Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I never got the change to the khaki top, the old green was superior.

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I was going to add to my original post the fact that when you CAN get them to go, they are on their electronic media constantly.

Used to be the trips would fill a whole school bus and have a waiting list in just a day or two after being announced. In recent years we have actually had to cancel some due to lack of interest, which was unheard-of back in the day.

This is sad because those who did go along on camping trips and such twenty years ago invariably mention those trips as highlights of their high school years when I run into them on the street.

Birdwatcher

I was an ASM for many years and all three of my sons are Eagle Scouts. We had a rule in our troop that prohibited electronics during our outings. The boys could use them while in the car, but once we got to our destination they were prohibited, on pain of confiscation for the duration of the trip.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sounds like the church of LDS is pushing back and reconsidering their association with the organization.

Looking forward to all the threads praising their opposition...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doesn't really matter. Today most of the Boy Scouts are probably Homo's anyway

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by MOGC
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.

A totally meaningless gesture on your part. To do so would only have a negative impact on your son.

Scouting's policy is for adults to interact with scouts in pairs, for the protection of both the scout and the adult leader.

My Church cut ties with a BSA Troop that they had sponsored for years because of the homosexual Scout decision. The point being that decisions made at the National Level are likely to have a negative trickle-down impact at the Troop Level.

Not really, many a boy has done just fine never being in scouts.

I was in for a few years, learned how to build a useless derby car and got out, still did just fine...

Its up to parents to see that the kids do well.

If scouts are coming full of things you don't want them to experience, get em out and go do something else.

No big issue or deal.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Agree with rost. This pathetic idea just paves the way for more pedophile scout leaders.

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/28/15.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I grew up in 4-H. Some churches sponsor the Awana program. There are alternatives to the scouts.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I grew up in 4-H. Some churches sponsor the Awana program. There are alternatives to the scouts.

Yep.

There's also nothing preventing PARENTS from being involved, maybe even acquiring the old Boy Scout Handbook, and teaching their kids a few things.

A novel and in this day and age perhaps radical idea, to be sure.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 4ager

A novel and in this day and age perhaps radical idea, to be sure.

hopefully it will catch on!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Damn shame its considered novel and radical.

Shows the decline.

But the good book refers to whats coming anyway eventually, do all you can and you still can't stop it.

Sure seems that the gentle slope we were on in the last years has fallen off a deep bottomless cliff though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about the scout oath ?....morally straight ?????

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by MOGC
The news said this was an effort to increase enrollment into the scouts from young people. Really? If I had a kid in the Scouts right now I'd yank them out immediately and fire off a letter to Scout HQ explaining exactly what I thought of their new policy.

A totally meaningless gesture on your part. To do so would only have a negative impact on your son.

Scouting's policy is for adults to interact with scouts in pairs, for the protection of both the scout and the adult leader.

My Church cut ties with a BSA Troop that they had sponsored for years because of the homosexual Scout decision. The point being that decisions made at the National Level are likely to have a negative trickle-down impact at the Troop Level.

Not really, many a boy has done just fine never being in scouts.

I was in for a few years, learned how to build a useless derby car and got out, still did just fine...

Its up to parents to see that the kids do well.

If scouts are coming full of things you don't want them to experience, get em out and go do something else.

No big issue or deal.

My son wasn't in the Scouts. I don't think he suffered too terribly. He didn't have much time for it between football and baseball at school and hunting and fishing with his dad and grandpa. He is a self sufficient man, college educated hard working and beginning a new family in his newly bought home. Loves to hunt and fish and is a danged good woodsman. Especially loves bowhunting, killed three deer last year with his bow. He is well rounded and well liked and highly regarded in his profession. His mother and I are very proud of our kids (we have a daughter also), both are super young adults. And it wasn't Scouting that made them that way.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This will hit them where it hurts. The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This will hit them where it hurts. The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.

Sounds like there's at least one group of Christians with a set of balls.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The BSA's savings on sleeping bag purchases will be substantial.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave
The BSA's savings on sleeping bag purchases will be substantial.

Laughin'...

Sick fugk.

Clark

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dry cleaning bill, OTOH, will be substantial.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When I was a kid the old joke was 'When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie'

That just sounds better than 'When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he chugs his first cock'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The Mormon Church is the biggest organization involved in scouting. I just read an article that says they're looking in to pulling out and starting their own similar organization. That will cost them tens of thousands of leaders, kids, and and a huge chunk of their support.

My suspicion is that the separation is already locked and loaded, and the alternate organization is already planned. It's not like we haven't had time to get ready.

Almost half of all Scouts (Cub, Boy, etc.) are registered in LDS sponsored troops.

Be not weary in well doing.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Leviticus 20:13

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,561
Posts18,453,703
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.