better since I decided to remove hamburger from my house several years ago.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I like WB, but I like Five Guys and In-n-Out better.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Culver's and Stake n Shake are a lot alike, but everybody from the buckle of the corn-belt knows that Stake n Shake have been the best since 1934.
Never heard of those Whataburgers...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The damn burger ain't the damn issue!!!

,....'scuse the hell outta me while I go beat my damn head against the wall,...

Quite making sense.

It's amazing how many folks will fall for the subliminal propaganda messaging.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Fish, as was discussed at length in another thread, "American Kobe" is a lie. There are only two places in the whole USA that serve actual Kobe Beef, one is in NYC and the other is in Vegas. And it runs well north of $40 an OUNCE.

What EdM so wisely said is true: Nobody can tell you what you like best. To even attempt that is fatuous and imperious.

Oh, I have to say that I ate at a Five guys once. I found that burger to be overhyped, overpriced, and (in the case of that one sample) overcooked. I doubt I'll go back.

Anyone that pays that much for a piece of beef is a friggin' idiot. That's $500 for a decent steak! Fff'k that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

I agree.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not really, 4ager. A serving size of Kobe is about four ounces - and it is SO rich and SO flavorful that four ounces is enough. Yes, that's still a $200 and up meal. It isn't something you have every Tuesday night in place of meatloaf; it's a rare - nearly bucket list - kind of meal.

If you had it once, my friend, you would not call someone an idiot for doing so. It is simply amazing meat.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never had five guys or whataburger so can't comment, of those listed In and Out by a large margin.

Funny thing about restaurants, generally when someone raves about one I'm universally disappointed. Its the places that I don't have high expectations that are likely to impress.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No offense, my friend, but $40/oz is nuts.

I can buy 1/4 steer, locally raised, hormone and antibiotic free, butchered, packaged, frozen, and delivered for $250; pasture raised and grain finished by people I know and trust.

$200+ for 1/4 pound of beef is insane. Hell, I can get elk for less than that, or bison.

Ain't no way in Hell 1/4 pound "steak" is a meal; I start at 1/2 pound and that's a light lunch when having steak.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/28/15.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not really, 4ager. A serving size of Kobe is about four ounces - and it is SO rich and SO flavorful that four ounces is enough. Yes, that's still a $200 and up meal. It isn't something you have every Tuesday night in place of meatloaf; it's a rare - nearly bucket list - kind of meal.

If you had it once, my friend, you would not call someone an idiot for doing so. It is simply amazing meat.

I know next time I can get it, I'm getting it.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The list of contenders was incomplete.

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I hate hamburgers and have been better since I decided to remove hamburger from my house several years ago.

Haven't stood in a line for more than 3 seconds in over 20 years. Don't plan on starting now.

Ray
(of Florida Sunshine)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whats for lunch today?

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.