Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
GB1

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The organized protest will most likely be sizable today due to cooler weather.

They should boycott all dentists everywhere.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by add
Not one word about her dental hygiene?

I believe he said they were the whitest teeth he had ever come across. grin

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Preflight the .gov jet for Africa!

"Late Tuesday, U.S. Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn., urged the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Department of Justice to investigate whether the killing violated any endangered-species laws."

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This is just as much about class warfare as it is about hunting. Going after the rich white guys.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
This is just as much about class warfare as it is about hunting. Going after the rich white guys.

Yeah, if it was some black dude from Detroit he'd be applauded for going back to his roots.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Calvin

Yeah, if it was some black dude from Detroit he'd be applauded for going back to his roots.

THIS....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4winds
Curious,

If the lion cubs are doomed and the lion population is so low, why won't the animal rights idiots save the cubs and relocate them? I'm guessing they contribute nothing to the overall conservation of lions except for hot air and finger pointing? I wonder who pays for the park and all the conservation programs including shooting the poachers selling critter parts to the chicoms??? Bet it isn't the concrete living, do nothing, never been in the woods, "animal rights" fundraisers. Liberalism is a cancer.

That point about the cubs caught my attention too when I saw that some were whining about the runner-up's killing the cubs so the lionesses would come into heat and they could create their own progeny.

There are, as you write, several stupid positions is the reports. Focusing on this one lion and one hunter, whose hunt seemed pretty typical, except for the unresolved questions about licenses, seems quite wrong-headed to me.

I do understand that "Cecil" was great-looking and it would be good for the gene pool if his cubs were preserved, but I suspect that he has already made substantial efforts in that regard.

Also, it is accepted that "Cecil" (a stupid anthropomorphic idea to give such a name to a lion) is 13 years old. Given that the full life span of lions in the wild is only 10-14 years, he was about due anyway.

As for the university researchers, most respected researchers that I have followed who study other species are not terribly upset if a collared specimen is taken by a hunter. That is common and is the luck of the draw. Journalists are making assumptions that I suspect are incorrect.

Too bad that the PH et all. concealed the collar, but in a place like Zimbabwe, which I know a little about, who is to say others would not do the same thing. The rule of law is not so dependable there.

All in all, I reserve judgment on any possible wrongdoing without more facts. I surely would not rely on the British tabloids -- or US TV comedians who pretend to be legitimate social critics (if there is such a thing.)

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Some of the people wailing and gnashing their teeth are in fact just hysterical anti-hunters. There are more than a few hunters however that, based on what is coming out about this particular incident, are viewing this as closer to poaching. In fact it's my understanding there's been two actual arrests regarding poaching charges in this case.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The dentist's mom just came out with a statement. I expect we will not hear anything further on the incident.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Palmer shot the lion with a bow and arrow, injuring it. The wounded lion was found 40 hours later and shot dead with a gun...

Does this count as an archery kill?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Palmer shot the lion with a bow and arrow, injuring it. The wounded lion was found 40 hours later and shot dead with a gun...

Does this count as an archery kill?

Of course!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
That's BS, IMO.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
crossbow

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The organized protest will most likely be sizable today due to cooler weather.

They should boycott all dentists everywhere.

Well, fine. I'm going hunting!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My girlfriend broke up with me when she found out I was planning on baiting a bear and then killing it.
I explained it is legal in Minnesota and spot and stalk really is not an option in this terrain.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would have told her not to let the door hit her in the ass on the way out. Good Riddance

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think all the dentists should boycott by going hunting more.

I know a guy who can get us a great deal on trophy pandas. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I knew some guys that used to have a competition to see who could kill the most feral cats in a year.
They called themselves the Kitty Commandos.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
On his late night show, Jimmie Kimmell wept while telling of the death of Cecil and how horrible the hunter was.

Jimmie, however, didn't do any weeping over Planned Parenthood selling parts of aborted baby girls and boys.

Jimmie is one tough dude, huh?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

617 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,326
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.