Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Just me, but 1800 I would NEVER spend on a factory gun.

I'd have one built for that money and then be fairly assured its a .5 or so MOA gun.

gotta agree....just had a Aero Precision built w/SS Shilen 300 BO

under $1K + glass/mounts/brass/dies...boolits

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

ARIC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
After fondling some AR's today, I'm wondering what I should expect for accuracy from a Daniel Defense MK12? This one has a very nice Geissele trigger. Any of you guys running the MK12? Are they worth the $1,800.00 price tag and is there a better rifle to buy out there for less money. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the newbie questions, but have been kicking around the idea of getting an AR for a while now. Thanks...

I do own a Daniel Mk12. It is well made and reliable, but not a tack driver.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've managed a couple groups around 1.4 MOA for 10 shots. So far I have yet to hit on the combo that gives better accuracy. By contrast I have an Armalite bull barrel gun that is currently in 2nd place in the AR Challenge, which cost a heck of a lot less than the Daniel.

The DD MK12 barrel is an 18" CHF and nitrided barrel, which I expect should shoot fairly well for many thousands of rounds, hot or cold, rain or shine. Maybe I'll hit on the trick that makes it really shoot well, but I'm thinking I need someone else's barrel.

Damn that news sucks. I still haven't made my mind up, but looking at some RRA rifles after shooting my buddies the other day. It shoots very well. I like the match grade trigger as well, but like the Geiselle SSA-E two stage better in the DD MK12. Your rifle is very nice. I'm kind of bummed your not getting better accuracy out of her...

1800... buy a lower, without trigger, put Geiselle in it, go to White Oak Precision or any of the other top line smiths, have an upper done with a top line barrel, and everything concentric etc....Suspecting you can come in at 1800 or less with a proven shooter IMHO.

Thanks Rost, I know you know your chit when it comes to AR's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I like the match grade trigger as well, but like the Geiselle SSA-E two stage better in the DD MK12.

It has an SSA, not an SSA-E.

MM

The one I was looking at has the SSA-E in it. This shop also builds custom AR's, so maybe they upgraded the trigger...At least, that's the info I was given. Twas a nice 2 stage trigger that broke cleanly at 1.2 pounds on the second stage....Sorry I didn't make that more clear in the OP...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Noveske has no accuracy guarantee

The shop I was at last Saturday said the Noveske barrels as of late have been crap.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
make sure when a shop says it builds, that it means that and what barrel blanks they use to machine, that "building" is not simply assembling... if thats the case, assemble your own with a Krieger ready to run barrel IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They are a lot of fun once you get past the idea on expecting bolt gun type accuracy. A good brass schitting machine for my Montana.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LOL, most really good barrels in an AR will be under .5 moa, yeah, not for 10 plus shot groups and all..

Whats the average of a good bolt gun? .25 moa maybe?

If you are shooting brass in an AR and using in a montana then, something ain't making sense that much...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So here is one for all of you!!!

$320 Krieger mid length 2.0 pound stainless steel or $495.00 Reardon Steel barrel from LaRue? grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no brainer until I have a reardon one to play with to compare.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm two to four weeks out on mine but can't get excited about it. Been playing with the AI and just bought a new bow today.

Too many projects.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We should be happy we have too many projects like that going on! Ain't it?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Let me know if you don't want it! Will give you $50 more than you paid grin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.