Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Delusional twat.

Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski is sponsoring a bill to lift the ban on exporting American crude oil. Send U.S. oil abroad, she argues, so America can "compete against our foes in a way that doesn't involve sending our troops in and boots on the ground."

In other words, let the U.S. and Iran go head to head on the world oil market.

At a Senate Banking Committee hearing Tuesday, she asked why the U.S. would lift sanctions on Iran so it can export its oil, yet keep a ban in place on American oil exports.

"We're going to let Iran go out onto the global market and engage in sales of their oil, allowing them to amass resources and wealth as a benefit of this," Murkowski said.

How we got here

The ban on U.S. oil exports has been in place since the 1970s. It was created to keep gas prices low at home and for national security reasons. The thinking was to keep U.S. oil at home in case anything happened to prevent America from importing enough oil, especially during war.

We should "make sure we hold the key to our energy security, rather than exporting it to the world," New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez, a Democrat, said Tuesday.

But Murkowski called U.S. oil exports a "diplomatic tool" to pressure Iran. Currently, the U.S. only outright bans exports of crude oil, horse meat for slaughter and Western red cedar.

Iran has the fourth largest oil and gas reserves in the world, according to U.S. government estimates. One of Iran's priorities in the nuclear deal is to have sanctions lifted so the country can export its oil freely again.

Energy experts believe oil prices -- which are near their lowest levels since the Great Recession -- will fall even further if Iran can export oil again.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/business/some-us-senators-want-to-start-oil-war-with-iran/34405166

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

BP-B2

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Obama is going to give Iran billions and she is worried about them selling oil.Where does she vote no the Iran deal. With him or against him. ED K

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Under the guise of.... The consequence will be 4 dollars a gallon for gas and 450 for diesel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we can sell it for $5 and buy it for $4, that seems like good business sense to me. Alaska has voluntarily shot itself in the feet to be good PC players in this regard. Sounds like the idea she’s promoting is politically aimed toward the Cumander in Chief........... good.

(Or we can just keep all our oil and natural gas and have cheap energy.....at least those on whose lands the stuff is extracted. Oh, wait, BP might not want to suck it if they can’t sell it. blush )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The argument that banning export keeps prices low is bs, as it's a global commodity.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The argument that banning export keeps prices low is bs, as it's a global commodity.

The price of a barrel of oil is at a low.........yet the price of fuel is at a very high level.

A lot of what is being said is peir adulterated Bullshet.

Need to have a Boston tea party. Every american stay home and drink tea and when fuel reaches $2 a gallon everybody go back to work. Would not even need to take a day off. Simply set a date and do a pole from a major news source as to how many folks plan to participate and see how fast it changes.

If anyone believes that big oil would not be making huge bank at $2 then your fence post stupid.

Big oil had there lets [bleep] the working man party now let's have our tea party. I have zero problem with wealth but I do have a problem with filthy rich wealth at the working mans expense.

Its all a negotiation. So far the negotiating has been purely one sided.

Its time to negotiate back!!!!!!!!!!!

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 07/30/15.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're free to ride a horse to work...

Speaking of fence post stupid, the majority of what you pay at the pump is taxes, not oil company profit. Oil companies pay tariffs on the oil they produce, taxes on their profits, taxes on the profits of refining, and yet again another tax is slapped on at the pump and the owner of the gas station has to pay taxes as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Speaking of fence post stupid, the majority of what you pay at the pump is taxes, not oil company profit. Oil companies pay tariffs on the oil they produce, taxes on their profits, taxes on the profits of refining, and yet again another tax is slapped on at the pump and the owner of the gas station has to pay taxes as well.

^^^^^Reality!^^^^^

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Gas is high because the governments are taxing the $hit out of it.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Beat me to it.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The feds charge you 18 cents per gallon and if you are in AK, your combined tax is 26 cents. In MN. we are at 47 cents per gallon.
So the feds make 18 cents pure profit per gallon without having a drilling rig, drilling crew, transport, engineers, accountants, wages, health care, vacation, liability insurance - I hope you get the picture.
In general, gas companies profit is a net 10%. So who is screwing who?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
http://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=gasoline_factors_affecting_prices

This shows a breakdown of cost. What isn't included in the dost of a gallon of fuel is the taxes that are paid by the oil companies, drill rigs, refiners, distributors and employees working in the support of the oil/gas industry.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Rusky
Gas is high because the governments are taxing the $hit out of it.

That is high?
Anybody notice the amount of taxes on cigarettes? Beer and Alcohol?
Who is the biggest sponge of your County Tax dollars - teachers
How much of your tax dollars go to benefit the cushy lifestyles of "some" government employees?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes its high. I can live without cigarettes, I don't drink beer and I make my own "alternative fuel" so I have to buy gas or walk to work. And no my car won't run on my "fuel".

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

+1

Aggregate global demand is all that matters. Governmental posturing and grand standing is about as meaningless as the tea party/gasoline boycott some espouse. We have very little hope of electing useful leaders until more people can understand some very basic economic principles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You left out the share of Alaska-produced oil that goes to the state and the shipping tariff I believe... and then there are all the cute little twists in the tax structure requiring a ton of specific information to compute...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
86 members (308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.