Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hpb_rst Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
I'm sure lots of folks know already, but I figured I throw my opinion in the ring too. The folks at Talley are awesome.

I went to their website last night and tried to order some ex-lows for my Model 7. I got errors thru Paypal leading me to wonder if my wife had forgot to pay the cc bill or something. After stumbling through Mastercard's automated system for a ridiculous amount of time and speaking to a "customer service" rep with a bad attitude and heavy accent, I determined that my account was in good standing. I called Talley and got a breath of fresh air. A real person answered the phone. He found my order from online last night within seconds, took my cc number down, and said the rings would ship out today.

I'm sure I'm gonna sound like an old man here (and I'm only 35 haha), but it's dang refreshing to deal with a company that makes an excellent product here in the USA with great customer service. This will only be my second set of Talleys, but I don't see any reason to ever go anywhere else for my scope mounting needs in the future.

Just wanted to share my experience with a good company. Thanks for reading.

Russell

BP-B2

W
W
I agree. They are great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are all I use. (Except on Rugers)

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Agree about Talley. Two months ago I called and ordered some 1-inch Screw Lock rings, but somehow we got mixed up and I ended up with 30 mm rings. I said 6x42 and the tech probably heard VX-6 or something.

I called them back that day and they shipped out the 1-inch rings. I got them a day later, and used the postage paid envelope they enclosed to return the others.

Sure, I would have preferred getting the correct rings the first time. But everyone makes mistakes, and it's nice to do business with a company that will promptly correct mistakes. It wasn't the first time I ordered something from Talley and it won't be the last. All my other orders with them have been great.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They are great people and provide an excellent product at a reasonable price.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
IC B2

H
Hpb_rst Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Got them in today. Very pleased with the product and transaction. Thanks for the comments gents.

Russell

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
TALLEY TECHNICAL SUPPORT ALWAYS HELPFUL !
The other day learned a couple things from
them. Prior to mounting a new Swarvovski scope
asked their opinion of Swaro mounting instructions
indicating use of adhesive on bottoms of rings.
I had never known any one to do such a thing. Talley
rep agreed that only application would possibly be
with the extra large magnums. In addition he informed
me the popular light weight Talleys warranty is void
if one laps the inside of rings. The CNC rings should
align with out lapping, lapping removes anodized coating
and can weaken rings. Interesting?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
444 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 49 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.