Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Hey guys, since you all have such good taste in knives, I figure your the ones to ask for recommendations on good leather sheath makers? Posting pictures is a huge bonus!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like Larry Parsons sheaths. Link to his site,in the Links section,on my site

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
^^^^
I make my own but they have always looked nicer since I get advice from Larry! I also buy some of his for special projects I do.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Check out Paul Long or Claude Scott.

Exceptional, flawless work.
Claude on left, Paul on the right.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sakohunter264; 07/27/15.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Larry does my custom work on anything i don't build myself and in my opinion he builds the best custom sheath made bar none

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly. His fit and finish are second to none.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
L parson- he can do any of the fluff that's required by the buyer.

The best leather available is utilized and the stiching machine's are tuned for proper tension not to tear in the future. The hides are bought twice as thick as required then split so you get very firm leather on the inside.
Full time saddle maker for 40 years hintZ the ability to make good equipment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
don't need, or want 'fluff' here......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Paul Long is the best there is. You can google his work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim Layton ...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
don't need, or want 'fluff' here......

Opinions vary........

[Linked Image]

some Parsons.........

I like a little fluff now n' then,

Just sayin'

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
fluffer........grin

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
fluffer........grin

[Linked Image]

I resemble that remark.

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Not hardly - he does one style. Layton and parson do everything. Only thing I've never saw either put liner's in they're sheaths. I'm figuring for a reason. Paul does nice stuff. The best that's a big word. Look at the way parson and Layton attach the belt loops. Tapeted round stiching. Paul makes a beatiful work of art.
On a hunting tool the holster is more important than the cutting tool!! Much like a scope on a gun. Jim Layton does every single step by hand he's way up in years. Only machine he uses is a drill press. Lots of horse hide utilized with 0 fluff. I had many many of both. Layton is a good friend that being said he will do exactly what he wants and input is unwanted or needed. He makes for who he wants when he wants and I'm lucky he will deal with me. Both these guys are of the best of the best. If you want either to jump thru hoops your better to deal with other guy's

Last edited by rickmenefee; 07/28/15.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

Not hardly - he does one style. Layton and parson do everything. Only thing I've never saw either put liner's in they're sheaths. I'm figuring for a reason. Paul does nice stuff. The best that's a big word. Look at the way parson and Layton attach the belt loops. Tapeted round stiching. Paul makes a beatiful work of art.
On a hunting tool the holster is more important than the cutting tool!! Much like a scope on a gun. Jim Layton does every single step by hand he's way up in years. Only machine he uses is a drill press. Lots of horse hide utilized with 0 fluff. I had many many of both. Layton is a good friend that being said he will do exactly what he wants and input is unwanted or needed. He makes for who he wants when he wants and I'm lucky he will deal with me. Both these guys are of the best of the best. If you want either to jump thru hoops your better to deal with other guy's

Everybody has the right to their own opinions. I particularly like Mr.Long's work because it lends it'self to the large Bowies I both like and make. Paul is also a heck of a nice guy. I met him only through bladeforums and he PM'd me offering help along with his personal number. He then graciously spent several hours over several days explaining certain techniques to me just to be a blessing and a help.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
fluffer........grin

[Linked Image]

I resemble that remark.

GWB

Now that's my idea of a hunting stand.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Paul Long for me.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

Everybody has the right to their own opinions. I particularly like Mr.Long's work because it lends it'self to the large Bowies I both like and make. Paul is also a heck of a nice guy. I met him only through bladeforums and he PM'd me offering help along with his personal number. He then graciously spent several hours over several days explaining certain techniques to me just to be a blessing and a help.
No argument from me. Why Geezus made different women.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 07/28/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hummm... "Why Geezus made different women." Thats brilliant, gonna try it on the old lady this weekend! Maybe I can have two? smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Okay. One more...my secret. Dave's work is impeccable.
He also makes a really incredible knife.
http://www.horsewrightclothing.com

Last edited by Sakohunter264; 07/28/15.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.