Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Sounds like you speak for the whole forum. My posts were classy as all get out until I was the same as called a liar for daring to say that I see CA, something that the majority of the population sees.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nowhere did I ever come close to calling you a liar. Thanks for the support though bh!

Originally Posted by bh46118
It's a misnomer that you have to look for CA to see it. If you're prone to seeing it, you can't selectively decide to not see it. I see it in a very pronounced fashion, be glad you don't. I said earlier that the SV does a more than acceptable job on CA, just not the best I've seen. Very close, but could be a TINY bit better. I sure as f--k wouldn't have spent $1900 on them if they weren't either the best or near the best in every single area. What you think personaly don't mean s--t to me, keep that noise over on the Turd forum.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m curious....where is the Turd forum?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Usually, but not always, it hangs around inside the optics forum, but once in a while it gets dumped into another one.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bh46118-

In reading above posts IMO- I would not say in any way were you

" the same as called a liar ".

Just do not see it in JGRaider's post.

Actually in reading your post- it looks like you were the one that decided to take the low road.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fight nice fellers - we're almost to hunting season.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bh46118,

My posts were classy as all get out

I've always thought the same about mine. At the same time I'm sure there are some here who would disagree with both of us.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Usually, but not always, it hangs around inside the optics forum, but once in a while it gets dumped into another one.

Ahhh! Very good to know! smile

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I've had a look through the 10x50 SV, albeit briefly and didn't notice a huge difference to the 10x42 SV although it wasn't a side by side comparison. However, I sure wouldn't want to carry the 50 around the hills hunting.

Optically, I prefer the Zeiss 10x42 HT to the Swaro 10x42 SV my hunting buddy uses. Only use the Zeiss when near the vehicle or a fly in chopper trip. Use my Swaro 8x32 SV for the high country backpacking trips. It's surprising what a difference even 8oz makes when you have to carry it all day in the hills.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Turd Forum = Bird Forum

A certain rollingballer that frequents the place is the Swaro expert of the world even though he doesn't own one.

Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I’m curious....where is the Turd forum?

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Turd Forum = Bird Forum

A certain rollingballer that frequents the place is the Swaro expert of the world even though he doesn't own one.

Ah, the one and only brockenroller! The guy is also a world authority on Zeiss and Leica. Apart from not owning any those three brands, he hasn't even looked through any of them. Oh, sorry, I think he looked through an older Swaro EL 8x32 once. He'd make a good study case for psychology students.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
zeissman, although I've always been a 10x42 guy, I really like the 8x32Euro HD I have as well. Everyone who uses the 8x32SV raves about it. Do you ever seem to wish for more x's when you're out hunting with that 8x32SV? I'd love to have one. I think Shrapnel here uses one almost exclusively nowadays.

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/28/15.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's a misnomer that you have to look for CA to see it. If you're prone to seeing it, you can't selectively decide to not see it. I see it in a very pronounced fashion, be glad you don't. I said earlier that the SV does a more than acceptable job on CA, just not the best I've seen. Very close, but could be a TINY bit better. I sure as f--k wouldn't have spent $1900 on them if they weren't either the best or near the best in every single area. What you think personaly don't mean s--t to me, keep that noise over on the Turd forum.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
I often wonder about this CA thing. I have the SV's and see no CA, but then again I don't/have never looked for it in any binocular I've ever owned. It's never crossed my mind on a hunt, that's for sure. I think it's overblown and all to do about nothing personally.

Stupid is as stupid does. These Yosemite's would have done everything you needed, except giving you bragging rights.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
zeissman, although I've always been a 10x42 guy, I really like the 8x32Euro HD I have as well. Everyone who uses the 8x32SV raves about it. Do you ever seem to wish for more x's when you're out hunting with that 8x32SV? I'd love to have one. I think Shrapnel here uses one almost exclusively nowadays.

Hi there JG. I don't find any disadvantage using the 8x32SV in terms of spotting game over my Zeiss 10x42 HT. I use the 8x32SV with the Kuiu bino harness and hardly notice I've got it on me when I'm not using it. Supposedly it has some issues with glare in some conditions according to some at the bird watchers forum, but I've never noticed what they're talking about. In fact, I think a lot of them wax on about minute optical trivia that's irrelevant in real world usage.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Gee, that never happens on the Campfire!

But I agree, birders can get pretty obsessive about analyzing optics, sometimes just as obsessive as hunters analyzing bullets, cartridges, etc.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Huh

Originally Posted by Steelhead

I often wonder about this CA thing. I have the SV's and see no CA, but then again I don't/have never looked for it in any binocular I've ever owned. It's never crossed my mind on a hunt, that's for sure. I think it's overblown and all to do about nothing personally.

Stupid is as stupid does. These Yosemite's would have done everything you needed, except giving you bragging rights.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Daughter has a 2014 8x32ELSV and I could get by with that one glass hunting. Amazing view. She bagged her 10x50's.

But do agree w/MD on the SLC and the Zeiss HT for that matter. They look a bit brighter to me in the deep shadows over the flat field stuff like the SV & SL. Take your pick: slightly brighter sweet spot or wow-vision.

Personally wouldn't lose the 10x42SV for a 10x50. Keep the 10x42 and then save for a 10x54 HT next year...:)

Zeiss would be nice if they came out with a 12x54HT

Last edited by tomk; 07/29/15. Reason: acronyms...

Defend the Constitution
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the that, and to everyone else with good responses.

[Wquote=tomk]Daughter has a 2014 8x32ELSV and I could get by with that one glass hunting. Amazing view. She bagged her 10x50's.

But do agree w/MD on the SLC and the Zeiss HT for that matter. They look a bit brighter to me in the deep shadows over the flat field stuff like the SV & SL. Take your pick: slightly brighter sweet spot or wow-vision.

Personally wouldn't lose the 10x42SV for a 10x50. Keep the 10x42 and then save for a 10x54 HT next year...:)

Zeiss would be nice if they came out with a 12x54HT

[/quote]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Personally, imho, fwiw...a generalization--currently I like the sweet spot look for big objective very low light stuff and long distance glassing--then a flat field type smaller glass for everything else. So you need at least two...

Am sure my wife would prefer the flat field glass for looking at stars, but I will keep handing her the SLCs...:)

Defend the Constitution
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

grin

Originally Posted by zeissman
Turd Forum = Bird Forum

Ah, the one and only brockenroller! The guy is also a world authority on Zeiss and Leica. Apart from not owning any those three brands, he hasn't even looked through any of them. Oh, sorry, I think he looked through an older Swaro EL 8x32 once. He'd make a good study case for psychology students.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,361
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.