S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
How the hell could you claim self defense?

Afraid of serious injury... from a toy drone?
Reasonable fear of serious injury is the standard for lethal action in self defense. Destroying a device isn't lethal action, thus a much lesser standard satisfies justification.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
why can't this drone owner guy be charged with trespassing and invasion of privacy, by be being a peeping tom?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the drone had a camera or remote video transmitter, the "pilot" may be violating a state anti-voyeurism law.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's nothing more than common sense. You keep your crap in your yard and I'll keep my crap in my yard. Hover some mechanized hunk of metal over the top of my kids and you can kiss its ass goodbye. Simple...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Hell Fire, I figgered it for one of them UFO thangs, come here to drain us of our precious bodily fluids, so I taken my shotgun to it".

That would be my claim.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You've not see what a spinning prop from a 350mm or larger class 'copter can do to flesh, have you?

Do an image search for "quadcopter prop injury"...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Yep; those rotors could do some damage.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-by-remote-controlled-toy-helicopter/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it is illegal to fly these dam things over the White House then it is illegal to fly over my house as far as I'm concerned

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here in the US a lot of us tend to take our private property rights very seriously, much more so than other countries do. I"m glad we do. Blood, sweat, tears etc... into buying and keeping it, its mine, you are not welcome unless invited.

Mornin', Pedro !

I'd like to supplement Jeff's comments above.

Dunno' about how they do it in other countries, the N.Eastern U.S., and don't CARE.

Under the law here in Az. failure to remove oneself IMMEDIATELY from private property when advised of trespass constitutes an ASSAULT.

Waving that creepy thing off a time or two, giving it a chance to get gone, and than blowing it away would stand as reasonable and acceptable behavior in ANY court in this state.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

You've not see what a spinning prop from a 350mm or larger class 'copter can do to flesh, have you?

So I shoot at it to make sure it goes out of control... crazy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/drones-california-fire/

Consumer drones interfere with CA firefighting efforts

BY Kenzi Abou-Sabe July 19, 2015 at 5:22 PM EDT
Los Angeles county firefighters battle a wildfire in Wrightwood, California, July 17, 2015. The wildfire is one of several in California over the past month where firefighting efforts have been partially disrupted by people flying private drones. Photo by Gene Blevins/Reuters

Los Angeles county firefighters battle a wildfire in Wrightwood, California, July 17, 2015. The blaze is one of several recent California wildfires in which firefighting efforts have been disrupted by people flying private drones. Photo by Gene Blevins/Reuters

When a fire that started in the hills northeast of Los Angeles spread to Interstate 15 Saturday, drivers were forced to flee their cars because of flames that eventually destroyed 20 vehicles.

A rare rainstorm helped to control the wildfire, which is now about 60 percent contained, but not before private drones flying over the wildfire grounded firefighting aircraft for almost half an hour.
RELATED CONTENT

Feds OK Amazon's delivery drone tests (for real, this time)

Saturday’s incident marks the fifth time in a month that firefighting operations have been temporarily grounded by a private citizen flying a drone.

In the past month, drones have gotten in the way of firefighters in San Bernadino County, the Plumas National Forest and, most recently, Interstate 15, which connects Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

A July 12 incident at the edge of the San Bernadino National Forest grounded firefighters’ air tankers for eight minutes.

“That may not seem like a huge amount of time, but in a fire emergency every minute counts,” U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman Carol Underhill told the Associated Press.

Part of the conflict between private drones and public safety is a lack of clear, legislated regulation around what drone owners can and cannot do, partly because the tecnology is relatively new.

State lawmakers in California are currently drafting a bill that would impose heavy fines and potential jail time on anyone whose personal drone interferes with firefighting efforts.

California law currently states that interfering with firefighters is a misdemeanor, but the proposed legislation would severely heighten that punishment.

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

People have already rigged pistols to them and then there is the question of just why are the invading your privacy...casing your property maybe?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

I think they could play hell with an eyeball.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not sure its too much a problem here in the UK yet, but one area I see these drones being used and abused is by the Press..

There are laws that supposedly prevent them being flown near people or private property, but with todays cameras and zoom lens, that's not going to provide much protection from snooping..

The other area of concern is there use by terrorists. Even moderately low end models have GPS guidance, which means low cost off-the-shelf auto-pilot technology is now easily within their grasp..

While many consumer grade drones have very limited payload/range, I predict that the auto-pilot technology alone will end being used in other terrorist related applications..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball

I think they could play hell with an eyeball.

They can cut the schidt out of you.

Ask Enrique Iglesias...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It wouldn't take much payload for an air burst anthrax dispersal over an outdoor cafe or the like.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
There was never a drone in this story. It's called a quadcopter, or perhaps an RC helecopter if it has 1 main rotor, and they've been around for 50 years. The drama with the media over the term "drone" makes me laugh. It's like "assault weapon" - they simply cannot use it enough.

It's like calling a magazine a clip - makes us all look stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can see an upcoming market for potato cannon with chain shot. Couple of golf balls with braided fishing line between them to wrap up propellers.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 44automag, 348srfun, 300_savage, 30 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.