Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd have read it except for all the ads that kept popping up to block viewing.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Social Nazis.

Go to the Austin City council meeting and tell them you can't stand the odor of local pot shop, or the 50 pot plants next door, they'll tell you it's legal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope it passes just so we get to hear Austin whine when all the BBQ moves out of the area..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

BBQ belongs in small towns and out of the way places...not waiting in a 5 hour line in downtown Austin. Franklin's may be great but I'll never eat it.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Truer words were never spoken about liberals. They claim they "love...small business." But, as usual with liberals, that's a half-truth. The missing words are:

to regulate

to control

to tax

to ruin

to eliminate

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The Bolshies are reaping what they have sown!!!!

Damn hard for me to spend money on BBQ anyway when I can make it right hear.

Franklins is only popular because it's the "in" place to eat. (Or stand in line). Hipster joint down in the historically black part of town.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They had this on the news a while back. The ordinance prohibits excessive smoke within 100' of a residentially zoned area.

The videos and pictures I've seen had a lot of smoke. It's essentially a dude with a trailer parking 30 yards from your house every day and building a giant fire.

The ordinance sounds ridiculous, but the freaking food trailers all over town are just as ridiculous.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I hate food trailers.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sounds like Texas.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Truer words were never spoken about liberals. They claim they "love...small business." But, as usual with liberals, that's a half-truth. The missing words are:

to regulate

to control

to tax

to ruin

to eliminate

Ya but most likely this isn't about business so much as it is about the consumption of animal flesh..odor is just the weapon. Live amongst them, you learn how they think. smile

That is why the pot smell of the local pot shop is not a problem.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
There's only about two or three places we eat when we havta got to town. Like to the doctor and all. But it seems anyone with a flatbed and old corrugated sheet iron open up a food trailer. Also seems every vacant lot is full of the things!

Me? I look at bbq like some here on the forum look at factory ammo.

I will say that there were some customers that would always bring us guys upstairs some brisket from a place off North Lamar up by that Yellow Rose teat flopping place. It was some good stuff. Name of the place was Stiles Switch bbq. No line and not trendy. Hell that may have all changed now tho.

Founder

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
They had this on the news a while back. The ordinance prohibits excessive smoke within 100' of a residentially zoned area.

The videos and pictures I've seen had a lot of smoke. It's essentially a dude with a trailer parking 30 yards from your house every day and building a giant fire.

The ordinance sounds ridiculous, but the freaking food trailers all over town are just as ridiculous.

No mention is made in the article that this would apply only to BBQ places within 100' of a residence.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
There's only about two or three places we eat when we havta got to town. Like to the doctor and all. But it seems anyone with a flatbed and old corrugated sheet iron open up a food trailer. Also seems every vacant lot is full of the things!

Me? I look at bbq like some here on the forum look at factory ammo.

I will say that there were some customers that would always bring us guys upstairs some brisket from a place off North Lamar up by that Yellow Rose teat flopping place. It was some good stuff. Name of the place was Stiles Switch bbq. No line and not trendy. Hell that may have all changed now tho.

Nothing's fun any more. It's all trendy and gay.

Bikes, bird hunting, fishing, brisket, fajita, coffee. Fugk, even McDonalds is trying to go chic.

Tequila too. Tequila is supposed to be poured down your throat by a fat Mexican with a whistle so you can wake up in Ohio on an empty airplane and have three airline employees tell you to GET OFF THE PLANE NOW. But no, now we have Jack Bauer gently sipping the schit and reminding us to have no regrets. If I didn't want any regrets, WTF would I drink tequila?

I'm proud of not being a peasant but this schit is getting out of hand.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
wtf happened to austin? i spent the summer of 84 there and it was a funky, freaky, blues, booze and bbq filled good time. now it sounds like fuggen san fran.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

No mention is made in the article that this would apply only to BBQ places within 100' of a residence.

Birdwatcher

No, it's not mentioned in the article, but if you would research it beyond the 24 Campfire, you would see that is exactly what they are proposing. Within 100' of a residential zoned neighborhood.

John

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rem141r
wtf happened to austin? i spent the summer of 84 there and it was a funky, freaky, blues, booze and bbq filled good time. now it sounds like fuggen san fran.

Here's what started the whole "Keep Austin Weird" shebang!!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Friedman_(politician)

Everything went to total schidt from then on!! I remember this freak and his whole city council! Talk about bolshies!!!! I remember when they tried to outlaw the sale of handguns in the city limits of Austin!!!! A real goat Phook of politicians!

Founder

WS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its a shame that folks as dumb as elected officials can attempt to rescind legal operations.

Banning future ones I can see, but retroactive without grandfathering sounds like federal govt or a lawsuit in the works to me.

That anyone would care about the smell of bbq smoke is also beyond ridiculous.

But as I've said, the good book says it all will end eventually and the road down that path won't be fun....

Pretty sure we took the off ramp already.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Unlike some here I love the food trucks. I've had all kinds of great food at reasonable prices. Taco vendors , soul food , BBQ'S , seafood , American grill food , greek food , you name it and there's a small family cooking it in a trailer or truck. I've had a few disappoint but mostly it's good to great.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The lines at The Salt Lick in Driftwood just got longer...

Fuggin' Liberals.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,474
Posts18,451,783
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.