Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Harry M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good shoot.

When an officer falls down, that officer and every officer in the vicinity is cleared to open fire on any civilians in the area since the officer on the ground is at a disadvantage as was demonstrated during the righteous Diallo shooting several years back. Yeah, I know the officer claimed he was dragged, but now that he has the hindsight of reviewing the video he should be able to adjust his story to fit the film footage since video is intended to assist officers, not to be used against them as Jeff Roorda succinctly pointed out.

Look for the prosecutor to really softball this until the officer is exonerated. Today's rhetoric was just a necessary evil to distract the community.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Bad things happen when you disobey basic rules of law -- such a fleeing from a cop who lawfully pulled you over, and asked lawful questions about your license to drive.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Bad things happen when you disobey basic rules of law -- such a fleeing from a cop who lawfully pulled you over, and asked lawful questions about your license to drive.

BMT

Funny how that works, ain't it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looked justified to me.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure police can shoot even when someone does obey their commands.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
was that Huggy Bear???

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Looked justified to me.

They all do to me also.

What's up with the navy jack?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

Looked justified to me.

Originally Posted by rem141r
was that Huggy Bear???

It is pathetic that we nowadays have so many LE and their groupies willing to give up another human life so cheaply without so much as a lifted eyebrow.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The P A and Police Chief didn't mince words in the Press Conference. They called it murder, plain and simple.

And they claimed the cop tried to alter the evidence.

The car rolling was because the driver was killed with his foot on the brake from what I understand.

FWIW... he is a Campus Cop. not City Cop.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"It is pathetic that we nowadays have so many LE and their groupies willing to give up another human life so cheaply without so much as a lifted eyebrow."

Now that the penalties for wrongfully shooting black folks have become so severe, the cops will be reduced to shooting white folks.

Once that happens, a lot of the groupies will desert them.

Not here on the 'fire, of course, but in the real world.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

Looked justified to me.

Originally Posted by rem141r
was that Huggy Bear???

It is pathetic that we nowadays have so many LE and their groupies willing to give up another human life so cheaply without so much as a lifted eyebrow.

Lots of folks getting shot gave up on their life a LONG time ago. If they don't give a shiet, I don't give a sheit.

What would you like me to do, cry on the Kimmel show and send $10 to UNICEF?

I've got $100 says I wouldn't have been shot, because I wouldn't have shown my ass nor thought about driving away. I know, it's my white privilege. I'll send another $10 to UNICEF.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Besides, he's been arrested, let the courts handle it. I gave up worrying about one stupid SOB when the liberals decided to kill a couple hundred thousand babies a year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"about driving away."

Except that, that's not what happened according to the investigators.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Or perhaps his foot slipped off the brake? Smart folks put their car in park and turn it off when pulled over.

Hey, I'm on your side. I wish everyone, everywhere in the US of A that wears a uniform would walk off the job tomorrow, military included. Things will be so much better.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"about driving away."

Hating the cops because they are all incompetent assh*les is a self fulfilling prophecy. I can not wait for the day that the care of fools is entrusted to those more worthy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
"about driving away."

Hating the cops because they are all incompetent assh*les is a self fulfilling prophecy. I can not wait for the day that the care of fools is entrusted to those more worthy.

Yep, just because the officer's story has to change to match the video from a given incident does not mean he wasn't in the right.

Don't worry, the murder charge will likely pan out something like this one:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rial-0421-met-20150420-story.html#page=1

There is no way a prosecutor will go after one of his own.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quit following me pervert.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The P A and Police Chief didn't mince words in the Press Conference. They called it murder, plain and simple.

And they claimed the cop tried to alter the evidence.

The car rolling was because the driver was killed with his foot on the brake from what I understand.

FWIW... he is a Campus Cop. not City Cop.

Just rhetoric to try to keep a riot from happening.

Why wouldn't the officer be allowed to alter evidence? Seems like just another privilege they have and no different than police having the discretion to not collect evidence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BULLSCHITT.

I've never denied disliking bureaucrats AS A CLASS OF PEOPLE. I have many friends in L.E. and I've posted that many times.I've said time and again that I don't understand the bureaucratic mentality, and when the bureaucrat has a gun and a badge of authority, I'm especially mistrustful.

In this case, when the cops in charge of the investigation say flat out that he murdered the guy, you want to turn the discussion to ME, and away from the event.

The cop at the Press Conference rightly pointed out that in every line of work there will be found some who should not be there and that L.E. is no different.

But this aura of persecution so prevalent among cops on this forum would be funny if not for the consequences.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,338
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.