Hop To
M
mathman Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
La Flor Dominicana Capitulo II

I'm about a third of the way into this large stick. Rich and complex, and surely on the powerful end of the spectrum.

Well worth trying for an occasional splurge, but save them for after dinner with a straight whisk(e)y. Beginners watch out though.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
Is it 'really' any better than these...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yes, but I don't have my nose in the air. I enjoy a wide variety of cigars a lot less expensive than the selection for this evening. This one is an infrequent treat, and on a cost basis it isn't three times better than the hand rolled, long filler sticks I typically enjoy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Yes, but I don't have my nose in the air. I enjoy a wide variety of cigars a lot less expensive than the selection for this evening. This one is an infrequent treat, and on a cost basis it isn't three times better than the hand rolled, long filler sticks I typically enjoy.

And just what would your usual be?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just read the reviews on La Flor Dominicana Capitulo II. If it smokes half as good as it sounds it should be a great cigar.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A good stick is just that, a great stick is something to remember a a backwoods is not even in the ballpark

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Dad liked the simple pleasures in life. Give him a Roi-Tan panatella and he would chew and spit 2/3 of it, puff the other 1/3 and that man was in hog-heaven. Hunting camp was another story. He could go through 3 of them in an evening telling stories from the old days and WWII with his cheap scotch in his other hand.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Scott F

I like a bunch of different stuff for different situations. I keep a wide variety of sizes, flavor profiles and strengths.

Here are two I've been smoking for a while, both quite reasonably priced at JR Cigar.

El Rey del Mundo Reynita 5x38
A mild-medium stick, good with a cup of coffee early in the day. Or any time you want an easy going smoke. Don't let the small size fool you, if you don't suck on it like a Hoover it'll last a while.

Siglo No. III 6.5x44
A well balanced cigar from the late Frank Llaneza. Medium-full, but not peppery.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Copenhagen snuff is all a man needs in life..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Padron 7000 Natural yesterday evening.

The Flor de las Antillas is my go to cigar in Toro or Toro Gordo.
These are great cigars with a medium flavor. It's rich and creamy with tons of smoke. It was cigar of the year in 2013.

I have tried the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Natural. The cigar is a strong bodied stick with great flavor and I love the chisel tip.

Here is a few more that I think highly of.
Herrera Esteli - Nicaraguan Piramide Fino
Oliva - G Series-Toro this is a great smoke and cheap, about $4.50 a stick.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had a cheap Muriel Coronella after Diner last night.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Partagas black with bourbon.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

I like a bunch of different stuff for different situations. I keep a wide variety of sizes, flavor profiles and strengths.

Here are two I've been smoking for a while, both quite reasonably priced at JR Cigar.

El Rey del Mundo Reynita 5x38
A mild-medium stick, good with a cup of coffee early in the day. Or any time you want an easy going smoke. Don't let the small size fool you, if you don't suck on it like a Hoover it'll last a while.

Siglo No. III 6.5x44
A well balanced cigar from the late Frank Llaneza. Medium-full, but not peppery.

Thanks.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
I am working my way thru a Gurka sampler and have found some really enjoyable sticks! Titan, Beauty, Beast, and last nite a Seduction. Good stuff!!!!

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
An Arturo Fuente Robusto is my favorite.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.